Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 03:31 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,059,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This probably happens in every factory farm. At least in this case this man show true remorse and more so than expressing remorse has instituted changes to that will prevent this from happening in the future, Including partnering with an animal rights group to allow them unfettered and unannounced access and inspections whenever they want to come and installing cameras in all areas with animals. At this point, boycotting fair life is simply giving your money to other factory farms who have not yet made these changes instead of the one who has. When this first happened I felt the same way, but in watching this man’s video I really think he is sincere and he came out and reacted and fixed major issues within a couple of days of this video. It doesn’t even matter what the reasons were, the fact is at this point in time, cows at fair life are being treated better than any other factory farm in the country.
I am sure that is true, however, it would be on my mind everytime I had a fairlife prouduct. It`s the least I can do....not buy their products. When something like this comes our about another product......I won`t buy theirs either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 05:00 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I am sure that is true, however, it would be on my mind everytime I had a fairlife prouduct. It`s the least I can do....not buy their products. When something like this comes our about another product......I won`t buy theirs either
It if you buy it from another factory farm you’re giving money to a company that may have worse conditions, while currently Fairlife cows are treated better than probably any farm around because of the changes they made.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:27 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralUSHomeowner View Post
While I admire your thoughts on the subject, how do you know that a "local farmer" has better standards in raising their produce and animals? Do you tour their farm?

Also, a common problem found at "farmers markets" are people who buy their produce elsewhere (they do not raise it themselves) and peddle it as their own.

I suppose I don't know for certain, but many of the people who sell animal products (and a few of the orchards and vegetable growers) at the market I go to have pictures of their farms, cows, chickens, etc. So for example I can see a picture of the chicken yard and the the chickens are out running around, not packed in little cages on top of each other, etc. Most of them also have a storefront associated with their business. For example, the place I buy milk and eggs has an ice cream shop on their farm and they do farm tours and such. I think it would be really hard to cover things up with your customers showing up at your business to buy ice cream or go see the cows and chickens.

The local farmers market I go to is run by the county park authority. No wholesalers/resellers are allowed. I don't know how they enforce it, but I trust they have a method. From what I read on the website there is an application process and it's highly competitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events