Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:48 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

my house that is

I have put the cleaning lady on hold for a bit. Last time there were here it was a different crew the owner wasn't with them and I felt they rushed and after wards found quite a few things they missed
I think they rely to much on the swifter and heck I can do that
So I am going to do it myself until either the owner can be here or I find someone else
I am funny about some things and you only get one shot if you mess up "next"

Hubby is golfing today so I can crank up the music while cleaning

I may also give one of those on demand workouts a try since I won't have anyone watching

What are all of you up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 06:41 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Morning!

Birds chirping and hopefully a warm day today! I have been up since 5:30, my schedule is so screwed up working nights that I don't know when to sleep and when to wake up.

I layed low yesterday, accomplished zero unless you count warming up left overs So today I am traveling to wally world, picking up around here, and doing a few loads of laundry. So much for an exciting day. If the weather cooperates I am going to take a walk later, otherwise I think Denise might have to play a role in my exercise.

Karla, I have heard that about cleaning companies, when the owner is there everything is spotless otherwise they rush and miss. Sorry it did not work right, do you know anyone who cleans? Sometimes that is the best way to hire cleaning in is to have a recommendation, the companies all have employee's and they are only as good as the person/crew cleaning your home. This complex I live at has an excellent cleaning crew, the first place in my life I moved to and did not have to clean the windows and window runners!

Gotta get, have a great day all!

PS any update on Tad Evey, Tiffany has not posted and I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:52 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Sandy, Tiffany's computer crashed. She is offering quick updates from the computer at the clinic from T.A.D.'s Facebook page. She is hoping the computer guy can get to the clinic today to take a look at her machine.

Karla, all cleaning companies are like that. They send their very best crew the first couple of times, then they start sending someone that costs them less. You need to look for just a single person who cleans houses.

Shadow & I have been for a nice walk this morning. She dragged me around the entire 85 acres at the farm yesterday. Did she care that the wind was blowing 40 mph? Nope.

We got the extra barn day because my friend is out of town and one of her dogs had to be rushed to the clinic on Tuesday. She was lethargic and laying in a pool of vomit when her mother went over to feed the dogs Tues morning. This dog is diabetic and they struggle to keep her sugar under control. They finally had it figured out, then the drug company quit making the one form of insulin that worked for her. I offered to pick the dog up when she was ready to be released. The vet diagnosed ketoacidosis and said the dog was lucky that someone thought to bring her in right away, as she could have died. So, yesterday afternoon we went & picked Molly up from the clinic. Boy, were the other dogs happy to see her! I had 6 wild dogs flying around the acreage.

Getting ready to go visit the cookie ladies, then I have some housework that I have been putting off......

Old 04-07-2011, 09:22 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Hi, guys.

Karla, I've decided the best incentive to clean house is to invite people over for dinner. Our friends are coming and I've been crazed getting everything done. All my work is done, so I'll run and shower as soon as I visit OOH and then start with the food part.

Did a good 3 miles this a.m. It was a beautiful morning for a walk. I had a conversation with a blue heron. He squawked at me, I talked to him, he'd squawk back. It went on for a minute or two till I realized someone might be watching me.... Then I saw a rather large gator just floating out in the middle of the lake, so I picked up the pace a little. I didn't feel like being breakfast.....

Glad to hear Tad's still doing ok; I was worried, too, Sandy. Evey, good thing your friend's mom found the dog when she did. Poor baby.

OK, gotta run.

Hugs.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:35 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Evey thanks for the update.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:57 AM

rofl I hate heavy cleaning but boy does the bathroom sparkle
the only thing I have left is the kitchen

I think your all right with the they send the best to start then slack off
lol I wonder if I can justify it with hubby to go out to eat tonight since I saved so much money by cleaning myself

Had a break in cleaning when the sod guys rang my bell around 830
Got a good price and they started right away
holy moly they moved fast there were like 8 or 9 of them one ran the sod cutter and the others went behind raking up the grass

I have to have 4 yards of fill delivered to level out the yard that should be either today or tomorrow then sod is coming tomorrow
They also removed the bottle brushes that were in the front in the wrong spot they have been dropped off to their new home

Sandy I am glad you are feeling better

Evey thank goodness your friends mom was there to help glad Molly is ok

lol Pattie I have my spray the pledge int he air when people are coming over trick
What are you making for diner !!!

ok off to drop off a fedex so it can be there tomorrow

Old 04-07-2011, 11:41 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Hi everyone.

Did only 30 minutes on the treadmill today.

I have a bunch of strawberries I just cleaned and put in the freezer.
I spent the day yesterday at the food pantry at the local church passing out food. I got some of the leftovers. Not sure what to do with so many potatoes. I'll probably boil them and freeze some. I wish I knew someone around here I could share with but the people here are either working at the pantry and get leftovers or they get the food anyway.

Wish it would rain.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:43 PM

I know have a big pile of dirt in my front lawn I know a couple doggies that would love to go digging in it

Hey Cheryl don't mashed taters freeze well ?
you could make these and freeze them

duchess potatoes - Google Search

Old 04-07-2011, 01:16 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
House looks great - I got everything done, including all my prep work for dinner tonight. Karla, here's what we're fixing, per yesterday's post:

Tomorrow, we're going to do a turkey breast on the rotisserie, twice baked sweet potatoes, a tomato salad and probably green beans for a veggie. Dessert will be.......cookies, of course! Oh, and I'm going to make some of that boule bread I think.

I did make the bread. I'm also putting out some pickles, olives and cranberry sauce (the jellied kind). I'm so hungry right now! The bread is all made, the 'taters are cooked and stuffed, ready to pop in the oven, green beans are ready to be turned on, the salad is in the fridge. DH stole one of the cookies, tho.

I'm also very tired.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:07 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Today I did a short one that's on the sports section of VOD that has videos. Karla, if you have the same ones I have, ther's one called a 10 min total body [I think] and the instructor is Michael Carson. You might want to give that a try. There's another one of his routines that is really a good hard one that I do on occasion.

Dinner sounds rather exquisite, there, Pattie, wow!

Have a good day everyone, I thought it was Friday but it feels like Wednesday, so it's probably a good thing it's Thursday...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals