Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 03:59 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,146,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
Tell that to the men of the cloth who admonish wives to follow that instruction.
Pastors who give such advice are just as misguided as the wives. Look up the story of Nabal and Abigail in 1st Samuel. The husband acted foolishly and the wife took action to avoid disaster.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:06 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
A lot of pedophiles cultivate an image of respectability to counterbalance their oddness. Many are active members of a church, which are a great hunting ground for pedophiles. If they get caught they burst into tears (because they've been caught rather than as a sign of contrition) & blurt "The Devil made me do it.". This works for them; 'Yes yes' says the pastor/priest/minister, 'it could happen to anyone one of us.' It astounds me that they're often protected by the clergy because of the 'But for the grace of God there go I' attitude.
No no no! Pedophiles molest/rape children because they're aroused by pre-pubescent kids. It's got nothing to do with the 'Devil'; were that the case, pedophilia would be rampant.

When I worked in real estate, my boss who owned the agency, fit the profile almost to a tee. It was unbelievable what he got away with simply because he hid behind a false veneer of Christianity & respectability.
The clues were all there but it took me over 18 months to realise that my boss was a pedophile.
The way he fondled babies for e.g., made my skin crawl, but because it wasn't anything blatant I didn't understand my reaction.

One day I came into the office where a young couple from the bosses church were in discussion with another salesman. My boss was on his knees repeatedly kissing the couples little girl (around 3yo) on her lips. When I entered he excitedly said "Paul watch this" then looking at the girl said "Give Uncle Peter a kiss." Ugh, who does that?
This went on for a few minutes, repeatedly kissing the little girl on the lips, & as he was my boss, I tried to busy myself at my desk in an attempt to disguise my growing disgust. Then, me being me, just blurted out quite intensely without thinking, "For goodness sake Peter, leave that child alone." Instantly the mother said quite firmly "Yes Peter, leave her alone." I've since learnt that his reaction was one clue to be aware of; if someone ever spoke to me with such intensity, it would shock me. Not a pedophile because they're expecting it & he was clearly pushing to test what he could get away with. When I rebuked him he just smiled & said something like 'What? I'm not doing anything wrong" (Pedophiles always make excuses. The most common is the claim that they're just showing affection & 'loving' the child)
Judging by the mothers response, it was clear that she was extremely uncomfortable with what was going on, so why didn't she say anything? How dare anyone kiss another persons child on the lips (From when my boy was little, he had a real problem that his maternal grandmother tried to kiss him on the lips. I taught him to say 'Sorry nana, I've run out of kisses today', lol)

When the couple left I stopped the mother outside & warned her to never leave her daughter alone with my boss & to quietly warn other mothers at the church. The obvious fear in her eyes showed me that she realised the danger. It wasn't till later I'd found out that my boss had been pushing her to allow him to babysit. An offer he'd made to all parishioners with little kids apparently.

Although I think that people are a little more aware these days, parents are still fooled by the "strange/funny uncles".
If anyone acts inappropriately with kids in full view of others, how will they behave when behind closed doors?
The clues are always there but we all need to be vigilant to recognise them.
Some on the other hand like my uncle had complete trust from the whole family...no one ever guessed he was molesting his daughter for years.. even after he was dead , the woman in question blurted out about her dad at a family gathering telling them that he wasnt the saint they remembered.. no one would listen to her and shouted her down.. I did know however and let them know later that she was telling the truth........he was the favourite uncle who gave all the nieces and nephews pocket money took them in his taxi to the beach , bought them toys and ice cream, he was sly enough only to pick on his daughter and no one else.. I remember one night an arguement in the house when this girl tried to tell her mother about the father. and the mother hit her saying she was evil and to shut up... when I think the mother knew what went on and didnt want to admit it even to herself.... it went on and probably still does. No one would ever have suspected this man in a million years.. he was the one who wanted to harm others who did these sort of things to kids... the goody goody who kids loved...when all the time he was sick....

Old 07-17-2018, 09:15 AM

9,373 posts, read 6,970,381 times
All that lady literally did was extend thoughts and prayers.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:32 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
One of our closest family friends married a pig like this. When the daughter came forward, mom brushed it off as a lie. After he was dead, of a long and painful illness he so richly deserved, she found out from his mother that he had raped his baby sister several times growing up.

My mother had always hated that guy, and our dog bit him given the opportunity. I hope the cirrhosis hurt him. A lot.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:41 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,858,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive never seen that law applied to molestation cases, not to mention, many families have that 'funny uncle' who everyone rolls their eyes at because he likes spending time with the kids a little too much...if that law was used, all those relatives and family members could be charged.
Good, they should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Is it? Does a parent have the right to be stoned when there are children around?
I don't know of any laws against being intoxicated around children, even if it's obviously highly inadvisable. What would be illegal is if that intoxication resulted in neglect or endangerment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
The scary part -did you ever in your life- cop a feel ?-welcome to the “me too” era of American politics - guess what -you are a retroactive Criminal that has not been caught yet
Uh, no, I've never "copped a feel" on a child, let alone my child. Jesus Christ. Have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
But this could also be the factor of belief where those on the outside can say, "How can you believe?" but those on the inside, those who are the true, believe absolutely.
That's almost worse, isn't it? I mean, if you believe in LITERAL DEMONS, like, actual evil creatures from Hell, and you think REAL DEMONS are hurting your kids, and you don't even try to remove your kids from that situation?

