Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 01:46 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

Despite the circumstances, Bill Cosby said his time in prison is an "amazing experience," his press spokesman Andrew Wyatt said in a TV interview.

Wait, really?
"Yeah, he used the term amazing experience," Wyatt said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/12/us/bi...son/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 01:54 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Don't believe it. He just doesn't want those of us who despise him to know he's miserable without his tv star life!

Old 02-12-2019, 02:06 PM

50,776 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Don't believe it. He just doesn't want those of us who despise him to know he's miserable without his tv star life!

Are you serious? He is probably the most popukar guy in prison. 90% of those guys are probably fans and vying to be his bff in prison. No one is raping or beating up the Cos, trust me. He is probably keeping them entertained with comedy bits and all his characters like Fat Albert. He is hardly just one of the guys, IMO he's Big Man on Campus there. They have cellmates assigned to him to help him get around (he's practically blind now) They said he is getting thousands of letters of support, and that strangers have put thousands of dollars on his prison account, or at least tried to make it thousands (the account has a limit of how much can be on it, so they can't put all of the money they received on it)

Apparently he's taken the opportunity to make some life changes, getting up at 3:30 a.m. to exercise, no longer eating bread and dessert.

He will not allow his wife to visit though, he talks to her 3 times a day for 3 minutes.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:10 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
^Maybe read the article. He has very little contact with other inmates. Oh, and no one said anyone was "beating up the Cos." I imagine prison would be a miserable enough place even without those things happening.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:15 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,507,028 times
He's welcome to stay longer if he likes it so much.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:43 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Are you serious? He is probably the most popukar guy in prison. 90% of those guys are probably fans and vying to be his bff in prison. No one is raping or beating up the Cos, trust me. He is probably keeping them entertained with comedy bits and all his characters like Fat Albert. He is hardly just one of the guys, IMO he's Big Man on Campus there. They have cellmates assigned to him to help him get around (he's practically blind now) They said he is getting thousands of letters of support, and that strangers have put thousands of dollars on his prison account, or at least tried to make it thousands (the account has a limit of how much can be on it, so they can't put all of the money they received on it)

Apparently he's taken the opportunity to make some life changes, getting up at 3:30 a.m. to exercise, no longer eating bread and dessert.

He will not allow his wife to visit though, he talks to her 3 times a day for 3 minutes.
Did you happen to click on the article. He is in a cell by himself. He has 7 cell check 7 times a day. He is just a lonely old man serving his last remaining years in prison.

I am sure he would prefer to be in his private house enjoying his retirement years, but that's what happens to convicted rapists.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Did you happen to click on the article. He is in a cell by himself. He has 7 cell check 7 times a day. He is just a lonely old man serving his last remaining years in prison.

I am sure he would prefer to be in his private house enjoying his retirement years, but that's what happens to convicted rapists.
I'm sure he would. But it does sound like he's making an opportunity of it as well, and seeing it as a lesson of sorts.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:19 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I'm sure he would. But it does sound like he's making an opportunity of it as well, and seeing it as a lesson of sorts.

Why are you snowed by him? Looking for a positive aspect?

There is none. He's scum who self centered enough to avoid admitting to his ugly crimes.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:02 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
I'm sure he does find it an "amazing experience", whatever that means (?). The only truly amazing thing is that it took so long for him to get there.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Why are you snowed by him? Looking for a positive aspect?

There is none. He's scum who self centered enough to avoid admitting to his ugly crimes.

I'm not snowed by him at all. I just don't think he's suffering as much as some here think. I think he's adopted an acceptance attitude to a degree that will make the experience easier for him. I'm not the one looking for a positive aspect, but I think he has. It has nothing to do with whether I think he's scum or not, everyone is free to make their own prison experience their own, and find their own lessons in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events