Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 04:23 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

I know that everyone is hoping the little guy does not see his shadow
The weather where Punxsutawney Phil is is cloudy with a winter mix so !!!!

No school today, the woman I teach with has a contagious eye infection so she thought best that she not "share" it with us all

I have a few more lose ends to tie up so am kinda glad to have the morning

I have to run my neighbor to the airport at 1 so hopefully the expected rain will have passed

Off to the treadmill in a few

Has the weather calmed down for our Northern ladies ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 05:29 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Where's your neighbor going, Karla? Her flight may have been canceled.

Tired this a.m. I had a cup of coffee yesterday afternoon, which is rare, and I think the caffein did a number on me. I was awake a lot.

Going to be 82 here today. After I get some chores done - laundry, floors, stove top... I may have to pool it.

Catch y'all later.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:47 AM

She is going to Fort Lauderdale to see her son
She is the senior I was suppose to go cabinet shopping with but she canceled to pack which is a good thing considering all the work I ended up doing yesterday

The rain again is going north of us

woo hoo the Gh did not see his shadow so a early spring is suppose to show up

Old 02-02-2011, 06:51 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
I think it is early spring in FL, heck Pattie is going to the pool!

Morning all!

Went back to sleep at about 5, after seeing all of NW Indiana is closed, I about died when I saw GM listed not too sure they close for much.

We probably have about 2 feet of snow outside and it is still snowing, the plow guy keeps coming (this is the 3rd time I have seen him since yesterday afternoon) but I have not seen any county plows they are probably trying to keep 69 open. Cassy goes into a panic mode when we go outside, there is no where but up close to the building that she won't be in deep snow and she is not happy!

Bob got a job offer yesterday from a printing company in Angola Indiana (about 23 miles north of us). He interviewed and was told that they would train him to run the press (a different type than he has ever run) and he will still have climbing and walking but no heavy lifting of drums. He is seriously considering, this is the top printing company (worldwide) and a Fortune 500 company, their benefits will make up for any lack of pay he will get during his training, so he is considering it. We have been here over 3 months so we would not have to pay his company he is currently working for any funds spent on relocation. We shall see.

I am going to have to exercise today, I am feeling heavy and like I put on 10lbs over the holiday's and my dress pants are getting tight in the middle, so Denise here we come.

Have a good day all!

Old 02-02-2011, 06:54 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
What is classified as an early spring? Hope that means next week!!!!

Glad you had a fun visit Pattie.

Wonderful news for your hubby Sandy. I hope everything pans out for the best. I used to work with one of the top European printing companies several years ago. Very high speed...

The wind decided to pay us a visit. It is biting out there. Looks like the sunshine might come out again, which is always nice. Hope everyone is safe and warm.

Going to get some stuff done around the house, and hopefully do some stretching and up/down stairs.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 02-02-2011, 08:17 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Morning peeps!

Yay Sandy! That is awesome news!

We had sleet for over 24 hours here. It is finally snowing, just plain old regular snow. We had about a foot on the ground already when all of this started. Shadow went out exactly 2 times yesterday and I could not get her off the porch at bedtime. This morning we went out first thing (like we always do) and poor Shadow had to go so bad, she was fighting to hold the poop in until she found a spot. She stepped onto the snow and the third foot she put down broke through the ice layer. The look on her face was priceless! That seemed to be the pattern, every third foot would break through. The was trying to focus on going potty and couldn't pull it off. She finally decided that the middle of the driveway was the right spot. I couldn't bring myself to tell her she couldn't go there. Poor thing.

Once I got dressed I did bundle Shadow up in her coat & boots and we managed a short walk. We stayed on the driveway until we got to the road and we crossed to the dead end street on the other side. She pranced up the hill to say hi to the gentleman with the snow blower (being careful to stay on the parts he had already cleared), peed in the middle of the road, and then straight back home for breakfast. She is now sleeping in the middle of my bed.

I have been through an entire 25 pound bag of salt trying to keep the porch clear enough to safely get the dog out. *shakes head* It looks like it will be over in a few more hours. I am really glad the power stayed on.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:26 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Hey Evey I know the feeling, Cassy is so old she does not even want to go out in the snow but she kept trying to get to the correct spot. Last night she went on the sidewalk because it was less snow, Bob did not have the heart to tell her no either. But we always pick up after her right away so it really was not a big deal.
Still snowing and blowing here, I don't know when they expect this to be over but the likes of this I have not seen in years. Kinda nice to look outside and see all this mother nature gave to us, as long as I don't have to get out.
Finished Denise and now I have finances to do, I keep looking at the office to see if anyone is up there but no such luck. We for sure have a heating problem but with the State of Alert at one in our area the people can't get into work to help us out. I'm keeping the back of apartment closed and we are comfortable in the living area, guess that will have to do until tomorrow.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:31 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Sandy did you get all of that obnoxious wind last night? My yard is covered with small pieces of tree branches.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:39 AM

Wow you all got lots of snow !!!

Add me to the list of Yay !! great news for Bob The non lifting would be a definite plus along with it being such a big company

Went to the bank now I have to pay bills before heading to the airport

They had hams on sale the other day so I have one baking in the oven that way I can slice it down and freeze some

Old 02-02-2011, 08:41 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
Mystic says Cats Rule! Her dainty toes are nice and dry!

Looks very nasty outside here, and of course they named this storm, like they name tragedies and things nowadays. This is the Groundhog Day Storm (or something lame like that).

I'll be back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals