Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 06:53 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,211,939 times

Advertisements

Reminds me of the Jack E. Leonard gag:

My doctor told me I was crazy, and I said I wanted a second opinion. He said "You're ugly."

Old 08-18-2019, 06:53 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Idiots shouldn't be doing that job.
It's pretty much all your're going to get at those pay scales.

Am not saying all TSA agents/guards have issues, am not saying that at all; but there does seem to be a surplus of two rent-a-cop groups. Those on an ego trip because they have a *badge*, and others just there for a paycheck. Both seem to come from backgrounds with dubious experience for the job, but again things are what they are.

You don't have to search long nor hard to find reports like this: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...irport-n341596

Mind you these are the things that get out to media, which makes you wonder just how much is shoved under the rug.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:22 PM

656 posts, read 1,375,724 times
It seems that whenever you can bring race into it, the story becomes that much better and more profitable.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:47 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,967,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Silly joke. Sophomoric and silly, but it probably should have been something where the guy laughed it off with the security guard, and he zings her a bit too, both people laugh and move on. Instead, he reports her because culturally speaking, you can't joke like that with a lot of white people. At least he referenced general white people fragility in his explanation for why he reported her.
Wow....what you posted is a perfect example of a "very specific opinion." I'm trying to wrap my head around how you came to all these definitive conclusions based on this story.

First, this incident had nothing to do with race and no I'm not white. Second, a sense of humor is highly subjective, open to interpretation and individualized. So maybe you would "laugh with this girl and zing at her" but that doesn't mean others would. I would be highly offended if I was handed a note like that. There is a reason that respect and civility is expected at work. Those two qualities transcend race, culture and are for the most part well defined. Therefore, if you practice those two things at work you will never get in trouble. But if you practice your personal sense of humor at work you have a chance of ending up like this stupid little girl who thought she was being "funny" with her silly note.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:02 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Reminds me of the Jack E. Leonard gag:

My doctor told me I was crazy, and I said I wanted a second opinion. He said "You're ugly."
I love funny. You're now taller and more handsome than you used to be.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:15 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
It's pretty much all your're going to get at those pay scales.

Am not saying all TSA agents/guards have issues, am not saying that at all; but there does seem to be a surplus of two rent-a-cop groups. Those on an ego trip because they have a *badge*, and others just there for a paycheck. Both seem to come from backgrounds with dubious experience for the job, but again things are what they are.

You don't have to search long nor hard to find reports like this: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...irport-n341596

Mind you these are the things that get out to media, which makes you wonder just how much is shoved under the rug.
Mall Cop is now TSA? I haven't flown in quite a while.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:49 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
What in the world was she thinking?

Old 08-19-2019, 02:45 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Yes, in retaliation for her idiocy let us insult her entire race or least her profession. That really shows who’s superior.

Anyway: She fired.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:23 AM

37 posts, read 36,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Didn't say the sort of insults were new, just source of idiot worker's comments.

Wherever you come into contact with these people they're always "rapping" or repeating words from rap music like a loop stuck in their brains.

If first note had been written grammatically correct, and second didn't lift word for word lyrics to a rap song I'd put it down to just simple ignorant behavior. But clearly this former rent-a-cop TSA agent was influenced.
"These people"? "Influenced"? WOW...

People sure are brave on the Internet. Try saying that to someone's face and see how far it gets you.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:31 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
Silly joke. Sophomoric and silly, but it probably should have been something where the guy laughed it off with the security guard, and he zings her a bit too, both people laugh and move on. Instead, he reports her because culturally speaking, you can't joke like that with a lot of white people. At least he referenced general white people fragility in his explanation for why he reported her.

Yes yes. We're just too sensitive. THAT'S the problem. Not that a woman thought it would be funny to pass out random insults. She acted like a kindergardner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events