Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 11:58 AM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Just that scene itself is hilarious, waking up to something like that. I never trusted a doggy door, I just always imagined the worst, like a Skunk in your house.
They actually have a kind now that works with your pets microchip. It stays locked until it comes close to the sensor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 12:10 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They actually have a kind now that works with your pets microchip. It stays locked until it comes close to the sensor.
OK thanks, I would have to go with something like that.

Old 12-19-2020, 12:15 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,540,802 times
Years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night to some strange noises. I went to my bedroom door, which was cracked open a bit, and turned on the light. The noise was coming from the hallway. I then reached my arm around the doorway to flip on the light in the hall.

Immediately, I let out a scream. About eight feet away were two huge adult raccoons eating from the cat food bowl in the bathroom. I shut my door and grabbed my cat, thankful he was not out there with them. They continued to eat the food for a while. Eventually I heard them leave.

To get out of the house, these raccoons would have to go past my bedroom, down the stairs, down a hallway, through the kitchen, then the mud room, and finally out the back door where we had a cat door. I was too scared to go downstairs the rest of the night. In the morning, I went down to the kitchen and the trash bin was turned over and all its contents spread across the floor.

I was shocked that they came all the way upstairs to the bathroom. That was a pretty long journey through the house.

Old 12-19-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
OK thanks, I would have to go with something like that.
I saw it on the Home Again website (that’s who my cats chips are registered with).

Old 12-19-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night to some strange noises. I went to my bedroom door, which was cracked open a bit, and turned on the light. The noise was coming from the hallway. I then reached my arm around the doorway to flip on the light in the hall.

Immediately, I let out a scream. About eight feet away were two huge adult raccoons eating from the cat food bowl in the bathroom. I shut my door and grabbed my cat, thankful he was not out there with them. They continued to eat the food for a while. Eventually I heard them leave.

To get out of the house, these raccoons would have to go past my bedroom, down the stairs, down a hallway, through the kitchen, then the mud room, and finally out the back door where we had a cat door. I was too scared to go downstairs the rest of the night. In the morning, I went down to the kitchen and the trash bin was turned over and all its contents spread across the floor.

I was shocked that they came all the way upstairs to the bathroom. That was a pretty long journey through the house.
That must’ve been terrifying! Did you then seal off the doggie door?

Old 12-19-2020, 01:58 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
5 very young raccoons came through my cat door early one morning and got at the cat food in my kitchen. I probably wouldn't have known since my bedroom was on the opposite side of the house but they also went into the family room and up on my bookshelf and one of them stepped on my Bose stereo which turned on and started blasting Led Zeppelin, which woke me up. I didn't know what to do but eventually shoo'd them out the front door and held a big comforter up in front of me to keep them from running into other parts of the house!

This woman is right, it DOES get funnier the farther away it gets.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:59 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
5 very young raccoons came through my cat door early one morning and got at the cat food in my kitchen. I probably wouldn't have known since my bedroom was on the opposite side of the house but they also went into the family room and up on my bookshelf and one of them stepped on my Bose stereo which turned on and started blasting Led Zeppelin, which woke me up. I didn't know what to do but eventually shoo'd them out the front door and held a big comforter up in front of me to keep them from running into other parts of the house!

This woman is right, it DOES get funnier the farther away it gets.
What were you thinking at that point, or did you already know it was the raccoons?

Last edited by ipaper; 12-19-2020 at 03:52 PM..

Old 12-19-2020, 03:00 PM

15,527 posts, read 10,492,988 times
My cats liked to drag in their gifts to me, so no cat or dog doors in my house.

Old 12-19-2020, 03:20 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Quote:
What were thinking at that point, or did you already know it was the raccoons?
I flew out of my room and didn't really have time to think of WHY the music was playing but saw the raccoons almost immediately. I don't know what I would have done if it was a human intruder in my house, it's not easy to think clearly when you get woken up like that!

Old 12-19-2020, 03:41 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,072,220 times
That chip thing seems very cool.
Thank you for posting that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events