Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 09:50 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Yeah, you do come off as cold for sure. When someone kills themselves they aren't looking for a feeling of "relief" they are just looking to not feel at all. Where the hell do you get these stupid ideas from?
I tried to commit suicide a few years back, when I was withdrawing from Heroin, it was beyond HORRIBLE, I cannot even describe how awful it felt.

But as I laid down and waited....something kept going thru my mind..."How sure am I, killing myself is going to give me the relief Im seeking?" Plus the fact that the afterlife is a complete unknown...it was just too much of risk to dive head first into suicide, so I got up and started moving around, thankfully I was able to still do this!

I will say one thing about attempting suicide ( and almost succeeding), the feeling of following thru and then waiting for death to come, is something I cannot describe, its so strange and unique at the same time...to know that within minutes, you will NO LONGER EXIST!!!...Its HUGE mentally (at least it was for me).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 07:40 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Yes I was just thinking of that. It was a horrible incident. That was the beginning of the end of her show. But yet today dozens of these types of programs still air worldwide.
I remember years ago there was also a murder resulting from one of those “Judge Judy” type courtroom shows.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:17 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I remember years ago there was also a murder resulting from one of those “Judge Judy” type courtroom shows.
Oh, never heard about that one. I also googled this to get more information. Schmitz was released from prison in August of 2017 and Jenny Jone’s show was actually on another 8 years after this incident. I thought it was canceled way before that , so I was surprised how long it aired.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:42 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Amen to this! Rsteven's cold comment chilled me to the core. His judgmental, non-caring attitude is one reason why some people can't handle life anymore. It's everywhere.

That dead fellow had multi-problems, I'm sure. The talk show host, who earns a living humiliating people, might have pushed him over the edge, but none of us should presume to know the real reason for his suicide.

Why do these talk shows still exist? No rich people ever agree to do talk shows like that. The guests are the poorer, less educated among us. They are the ones desperate enough for the money the talk shows pay them.

People get fired from their jobs for uttering something deemed racist by society, yet everyone is blind to the freak shows that publicly humiliate the contestants. It is bullying at its finest. I don't understand the mind and heart of people who watch these shows. As for me and my household, we do not.
I'm actually with RSteven. He chose to go on this show knowing the truth. And the truth is he was a scumbag if I understand the story correctly. While I won't go so far as to say I'm happy this happened it's hard to find sympathy, he did all of this to himself.

Old 05-18-2019, 03:51 PM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Oh, never heard about that one. I also googled this to get more information. Schmitz was released from prison in August of 2017 and Jenny Jone’s show was actually on another 8 years after this incident. I thought it was canceled way before that , so I was surprised how long it aired.
This was the case I was referring to, Michelle Parker : https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cli...r-tracy-ocasio

She and her ex fiancé went on the People’s Court to settle a dispute about the engagement ring, and she disappeared the day after they appeared. They have never found her but the ex-fiancé has always been suspected of murdering her.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:28 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
When I saw the line in that article that said this show was similar to the Jerry Springer Show, that told me all I needed to know. I don't know what low class viewer thinks these kinds of shows are entertaining, but I bet every TV in every trailer park is tuned in when they are on the air.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:42 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
As someone who struggles with depression and has tried to kill himself, I feel for what he was going through when he decided to go through with his suicide. I understand less about why he went on that show in the first place. Depressin is real, though and spoiler alert
Spoiler
suicidal folks are not selfish

in site of what the masses think.

Old 05-19-2019, 06:08 AM

381 posts, read 277,269 times
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...cide-1-4926940

Here in Edinburgh we have this bozo moaning about how badly treated he was on the show.

He's been on the show no less that 5 times!.Priceless,pathetic,pillock.........

Old 05-19-2019, 06:23 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's obvious the guy had other serious issues long before he went on this program.

But you wonder about the kinds of weird people that are more than willing to appear on these trash shows to potentially humiliate themselves.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...123837728.html
The Jeremy Kyle show was the British equivalent of Jerry Springer.

Thankfully it's now been pernantly taken off the air, and there is to be review of all reality TV Shows after two former members of the British version of Love Island also killed themselves.

The Jeremy Kyle Show axed by ITV after death of guest - BBC News

MPs launch inquiry after deaths of reality TV guests | Media | The Guardian

Old 05-19-2019, 02:04 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
He didn't killl himself over a lie detector test - he killed himself because his girlfriend dumped him.
And I wonder what she felt? Finding out on national television that she had been cheated on and her relationship was now over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Add the beloved Ellen to the list of sick hosts. She has a "game show" that humiliates contestants and puts them through demeaning, slapstick stunts, while Ellen laughs and mocks them... all with her sick tongue-in-cheek manner, of course. Ellen pays them to humiliate themselves for an equally sick audience that claps and grins at the contestant's misery.

As long as people are laughing and being entertained, anything goes. They defend it by calling it humor, and then they turn around and tell people like me that we need a sense of humor, as if we're the problem, not them.

If that's humor today, no thanks. I think it's sick stuff.
Some people *like* being humiliated in public for fun. Think of all the people pulled onto the stage at Renaissance Faires, magic shows, etc. Some love it and are laughing and clowning the whole time, while for others it's a nightmare and they would be mortified, panicked, and crying. And you can't judge one of these types by the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events