Old 07-18-2018, 11:43 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,755,918 times
Prayer: Literally, the least you can do...

Old 07-18-2018, 06:34 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Yes you read the subject line correctly, the wife knew (for about 17 years!) and all she did was pray. I hope they charge this woman. They've gotta start prosecuting everyone who knows about this stuff and doesn't report it. That's the only way to start getting it under control.

Oh and his name is Lester Kester. Lester Kester the Molester.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...nk=latest_side
What is wrong with people. She knew and prayed. She should rot in prison also.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:49 PM

919 posts, read 609,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Some on the other hand like my uncle had complete trust from the whole family...no one ever guessed he was molesting his daughter for years.. even after he was dead , the woman in question blurted out about her dad at a family gathering telling them that he wasnt the saint they remembered.. no one would listen to her and shouted her down.. I did know however and let them know later that she was telling the truth........he was the favourite uncle who gave all the nieces and nephews pocket money took them in his taxi to the beach , bought them toys and ice cream, he was sly enough only to pick on his daughter and no one else.. I remember one night an arguement in the house when this girl tried to tell her mother about the father. and the mother hit her saying she was evil and to shut up... when I think the mother knew what went on and didnt want to admit it even to herself.... it went on and probably still does. No one would ever have suspected this man in a million years.. he was the one who wanted to harm others who did these sort of things to kids... the goody goody who kids loved...when all the time he was sick....
Sadly it's a common reaction from wives of pedophiles. Imagine what that would do to a victim, to be molested by a family member or close family friend, suffering in silence (often due to threats) & once they finally found the courage to tell their mother they get abused as if it was either their fault or they're disbelieved.

My twin & I were sent to Christian summer camp for a week when 11yo. When we met our group leader he was bribing boys with chocolate bars to massage his blubbery shoulders in the open for all to see. Straight away I warned my brother not to be caught alone with this butter-ball.
The camp leaders would not hear a bad word about this 'man of God' who was 'so giving' that he volunteered his entire 4 weeks of annual holiday every year to be left alone with pre-pubescent boys. Ugh.

During that week we had an overnight bivouac where we were supposed to camp in the bush, pitch tents & cook our meals with provisions. Butter-ball made a show of dumping our food in the garbage & bought us meat pies & sausage rolls for dinner & breakfast.
We camped in a brilliant cave with a sandy floor. Due to the heat we all slept in our undies with our sleeping bags open. During the night I awoke to this grub stroking my stomach. When I told him to stop he ignored me. Luckily I slept with a very sharp lock knife that I stuck under his chin into a roll of blubber & told him if he touched me or my brother again I'd cut him in his sleep.
The next morning Butter-ball was sulking like a child (up until that night he was always upbeat & animated) The other boys had noticed that there was a decent cut in one of his rolls of chin fat & asked what happened. (He claimed he cut himself shaving although the hairy butter-ball had thick stubble. It was hard not to laugh at the other boys insistent questioning) Straight away my twin looked at me & whispered "What did you do?" lol.
Butter-ball sulked for much of the remainder of the week & not only treated my brother & I like crap, but the camp leaders became openly hostile towards us both. We realised that Butter-ball must have told them some lie about us.

Why didn't I tell the camp leaders? Because I knew that I would not be believed. These Christian leaders either would've made my life hell or would've sent my brother & I home in disgrace.
Years later I told my lay-preacher father the story. When he asked why hadn't I told him at the time I said "Because you would've flogged me for telling lies about a good Christian man."

My son knew without doubt, I told him many times, that he could tell me anything, that I'd always protect him. Up until puberty he always did. (When he was around 9yo during our weekly phone call he started to tell me that an adult had whacked him on the back of the head but stopped himself & said that it might be better to tell me when I picked him up from school because "I'm ok dad but this will make you very angry". Yes, yes it did. The offender, his friends step-dad, lived to regret his actions & I'd be sure to say that he never laid hands on another mans child ever again)

Old 07-19-2018, 08:38 PM

88,544 posts, read 84,719,546 times
There was a case in NYC some years ago where a woman allowed her "man" to rape her six-year-old daughter. Actually held her down for him. Eventually, he killed the girl. Both of them went to prison. That was bad enough.

In a follow-up story, I read that the mother told another inmate that she realized her daughter was possessed by a demon when she caught her performing oral sex on the man.

There have not been many times in my life when I strongly wished I could kill someone, but that was one of them.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:56 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,286,654 times
So next time someone describes a person as being good by saying, "He's a Christian..." you remember this woman. Who prayed for 17 years for her sick husband to stop raping his own children in their own house. You just think about that, and how someone who simply goes to church isn't living in reality. You think about that real hard. Thoughts and prayers do nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events