Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2023, 07:07 PM

61,727 posts, read 87,147,355 times

Advertisements

An Ohio plastic surgeon’s state medical license was permanently revoked Wednesday after a medical board determined she harmed patients while livestreaming their surgeries on the social media app TikTok.

She is known as Dr. Roxy in her plastic surgery practice “Roxy Plastic Surgery” and to her many TikTok followers.

Grawe neglected her patients as she livestreamed parts of their procedures, spoke into a camera and answered viewer questions — all while the surgeries were taking place.

Some patients suffered severe complications and needed intense medical care after her procedures online.

More details here:
https://apnews.com/article/ohio-tikt...102156f2c9e219

What a way to end a great career over TikTok fame ..

Last edited by elnina; 07-12-2023 at 07:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2023, 09:06 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
An Ohio plastic surgeon’s state medical license was permanently revoked Wednesday after a medical board determined she harmed patients while livestreaming their surgeries on the social media app TikTok.

She is known as Dr. Roxy in her plastic surgery practice “Roxy Plastic Surgery” and to her many TikTok followers.

Grawe neglected her patients as she livestreamed parts of their procedures, spoke into a camera and answered viewer questions — all while the surgeries were taking place.

Some patients suffered severe complications and needed intense medical care after her procedures online.

More details here:
https://apnews.com/article/ohio-tikt...102156f2c9e219

What a way to end a great career over TikTok fame ..
I'm not so sure she had a great career.

She was reprimanded by the Ohio Medical Board as early as 2018, citing concerns over patient privacy and possible ethics violations. Five years later it seems she'd learned nothing.

Old 07-13-2023, 10:39 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,712,176 times
If more surgeries were recorded and it was a standard practice, you'd see a lot more violations.

Old 07-13-2023, 11:10 AM

61,727 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

She was reprimanded by the Ohio Medical Board as early as 2018, citing concerns over patient privacy and possible ethics violations. Five years later it seems she'd learned nothing.

I meant being a doctor, successfully finishing long and expensive education, and having opportunity to have good and respected life.

She preferred TikTok "fame"

Old 07-13-2023, 11:21 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
If more surgeries were recorded and it was a standard practice, you'd see a lot more violations.

It's not that it was recorded, but that she was looking at the camera/talking to her followers WHILE performing surgery, and several patients were harmed by her lack of attention. Live streaming by itself wouldn't be an issue as long as the patient gave permission.

Old 07-13-2023, 12:44 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not that it was recorded, but that she was looking at the camera/talking to her followers WHILE performing surgery, and several patients were harmed by her lack of attention. Live streaming by itself wouldn't be an issue as long as the patient gave permission.
This. There are lots of recorded surgical procedures available to view. I watched several THR surgeries before undergoing mine. Information about patient permission/privacy was usually in the credits. If, however, the surgeon is paying more attention to their potential audiences than they are to their patient, that's a totally different story. I seem to recall the surgeon in the recordings I watched wasn't narrating or paying any attention to the camera. The person managing the production wasn't involved in the procedure itself.

Last edited by Parnassia; 07-13-2023 at 01:23 PM..

Old 07-15-2023, 10:52 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

Yeah. Sounds like another narcissist. Thank you tok tikk for turning a generation or two into self-centered selfie goobers. I hear the youngest gen is getting away from "smart" phones, I hope so because a life centered around taking and distributing pics of oneself is a waste of a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events