Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2019, 05:23 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t think so. That doesn’t explain why they stole his phone. They were a couple of hoodlums doing this as a side job and probably enjoyed intimidating people while they did it. Also, in a job like this if his wages are crap it’s because he has poor customer service and does not get good tips. At a tip job, you have some control how much you make. I would make $100 in tips on a busy Friday night driving for Domino’s and that was 35 years ago.
I don’t know how I missed this exciting thread, but I agree with you. Delivery service is to the door and these guys didn’t want to do their job. Plus they assaulted the customer. Inexcusable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 05:51 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Now you are saying the customer should not only obey the lazy driver's demand to come to the car but now you expected him to give a tip as well?

This is so bizarre that you actually think that you are right here.
Ha ha ha. That's what I was thinking.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:05 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
If you are in a area with limited or no parking, I don't think you are being treated like crap by being expected to go downstairs and pick up your food from the driver. Are you being treated like crap by the post office for having to go down to your mailbox to pick up your mail? ...
The driver had someone in the car with him. There's no good reason why one of them couldn't have taken the food to the apartment building door.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:59 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I dont think any delivery service can include a tip. A delivery fee yes but not a tip
The app has an option to add a tip at the time you place the order. I was on a business account when I used the app, so always added a generous tip up front.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:04 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Btw I lived in a second floor apt for 18 years and never once was I asked to come down. Not even by the old man who delivered 10 bags of groceries to me before my back surgery. I gave him a $15 tip cause he was struggling and I felt bad for him.
This should really be addressed by those blaming the customer. Again the name of the company is DOOR DASH Expectations are to have the delivery you paid for show up at your door, at the very least the lobby.

Now we have a poster who is suggesting we kiss the ass of a bad employee, even tip the guy if you can believe that, so he won't be mean to us. That is most certainly not how the service industry works.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:42 AM

15,417 posts, read 9,065,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
As a customer, your needs are not, nor should ever be, my concern.
This might come as a surprise to you, but your needs are of no concern to a minimum wage worker. They don't care about you. Trust me, I know. I was once one of them.

You remind me of this one obnoxious customer I had a long time ago. It was a slow Saturday afternoon and I didn't have any deliveries, so I was taking the phone orders. The customer I often delivered to called and I took his order. Then he said "I want a 10% discount, and a free 2 liter of Coke with that". I said "Do you have a coupon for that?" He suddenly got very angry, and said, NO I DO NOT. LISTEN, I AM A VERY GOOD CUSTOMER. I ORDER EVERY WEEK. THEY ALWAYS GIVE ME A DISCOUNT AND A FREE 2 LITER." I said, "sorry, if you don't have a coupon, I'm not authorized to give you a discount." But do you know what I really wanted to tell him? I wanted to tell him, Yes I know you order every week, and you have never once given me a tip. And we have a lot of really good customers who order every day, not just once a week, and they give me good tips." He mistake, was the same mistake you are making. Believing that I actually cared about him as a customer. I was hoping he would never order again. I was wasting my gas to deliver to him for nothing.

Minimum wage workers don't care about you as a customer. They are just working there until they can get a job that actually pays a living wage. Then they will be gone.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:52 AM

15,417 posts, read 9,065,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
The driver had someone in the car with him. There's no good reason why one of them couldn't have taken the food to the apartment building door.
His job was to drive the food to the address, not to take it to the apartment door.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:55 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,401 times
Quote:
This might come as a surprise to you, but your needs are of no concern to a minimum wage worker. They don't care about you. Trust me, I know. I was once one of them.

You remind me of this one obnoxious customer I had a long time ago. It was a slow Saturday afternoon and I didn't have any deliveries, so I was taking the phone orders. The customer I often delivered to called and I took his order. Then he said "I want a 10% discount, and a free 2 liter of Coke with that". I said "Do you have a coupon for that?" He suddenly got very angry, and said, NO I DO NOT. LISTEN, I AM A VERY GOOD CUSTOMER. I ORDER EVERY WEEK. THEY ALWAYS GIVE ME A DISCOUNT AND A FREE 2 LITER." I said, "sorry, if you don't have a coupon, I'm not authorized to give you a discount." But do you know what I really wanted to tell him? I wanted to tell him, Yes I know you order every week, and you have never once given me a tip. And we have a lot of really good customers who order every day, not just once a week, and they give me good tips." He mistake, was the same mistake you are making. Believing that I actually cared about him as a customer. I was hoping he would never order again. I was wasting my gas to deliver to him for nothing.

Minimum wage workers don't care about you as a customer. They are just working there until they can get a job that actually pays a living wage. Then they will be gone.
So it's the fault of the customer for your being a minimum wage worker? And are you defending criminal behavior of low wage workers just because a customer didn't comply with the demands?

Old 08-19-2019, 07:57 AM

176 posts, read 129,179 times
After seeing the articles that 27% of delivery drivers admitted to sampling you food and drink I don't want to add one more set of hands on my food. The % must be higher as those were just the ones that admitted to it. I worked in the industry when I was younger and the less you see of the kitchen and some of the people preparing your food the better.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:22 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
His job was to drive the food to the address, not to take it to the apartment door.
DOOR dash. Doesn’t mean car door, customer should never have to walk to car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events