Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 06:24 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
At some point in our lifetimes, those who are married will likely be a caretaker to their spouse.

It's part of the deal...
Do you think he was her husband? He was her SON.

Also, as others have said, we don't know if she had dementia. Just because someone is elderly doesn't necessary mean they have dementia. It's entirely possible that she knew exactly what she was doing and planned it that way. She sounds like a difficult person to get along with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 06:28 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Do you think he was her husband? He was her SON.
Yes, I know the man she murdered was her son.

PV wrote "Then consider just how hard it would have been for her son, a 72-year old man, to be her full time caretaker."

My post was related to the age mentioned.

72-year-olds regularly take care of their spouses, their siblings, and sometimes their parents. Most of us will either be the caretaker or the one cared for when we are older.

I didn't mention dementia anywhere in my post.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:50 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They will probably suspend the sentence.
They’ll probably put her in a nursing home with a locked psych unit.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:13 PM

566 posts, read 503,953 times
She went from birthing him, then 72 years later, to killing him.
Nice.
Retro-active abortion I guess.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:31 PM

615 posts, read 1,375,339 times
Default Why post an article from a British news source about an incident in Arizona?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44707643

So now she's probably going to prison instead.

According to the article, the son wanted to put her into a care home because "she had become difficult to live with".

P.S. on Edit: Sorry, I forgot to put "allegedly" in the title! Mods, can you please correct?

OOPS -- SORRY -- JUST SAW THAT THIS IS A DUPLICATE THREAD! There is another one in Caregiving that was posted yesterday. Mods, can you please delete this one -- or merge it with the other one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Canadian prisons are luxurious compared to many other prison systems in the world. I don't feel sorry for her. She will be well taken care of now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
This didn't happen in Canada but here in Arizona. I can't imagine putting a 92 year old in prison, anywhere.
Why don't people post an article from a news source closer to where the incident took place, instead of using a link to an article in a British news source to reference an incident taking place in Arizona?

Records: 92-year-old woman kills son after refusing to be sent to assisted living facility

Old 07-04-2018, 08:28 PM

21 posts, read 11,604 times
There's probably a lot more to this story than the media frenzy...I'd be interested in police calls reports to the house,social services issues.
I worked in a locked dementia care unit in a SNCF and while I guess it isn't impossible, most dont have the ability to string to lucid thoughts together,never mind,plan this execution style and conceal 2 weapons.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:47 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1954 View Post
I worked in a locked dementia care unit in a SNCF and while I guess it isn't impossible, most dont have the ability to string to lucid thoughts together,never mind,plan this execution style and conceal 2 weapons.
Haven't seen anything that said the woman was suffering from dementia, though.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:49 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
At some point in our lifetimes, those who are married will likely be a caretaker to their spouse.

It's part of the deal...
He was her son and not her spouse. And even if it's "part of a deal", its tough for an elderly person to be a caregiver to someone who may have dementia and needs 24-hour a day care. It's hard even for a person half that age. .

Old 07-05-2018, 12:05 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
I don't understand the kidnapping charge. Kidnapping usually includes transporting someone from one location to another.

I read that they were all living in the girlfriend's condo. She let the son move in, then moved in his mother, who then kills her boyfriend and tries to kill her. Wow.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:09 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I don't understand the kidnapping charge. Kidnapping usually includes transporting someone from one location to another.

I read that they were all living in the girlfriend's condo. She let the son move in, then moved in his mother, who then kills her boyfriend and tries to kill her. Wow.
kidnapping can be just holding someone against their will. Like at the other end of a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events