Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 08:40 AM

8,773 posts, read 3,936,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I think this game would have been finished if the NFL had given them a little more than five minutes to gather themselves. Their attitude upset the players even more.
The players saw what was happening on the field when they huddled around him; the NFL did what they needed to do in that moment.

Quote:
Bengals are scheduled to play the Bills again Sunday.
I’d watch this game (although I typically focus on the NFC during playoffs), but I’ll be on my way to Santa Clara at that time for the Niners. That said, I may be the only person in the country (other than Bengals fans) who will be rooting against Buffalo.:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2023, 10:50 AM

51,099 posts, read 36,794,870 times
Quote:
Bengals are scheduled to play the Bills again Sunday.

I think this game would have been finished if the NFL had given them a little more than five minutes to gather themselves. Their attitude upset the players even more.

Damar is doing a lot better than people initially thought he would.
I think they were upset anyway, it was traumatic watching them cut his shirt open, put paddles on his chest and watch his body jump and lurch, watch them frantically compressing his chest, etc. They came away from that in tears, they were in no shape to play. It looked like good chances he wouldn't make it at all.

Old 01-19-2023, 01:58 PM

3,812 posts, read 4,713,103 times
Hopefully the NFL puts in place rules for when/if this happens again. The Bengals now have to go to Buffalo & IMO that's the wrong move. I don't know what it was like for the players on the field. Obviously they might had a tough time dealing with seeing their brother almost die in front of them.

But is it really fair given the standings & potential outcome to that game that the Bengals have to go TO Buffalo? Why not force Buffalo to come to Cincy? It wasn't like it was the 4th quarter and the Bills were up by 3 scores.

The Cincy head coach had to be thinking this could really hurt them if they didn't continue the game & now you can say it probably did. But was he really going to make a big deal out of it given the circumstances? No because the media would crucify him. So the NFL needs to take that out of the head coaches hands and make it a rule on what happens.

Very simple. If the game has to stop the team that is part of the reason the game has to stop must be the one assuming a loss.

Old 01-20-2023, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Hopefully the NFL puts in place rules for when/if this happens again. The Bengals now have to go to Buffalo & IMO that's the wrong move. I don't know what it was like for the players on the field. Obviously they might had a tough time dealing with seeing their brother almost die in front of them.

But is it really fair given the standings & potential outcome to that game that the Bengals have to go TO Buffalo? Why not force Buffalo to come to Cincy? It wasn't like it was the 4th quarter and the Bills were up by 3 scores.

The Cincy head coach had to be thinking this could really hurt them if they didn't continue the game & now you can say it probably did. But was he really going to make a big deal out of it given the circumstances? No because the media would crucify him. So the NFL needs to take that out of the head coaches hands and make it a rule on what happens.

Very simple. If the game has to stop the team that is part of the reason the game has to stop must be the one assuming a loss.
It should be played at a neutral site, simple.

Old 01-24-2023, 11:00 AM

8,329 posts, read 3,545,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
The players saw what was happening on the field when they huddled around him; the NFL did what they needed to do in that moment.

I’d watch this game (although I typically focus on the NFC during playoffs), but I’ll be on my way to Santa Clara at that time for the Niners. That said, I may be the only person in the country (other than Bengals fans) who will be rooting against Buffalo.:-)
I was a Redskin fan until they didn't exist anymore. I have rooted for the Bengals in the past and have been trying to transition. Just not the same.

Bengals won and I was glad though. The announcers made it about Damar and kept showing him watching the game.

Old 01-24-2023, 12:59 PM

8,773 posts, read 3,936,120 times
Quote:
Bengals won and I was glad though. The announcers made it about Damar and kept showing him watching the game.
Yeah, I was glad to hear the Bengals won as well; I figured (too) much coverage would be about Hamlin. It’s not that I’m not rooting for the guy’s recovery as much as anyone; but it doesn’t mean the country, as a whole, should have turned into Bills fans.:-)

Old 01-24-2023, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I was a Redskin fan until they didn't exist anymore. I have rooted for the Bengals in the past and have been trying to transition. Just not the same.

The game was certain to feature Damar, and I think most fans wanted to see him.

On a side note, the fact he had a hoody on has lit a fire under the online conspiracy theorists, who are now claiming Damar died on the field and that was a body double waving to the crowd pretending to be Damar.

I'm glad the Bills lost, because I didn't want the Eagles to be in the position of Villian in the Superbowl, trying to beat Damar's team, team of destiny, as people were already saying.

Old 01-25-2023, 10:27 AM

8,084 posts, read 10,681,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

On a side note, the fact he had a hoody on has lit a fire under the online conspiracy theorists, who are now claiming Damar died on the field and that was a body double waving to the crowd pretending to be Damar.

I watched the footage of his arrival at the stadium and him in the viewing box flashing his "heart" sign, etc.

I won't hijack the thread. But if you've watched it, it's not like there's no basis for the questioning. Just saying.

Old 01-25-2023, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I watched the footage of his arrival at the stadium and him in the viewing box flashing his "heart" sign, etc.

I won't hijack the thread. But if you've watched it, it's not like there's no basis for the questioning. Just saying.
C'mon, it's absurd. For what reason would they be hiding his death, bringing in fake body double. Do you truly believe his family, all his teammates, coaches, all of them in on it??? The tin foil hat wearing in this country is getting ridiculous.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:13 AM

8,084 posts, read 10,681,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
C'mon, it's absurd. For what reason would they be hiding his death, bringing in fake body double. Do you truly believe his family, all his teammates, coaches, all of them in on it??? The tin foil hat wearing in this country is getting ridiculous.
I agree that it's absurd to think he's dead. I am more in the camp that thinks perhaps he has Bell's Palsy or something else he is still recovering from and just doesn't want to show, or discuss with the public, at this time.

Lets hope so. Time will tell........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events