Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 06:09 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times

Advertisements

runswithscissors - GREAT POST and I can't rep you again. Here...take this:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 08:05 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,050,458 times
California has the greatest income inequality of all states. Most are very wealthy or incredibly poor with not a whole lot of true middle class left.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:20 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I could mention where the U.S. spends trillions of what I feel are wasted monies, but that is not the topic.

People are humans and all important in our world no matter what one thinks.
You are entitled to YOUR opinion, but I disagree. The excessive numbers of humans on our planet are creating massive amounts of human garbage and waste products AND driving to extinction, other living creatures. We are smothering our planet with humans. The planet would function so much better if 75% of us would vanish.

The world's population is rapidly approaching 8 BILLION people. And the greater the number of people, the less important each human being is... AND it also brings down the average quality of life lor ALL humans and creatures on this planet.

Worldometers - real time world statistics

Anyway, at least I am honest enough to say that I am out for myself and the best interests of the US first... also, all wildlife.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:21 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I was referring to all the rescue groups that fly in the homeless DOGS from Puerto Rico to rehome them in the US.
People who don't want to help DACA, immigrants/refugees, and Puerto Rican dogs don't want to help the poor or the children in our country. Go back and read some of your own posts.

P.S. The male in this story isn't named Bob Smith. He has an Asian name. So do you take back your outrage? I doubt you would want to help this brown family anyways.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:19 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Two children under the age of two, and they had been living in the van "quite a while". Why have children if you can't put a roof over their heads? The children have paid the price for their parents irresponsibility.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:26 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
California has the greatest income inequality of all states. Most are very wealthy or incredibly poor with not a whole lot of true middle class left.
What do you expect if CA keeps allowing illegals from south of the border to stay and work there? All that excess labour and people who are willing to work for less is going to drive down how much employers are willing to pay for workers. And the top tiered wealthy people are doing fine with their Silicon Valley and Hollywood pay.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:15 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
Middle class has pretty much vanished in the whole country.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What do you expect if CA keeps allowing illegals from south of the border to stay and work there? All that excess labour and people who are willing to work for less is going to drive down how much employers are willing to pay for workers. And the top tiered wealthy people are doing fine with their Silicon Valley and Hollywood pay.
Those south of the border clean the toilets americans will not do. Change the diapers of those living in senior homes. I saw all that while in 3 rehabs. People from other countries including south of the border doing the dirty work. And they are paid the lowest wages of all the health industry workers. Maybe except for the janitors in these rehabs...met and talked to them too. All from other countries.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-18-2018 at 10:43 AM..

Old 03-18-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Two children under the age of two, and they had been living in the van "quite a while". Why have children if you can't put a roof over their heads? The children have paid the price for their parents irresponsibility.
Children are the easiest thing to have for too many, there are so many horrific stories out there on the over population.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:23 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Those south of the border clean the toilets americans will not do. Change the diapers of those living in senior homes. I saw all that while in 3 rehabs. People from other countries including south of the border doing the dirty work. And they are paid the lowest wages of all the health industry workers. Maybe except for the janitors in these rehabs...met and talked to them too. All from other countries.
And the wages will stay low as long as people who don't have to pay taxes will take the job. This is upside down thinking. When you talk about farmers, why don't you bring up the illegal brokers who farm out workers. He's making a fortune while the farmer struggles and the workers struggle. The whole thing is screwed up. Illegal anything should not be supported in this country - corruption breeds corruption.

Anyway, back on topic, I feel really bad that those kids died. Sounds like the guy was a scumbag.

Last edited by hunterseat; 03-18-2018 at 11:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events