Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 11:27 PM

18,720 posts, read 7,601,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Thanks to the upcoming horror flick Winnie the Pooh: Blood & Honey, you’ll finally get to see that beloved fictional character you grew up with live in a dark and gritty setting where he slices people up for a laugh. Details on what exactly this movie will entail are scarce, but according to director Rhys Frake-Waterfield, who also co-wrote and produced the film, Winnie (Craig David-Dowsett) and Piglet (Chris Cordell) will being “going on a rampage” after they were abandoned by a college age Christopher Robin. “Because they’ve had to fend for themselves, they become quite feral,” he explained to Variety. “They’re no longer tame: they’re like a vicious bear and pig who want to go around and try and find prey.”
Why don't the simply make a movie showing Winnie and Piglet going into an elementary school and shooting up 19 children and two teachers? Won't get a viewer reaction much different from what we're seeing today. Except now the movie makers will REALLY deserve the reaction they get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 04:10 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post

I always wonder why a lot of Disney movies feature children who are orphans. No mothers.
What’s up with that?
The rabbit hole goes too deep for this thread!

Old 05-27-2022, 05:19 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
I'm not surprised that someone has done this to Pooh.

I don't doubt in a few years this trash will be available on you tube for kids to watch if they really care to.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:21 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,130,473 times
Quote:
The rabbit hole goes too deep for this thread!
It's not just Disney.
A brief explanation. https://www.bl.uk/romantics-and-vict...ans-in-fiction

I'm happy to see Pooh in the public domain, I wish more children's characters were, even if it means some people twist it up for their own sick minds.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:41 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Quote:
yeesh. hopefully no little kids end up watching this by accident.

https://gizmodo.com/winnie-the-pooh-...eal-1848980849
Just some idiotic production company trying to make a name for themselves now that the Disney rights have expired.

I can't say I have heard of their other epic releases which include The Legend of Jack & Jill and The Curse of Humpty Dumpty.

Just don't watch it, and hopefully they will lose money and not make any more of this nonsense.

Old 05-27-2022, 06:44 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,281,065 times
What's his weapon of choice?
A honey pot to the head?

Old 05-27-2022, 07:35 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Just some idiotic production company trying to make a name for themselves now that the Disney rights have expired.

I can't say I have heard of their other epic releases which include The Legend of Jack & Jill and The Curse of Humpty Dumpty.

Just don't watch it, and hopefully they will lose money and not make any more of this nonsense.
lots of people seem very excited about it from reading various websites. i certainly don't plan to watch it.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:38 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

We did have Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, though.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:15 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Quote:
lots of people seem very excited about it from reading various websites. i certainly don't plan to watch it.

I won't be watching either.

The Hundred Acre Wood in Winnie the Pooh is actually Ashdown Forest in East Sussex, and they have just planted some new trees as plans to regenerate the ancient forest.

Lots of famous children's books linked to different areas of the UK from Narnia to Lord of the Rings to Watership Down to Alice in Wonderland etc etc etc.

As for Humty Dumpty, I believe he was originally a large gun at Colchester Garrison rather than an egg, but that's nursery rhymes for you, and I think Jack and Jill has Italian origins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
We did have Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, though.
In to the Woods was a good US adaptation encompassing different fairy tales, however I think I'll skip Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:46 AM

30,627 posts, read 18,203,012 times
I'm actually looking forward to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events