Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 06:25 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times

Advertisements

Some people are just never happy and so what , cars and bicycles should be able to share the road and I dont understand why it is such a problem . I like bicycles and have ridden several and had several wrecked by inconsiderate
butt hoses that are behind the wheel . I think it would be nice if motorists and cyclist could get along on the road ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 06:37 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
The pretty parts that are between towns. But once it gets into towns along the way, it is multi-lane and controlled intersections.
Interesting. I've only ridden it up to short of smell A. A buddy of mine wants to train it to SF then bike back but it's sounding less desirable all the time. Fog, Cher, etc.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Interesting. I've only ridden it up to short of smell A. A buddy of mine wants to train it to SF then bike back but it's sounding less desirable all the time. Fog, Cher, etc.
Evidently she tweets while driving.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Evidently she tweets while driving.
I abhor tweeting. What the @#$%$ is the purpose really?

Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I abhor tweeting. What the @#$%$ is the purpose really?
To fulfill some narcissistic need in one's life. Or, I suppose, to give one's mundane life some sense of worth.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
To fulfill some narcissistic need in one's life. Or, I suppose, to give one's mundane life some sense of worth.
The only thing worse than tweeting is reading someone's tweeter

Old 10-05-2012, 09:14 AM

733 posts, read 986,991 times
I tried reading a twitter last week to find out where this food truck was (because it only tweets its location, apparently), and it confused me. There were like a hundred random sentences and hyperlinks to things and none of them said where the damn truck was, so I closed the page.

Then again, I primarily use my non-smart cell phone as an alarm clock, so, clearly, the future is just not for me, hahahaha.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:55 AM

672 posts, read 2,113,502 times
My two front teeth are titanium and porcelain - dental implants.

When I was younger, I was trying to imitate Evil Kenevil and failed. I was trying to jumped off a bike ramp. The last thing I remember is flying over my handlebars. I hit the pavement teeth first.

I wasn't wearing a helmet but this was way before helmets were widely recommended thing. I don't think it would have helped since I pretty much hit teeth first. Oh yeah, I also broke my pinky finger in the process of failing as Evil Kenevil.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:00 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,135 times
Ive crashed doing silly things or trying to stop. One time i jumped a curb and fell, 20 minutes later passed out crossing broadway a main drag. I was told i made it halfway across and fell over the handlebars passed out.

I had a mongoose i think xr250 was going down a hill standing, somehow my foot slipped and as i fell the crank went through my thigh, tearing past my shorts and boxers to leave seven gashes. Some guy stopped and ask if i was okay and drove off as soon as i looked up to answer.

Ive locked front brakes flipped head first,i tried to do a 360 spin on wet ground last year, knocking the bike from under me. The scariest moment actually was, i found a 37 schwinn henderson. I was merely sitting on it waiting ay the bus stop when the seat fell backwards on the post. I dont know why but i wasnt that skitish when i ran in to a cab.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 AM

Somehow I tweeked my mcl running. I'm gonna be on light duty for a few weeks. I'm guessing this is another side bar injury from getting doored years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling