Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 10:51 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t think you’re right.
You somehow seem to want Bill Cosby to be this great hero in prison who everyone adores. He is a convicted sex offender who will serve his time. He is not a great guy having everyone patting him on the back for being Fat Albert. Even John Gotti got his a$$ kicked in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 11:22 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You somehow seem to want Bill Cosby to be this great hero in prison who everyone adores. He is a convicted sex offender who will serve his time. He is not a great guy having everyone patting him on the back for being Fat Albert. Even John Gotti got his a$$ kicked in prison.
John Gotti May have enemies in prison or even had people paid to beat him i don’t know. But I think Cosby is still considered an icon by many especially those in the black community. I don’t think they are going to care about women he slipped a Mickey to (child rape is something else). I think it’d be considered cool to many in jail to say they are buds with Cosby. It has nothing to do with what I think of him.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:04 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
John Gotti May have enemies in prison or even had people paid to beat him i don’t know. But I think Cosby is still considered an icon by many especially those in the black community. I don’t think they are going to care about women he slipped a Mickey to (child rape is something else). I think it’d be considered cool to many in jail to say they are buds with Cosby. It has nothing to do with what I think of him.
Yes, Cosby is still considered an Icon by many. He was an historical, groundbreaking Black man who had a dark side that caught up with him. I used to idolize him as a kid. Not anymore.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:12 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, Temple. Cosby dated my Aunt's sorority sister, for a while. A White girl. Unusual for the times. He was BMOC for sure. You are right, a full blown psychopath, with talent. He was ground breaking as the first Black TV star on "I Spy" with Bob Culp. A real history maker, great comedian, never dirty or "blue". The flip side of the coin was not so pretty.
As I said I found his style of humor boring/yawn producing. Bob Newhart or really provocative people, like Lenny Bruce, were more interesting to me.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Early in my career I worked in a prison. He would be put in segregation for a while, which happens with cops, celebrities, etc. People look down on rapists and child predators more than any other criminal. Saying everyone would want to be his buddy is ridiculous. That is the opposite of what happens with people like that. He is not doing easy time and I am sure he is miserable compared to the life he led. Honestly, I am shocked before this trial got started that he didn't decide to leave the country. Maybe his big ego thought he could win the case.

The only part you have correct is that he probably would not see any violence, and that is not because he is old, but because it would be made public and look bad on the prison.
He still thinks there's a way out since he's appealing the verdict.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:19 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
You obviously don't know him. I guarantee you he has convinced everyone in jail he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Everyone will adore him. He is extremely charismatic.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
If you ever are in Philly, there’s an old long-closed prison called Eastern State Penitentiary. They offer tours (and they make it haunted on Halloween but I bet it’s already full of ghosts). The most interesting part of the tour was a cell that housed Al Capone for a while. They recreated it exactly how it was when he was there. While every other cell was plain stone, his was decked out to the max, red velvet couch, even a piano!
ESP was the first penitentiary in the country. It's in a residential neighborhood today. I live about a 10 min. walk away.

More relevant to the thread, Graterford replaced ESP and the new prison where Cosby is replaced Graterford.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I politely disagree with your blanket statements.
Go look up crimes committed by narcissist then come back and recind your statement.

I can separate the well written and duly performed actions by this man in his work field from his "personal" antics. A person CAN and often does excel in some area only to falter incredibly in another portion of their life. Yet there you sit, convinced and clouded in your perspective that its all or nothing involving this mans legacy. He is indeed lacking remorse, he is indeed doing his time for his actions. I believe that he is a culmination of some great on stage performances and acting , along with being conniving in his egregious acts upon ladies. He is both. Now since that is cleared up ...lets accept that this man is in jail and all his previous victims get to breath a sigh of relief.
There does seem to be a lot of common traits and overlap between narcissists, sociopaths and psychopaths.

This sounds like an attempt to make excuses for him.

Legacy? He's taken a gigantic crap all over it.

He's a monster through and through.

Personal antics? They are crimes. Period.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:52 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, Cosby is still considered an Icon by many. He was an historical, groundbreaking Black man who had a dark side that caught up with him. I used to idolize him as a kid. Not anymore.
No I don't either. Some think I'm praising him, but I just think that's how it is. In jail, if you're a comedian people grew up laughing to, or a known athlete, or name other celebrities who are popular with guys, you're just not going to face the same dangers and threats other people will. Famous people are also more protected IMO, because they don't want the publicity of them getting hurt or beat up.

Cohen is in a country club prison for Jewish people only, no one's getting butt-raped and he's probably eating bagels and lox and watching a movie right now. It's just how it is. Cosby is in a worse position because he's alone a lot and in a "regular" prison, but I don't think he would have the same problems in general pop you or I would have. It doesn't mean I have any admiration for him whatsoever though.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:44 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
He must like the Richard after all this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events