Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 05:43 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Justifiable homicide in my opinion.

I hope the cat is ok.

Dallas woman says she killed husband for beating their pet cat, cops say | Fox News

Quote:
A Dallas woman told police she shot and killed her husband because he was beating the family cat, according to investigators.

Neighbors said they were shocked to hear Mary Harrison, 47, had been charged with murder in the slaying of her 49–year-old husband Dexter Harrison Saturday morning.

Old 06-03-2018, 05:53 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,573 times
If he did that, good for her and good riddance to bad rubbish.

Old 06-03-2018, 05:55 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
It sounds like he beat the cat, it ran away, it cane back and then she shot the rotten husband. Maybe she freaked when she saw the cat because it was injured. Maybe the monster threatened to beat the cat again and her along with it. Maybe he abused them before and this was the last straw.

I’d like to know more.

I do know if I ever found someone abusing my cat, I may not shoot them, I don’t have a gun in any case, but they would get a heavy lamp over the head or at least a frying pan.

Old 06-03-2018, 05:59 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Who beats a cat?

This is not the only thing this man has done - it's not like he's gone from a very loving supportive guy to one incident of injuring the cat.

It will be interesting to see where this one goes in court.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:00 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Justifiable homicide in my opinion.

I hope the cat is ok.

Dallas woman says she killed husband for beating their pet cat, cops say | Fox News

When my ex threw my cat against the wall, I knew I had to leave him. He was hitting me, too, and I was too scared to leave before. But if he'd do that to a cat, he'd do it to a baby.

It was hard, because I had no money and had just started working. He quickly tracked me down and threatened to kill me.

I don't know this woman's story but assaulting the cat probably wasn't the first time her husband tried to hurt another creature. I think most people are going to realize that.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:06 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Hello!!! I love cats..but..a cat is not a human..it's a cat.

She committed murder....simple as that. I know many of you anthropomorphize your animals, but I doubt that the law is going to just let her off as though she killed her abuser or something.

That being said..I'd give it some weight at sentencing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mary-ha...at-2018-06-03/

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...thropomorphize

Old 06-03-2018, 06:16 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Hello!!! I love cats..but..a cat is not a human..it's a cat.

She committed murder....simple as that. I know many of you anthropomorphize your animals, but I doubt that the law is going to just let her off as though she killed her abuser or something.

That being said..I'd give it some weight at sentencing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mary-ha...at-2018-06-03/

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...thropomorphize

And? Just because this dirtbag was human, he should have gotten away with his vicious behavior? There are billions of humans on the planet, it's time we stop with the ridiculous notion that humans are the end-all and be-all and oh-so-precious, regardless of their behavior. Bad people often come to bad ends, and that's the way it should be. If someone can't be a decent, kind person, they are a waste of resources.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:20 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
And? Just because this dirtbag was human, he should have gotten away with his vicious behavior? There are billions of humans on the planet, it's time we stop with the ridiculous notion that humans are the end-all and be-all and oh-so-precious, regardless of their behavior. Bad people often come to bad ends, and that's the way it should be. If someone can't be a decent, kind person, they are a waste of resources.

Bad people come to bad ends...and kind and gentle people do not commit murder.

I agree..and that murderess will go to where bad people go..prison.
BTW..not many kitties in the penal system.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:26 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,292,680 times
It would have been better to leave him. If she killed him during a beating or she gets a sympathetic jury, she may get off easy. Murder is wrong, but it's hard to find sympathy for the guy.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:41 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
I hope the jury box is filled with animal lovers ! Anyone who abuses a defenseless little animal deserves what they get.

Yeah, I know, he is human and cats are only animals, but he was probably abusing the wife too.

I'd love to be on that jury, I would award her pain and suffering and set her free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events