Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 10:34 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times

Advertisements

It's important to complain about Neanderthals like this, as they are very numerous in society. If no one complained about him in the past, is the airline at fault for doing nothing to prevent him from acting like this? Now that he has been identified and flagged for his behavior, I would expect this airline to take very different approach moving forward. She had every reason to be upset and I hope this clown does not get away with it.

I often think recording someones comments discreetly (not sure if it is legal or not) would go a long way towards correcting their behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 10:36 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,005,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's important to complain about Neanderthals like this, as they are very numerous in society. If no one complained about him in the past, is the airline at fault for doing nothing to prevent him from acting like this? Now that he has been identified and flagged for his behavior, I would expect this airline to take very different approach moving forward. She had every reason to be upset and I hope this clown does not get away with it.

I often think recording someones comments discreetly (not sure if it is legal or not) would go a long way towards correcting their behavior.
Apparently the flight attendants told her he’s a frequent flier who frequently behaves in such a way.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:44 AM

698 posts, read 568,596 times
Perhaps we should start putting something in the drinking water that would keep testosterone levels within reasonable bounds. It is becoming increasingly apparent that men themselves are not up to the task.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:45 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,035,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
While I agree, wouldn't you think in a closed cabin situation the "don't poke the bear" concept is a more rational choice. Of course throwing the guy off the plane would have been the ideal choice but if the plane has taken off then at least slowing his alcohol consumption would be another good step.
The plane had not taken off yet when she was asked to move seats. She did nothing wrong, unless you consider making a complaint about a man sexually harrassing women as wrong, so why should she be the onr who has to give up her seat?

Moving her would not have even solved the problem. If you had read the article you had linked, you would know that he wasn't just sexually harassing one woman on the plane, and it wasn't just a one time incident. Mrs. Zuckerberg's complaint to the airline wasn't just about her situation, but about an ongoing situation that the flight attendants were allowing to happen. If she had moved, but didn't speak up on social media, this guy would be allowed to continue harassing countless woman.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They may not even have begun to serve him at all, if the plane was still on the ground. He probably had been drinking in the bar, before boarding.
But they were serving him on the plane. At one point he had 3 alcoholic beverages on his tray table. If he had been drinking at an airport bar, and showed up at the gate drunk, then he shouldn't have been allowed to board. The flight attendants should not have been allowed to continue giving him alcohol.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:00 AM

102,234 posts, read 108,040,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
If I paid for first class, no way I'm moving to coach! First class is soooo different! It also costs significantly more. I've seen first class cost 5 times what coach costs. Why should she eat that? Especially when being drunk on a plane isn't allowed. It's against the law.
If it's against the law, and the plane hadn't departed yet, why didn't they remove the passenger?

Old 12-02-2017, 11:12 AM

78,500 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VendorDude View Post
Perhaps we should start putting something in the drinking water that would keep testosterone levels within reasonable bounds. It is becoming increasingly apparent that men themselves are not up to the task.
It seems you're already familiar with the substance so be more specific what it is? Zima?

Old 12-02-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If it's against the law, and the plane hadn't departed yet, why didn't they remove the passenger?
I hope Alaskan Airlines also looks into the flight attendants who were on board that flight and allowed the behavior to continue. They should not have told the other passangers to just deal with it, and they should not have served him as much alcohol as they did.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:37 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,396,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I realize that the wealthy may have the cash to pay for privacy. Many may not want to opt for it though. Someone like the Facebook leadership. They did not grow up with that wealth. Maybe they are afraid of loosing it. Also if you can manage your time and your not in a rush it is cheaper to fly on an airline.

Cost $3,000 an hour with a two hour minimum for a private jet.

From what I have read NetJet for a year cost you $119,000 and up and you need to pay additional fees.
And that is PEANUTS to people at that level. I hope that at least because she's a known "public figure" that her visibility at least helps further awareness of the issue....otherwise, why do I care that she's his sister?

Old 12-02-2017, 08:22 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,917,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Apparently the flight attendants told her he’s a frequent flier who frequently behaves in such a way.
See--that makes me wonder if Randi sued if the Airline could be considered as acting in concert with the guy to harass women flying with him...
If the attendant knew him that well--from previous trips--and she didn't say anything to the captain or anyone at the airline about this passenger's abusive behavior, that is bad--
But if other passengers made complaints about his harassing behavior on other flights and the airline was told and did nothing despite several complaints then I think the airline has assumed some direct responsibility and blame...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events