Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 11:32 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times

Advertisements

Horrifying incident.

You really have to be careful in traffic, you never know who you are going to set off if you cut them off in traffic.

Also, hindsight is 20/20 of course, but the dad should never have driven all the way back to his house if he realized someone was closely following him. A crowded area would have been better, even a police or fire station if he knew where one was.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/06/us/ph...ing/index.html

Quote:
A man was arrested Friday in the fatal shooting of a 10-year-old girl in what appears to be road rage, Phoenix police said.

Summer Brown was riding with her family Wednesday evening when their car appeared to cut off a white pickup truck in traffic, said Sgt. Vince Lewis, a spokesman for the Phoenix Police Department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 12:07 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,362,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Horrifying incident.

You really have to be careful in traffic, you never know who you are going to set off if you cut them off in traffic.

Also, hindsight is 20/20 of course, but the dad should never have driven all the way back to his house if he realized someone was closely following him. A crowded area would have been better, even a police or fire station if he knew where one was.

Another defective human inflicting pain & suffering on their fellow man. I can only hope this guy gets a very, very long prison sentence.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:38 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times
Quote:
Horrifying incident.

I really don't understand road rage. Someone cuts you off or does something stupid that could've caused an accident (but didn't), so you become so enraged that you just abandon whatever you were doing and now you have all the time in the world to just follow their car home and shoot at them? I don't get it.

Old 04-08-2019, 05:03 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I really don't understand road rage. Someone cuts you off or does something stupid that could've caused an accident (but didn't), so you become so enraged that you just abandon whatever you were doing and now you have all the time in the world to just follow their car home and shoot at them? I don't get it.
I don't understand it either. To get so pissed you end up shooting an innocent kid...

Old 04-08-2019, 12:10 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,583 times
You don't actually have to do anything wrong to have people road rage on you anymore. Other day guy was freaking out on me because I was doing 45 MPH in a post 45 MPH construction zone, he ended up passing me by going into the dirt after blowing his horn and flipping me off for about 2 minutes.

Old 04-10-2019, 05:12 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,280,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
You don't actually have to do anything wrong to have people road rage on you anymore. Other day guy was freaking out on me because I was doing 45 MPH in a post 45 MPH construction zone, he ended up passing me by going into the dirt after blowing his horn and flipping me off for about 2 minutes.

True. I had a guy follow me for miles, doing the whole slowing down, speeding up, hard braking, etc. because I drove by at the time he came upon a stop sign. He had to stop because my car was coming too close to run the sign. That's it. I finally pulled over and waited til he was out of sight, since I was in no hurry.

People are strange. Shooting people (especially children), throwing dogs into oncoming traffic, wrecking cars - why? It just makes no sense.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:30 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times
That moron would have ended in with life in prison anyway.

He is a twenty year old with not enough common sense to own a gun.

Tick, tock.

Heartbreaking for those parents.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:20 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
That moron would have ended in with life in prison anyway.
He is a twenty year old with not enough common sense to own a gun.
Tick, tock.
Heartbreaking for those parents.
lemme guess - probably in the country illegally...

certainly a troublemaker ...: https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...iminal-history

Last edited by CCCyou; 04-11-2019 at 08:29 AM..

Old 04-11-2019, 10:32 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
lemme guess - probably in the country illegally...

certainly a troublemaker ...: https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...iminal-history
That doesn't even make sense. He's been in the system a long time, pretty sure it'd be known by now. How about sticking with what we know, and seeing what else comes out rather than speculating.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:06 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,305,373 times
Quote:
Horrifying incident.

True...If I cut someone off by mistake, I waved at them or turned on my flashers and that tends to make it better. The vast majority of people are forgiving, even in the midst of heavy traffic. Likewise, waving can be interpreted as the middle finger salute, so I stopped that.

Even if the father went to a public area or to a police station, this guy was so enraged and intent on doing what he did, it wouldn't have mattered, IMO.

But I have to wonder what makes someone so full of rage that a simple mistake without any intended malice could set them off like this. I hope he has plenty of time to think about what he did and suffer in the process. Nothing less than life in prison, because he had the opportunity to just let this go, drive away and cool off somewhere.

No one should have to leave their house to go to work, run errands, go out for the night or other random times we drive to be worried that monsters like this are still amongst us, that someone could die because over a perceived slight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events