Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 03:34 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,265,154 times

Advertisements

What do you ride and where?

I never was much on Road bikes, nothing personal but just grew up in the 70/80's BMX days. So this carried over into Mountain bikes. Anyhow, I use to live out in the desert riding MTB in dry lake/river beds and fields. Well last summer we moved to the Dallas Texas area and I started hitting up the local trails. I haven't had time to ride them all but I like riding at the Rowlett Creek Perserve (Garland/RCP) and Katey trail when the regular trails are closed.

My bikes:

2007 KHS XC 104
2013 Cannondale Trail 7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 03:13 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
I'm a roadie, but when I went on a mountain biking trip with my friends to Palo Duro (they brought a trailer load of mountain bikes), I said after a ride, "I'm gonna have to get me one of these!" Now, when I go to Sedona, AZ, I always rent an MTB. I was on my second Gary Fisher Paragon 26". I cracked that 2nd frame too, so Trek sent me a 2012 8500 frame so I need a new wheels, fork, crank, headset, disc brakset, etc., since hardly any components will transfer over. Some replacement policy, but it is a good looking frame. I'll get another compatible frame and build that up pretty quickly, and the buy parts for the new frame and the funds become available. I did manage to get the wheels that accept disc brakes so I am on the way.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:36 AM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
I hunt with my mt bike. It's a silent and deadly way to get around.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:40 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,168,071 times
MTB, I hung up the roadie back in 1980 when I moved to crested butte.

in the stable
canodale.
mongoose
myata

Old 11-03-2012, 03:46 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,265,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I'm a roadie, but when I went on a mountain biking trip with my friends to Palo Duro (they brought a trailer load of mountain bikes), I said after a ride, "I'm gonna have to get me one of these!" Now, when I go to Sedona, AZ, I always rent an MTB. I was on my second Gary Fisher Paragon 26". I cracked that 2nd frame too, so Trek sent me a 2012 8500 frame so I need a new wheels, fork, crank, headset, disc brakset, etc., since hardly any components will transfer over. Some replacement policy, but it is a good looking frame. I'll get another compatible frame and build that up pretty quickly, and the buy parts for the new frame and the funds become available. I did manage to get the wheels that accept disc brakes so I am on the way.
Sedona AZ is a very cool place! I did some hiking in near by canyons (Enchanted Resort) and had a blast!

Anyhow, there is a lot of good MTB trails here in the Dallas area. Check out DORBA's website for maps and trail info etc. Dallas Off Road Bicycle Association

Old 11-04-2012, 07:31 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Sedona AZ is a very cool place! I did some hiking in near by canyons (Enchanted Resort) and had a blast!

Anyhow, there is a lot of good MTB trails here in the Dallas area. Check out DORBA's website for maps and trail info etc. Dallas Off Road Bicycle Association
I am on DORBA a lot. The only time I have done Rowlett Creek has been at night. It makes the drops a little more intense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Cycling