Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2018, 08:08 AM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Google should do that for us. Any man who starts to date this POS in the future will find this story very easily.
She could just change her name. It's not that easy to get around the sex offender registry.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:16 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Why would a woman lie about something like this.

Haha, humans can come-up with a kazillion reasons to lie about anything under the sun.

Little Kiddies would never lie about being abused..............oh yes they would.

The list of lies told by all sorts of people goes on and on and on and on!!!!
Women are just as prone to insanity as men. It's a people problem.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=NAwB_1536301827

Old 09-11-2018, 07:59 AM

36,536 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Putting somebody in prison, on purpose, for something they didn't do isn't violent?

No ToS can prevent me from saying that your question is incredibly stupid!
I guess back at ya.
The only one that went to jail was the false accuser. Those she accused were never even arrested. To answer your question no, verbal accusations are not violent crimes.
I stand by my questioning of how putting more people in jail for non violent crimes, especially misdemeanor non violent crimes, is a good thing and something we should encourage an increase.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidepod View Post
Women usually get lighter sentences than men do.
and we have cases of very light sentencing for men convicted of rape.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
This is a difficult case. I can't find anywhere that mentions her approximate BAC, or even mentions drinking in the body of the article - just commenters below an article bring up drunken regretful sex.

I don't think anyone is disputing the facts; she went to a football team party and had sex in the basement bathroom with two football players at the same time, while they took turns having sex with her.

It was only later that she mentioned anything about it, to a guy she wanted not to think badly of her for having sex with two guys she doesn't know in the bathroom. (I guess).

This article compares this incident to the Duke Lacrosse case, and the two cases are night and day. In the Duke case, there was no sexual contact at all between the accused and the "victim".

In this case, it's understood that she had sex in the basement with the two men at the same time.

Slippery, slippery slope. She states the cops forced her to recant.

I really don't see her story any different from the many college students who come forward saying a couple men took advantage of their drunkenness at a party and called it rape, and the men were convicted.

https://jonathanturley.org/2018/06/0...omment-page-1/

Old 09-11-2018, 10:55 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
when you completely ruin another person's life like this from a lie, I'm sorry, but she needs to get more than one year in prison.....

this is whats wrong with the world today...our laws are not strict enough and everyone feels entitled....

This is wrong....so wrong.....

Old 09-11-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
when you completely ruin another person's life like this from a lie, I'm sorry, but she needs to get more than one year in prison.....

this is whats wrong with the world today...our laws are not strict enough and everyone feels entitled....

This is wrong....so wrong.....
In this particular case how exactly were their lives ruined?
They were never arrested or charged, just questioned. Their identity was kept private until they came forward.
No proof, even denial from the schools spokesperson that the guys were kicked out of school or that a scholarship was lost due to the accusation.
They are filing a civil suit.

The law allows for up to 7 years if you actually ruin someones life over a false accusation. It would seem there was no lasting damage done as she only got one year.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:59 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
More people in jail for no violent crimes?
Non-Violent crime?
How about "cowardly, gutless POS crime instead?
A Women can destroy a man with words just as effectively as a strong Man can destroy a WEAK women with his fists. Wrong is Wrong.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:08 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
In this particular case how exactly were their lives ruined?
They were never arrested or charged, just questioned. Their identity was kept private until they came forward.
No proof, even denial from the schools spokesperson that the guys were kicked out of school or that a scholarship was lost due to the accusation.
They are filing a civil suit.

The law allows for up to 7 years if you actually ruin someones life over a false accusation. It would seem there was no lasting damage done as she only got one year.
if you are even questioned for something like this, the man can lose everything, his job, his family, everything....respect...b/c people will believe it....

I don't believe you understand how serious this can be, for a man, especially if it is a lie....

I'm sorry, she deserves much more time in prison, so unfair to do to someone......

there are so many people out there that when they look at this man, they will question him, b/c this is not something people forget.....

Old 09-11-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
if you are even questioned for something like this, the man can lose everything, his job, his family, everything....respect...b/c people will believe it....

I don't believe you understand how serious this can be, for a man, especially if it is a lie....

I'm sorry, she deserves much more time in prison, so unfair to do to someone......

there are so many people out there that when they look at this man, they will question him, b/c this is not something people forget.....
I'm talking about this particular case.
This crime can be a misdemeanor with no punishment to a felony with up to 7 years prison time depending on accused crime and the severity of pain inflicted and resources used. In this case, there was no arrest, no charge, no jail, no publicity (until the victims choose to come forward with a civil suit) no loss of job, scholarship, school, family, respect (that there is proof of yet).

I can understand, my son was arrested and jailed on a false accusation of attempted murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events