Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 03:55 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,191,116 times

Advertisements

lol it was me
Shouting in joy when I saw the email at 5 am from the buyers realtor that the final piece of the closing puzzle finally fit in
We got back the OK from the VA disbursement

So we can close on the 23rd
The 2nd buyer who has POA for the 1st buyer(who is on deployment) will be back from his 10 day ship deployment on Saturday
lol I bet once he read the email he was ready to paddle the ship back now

Today is "Origami Day" at school
Last night I cut 60 pieces of newspaper to size to make it easier

Hiroko is also bringing a Japanese special treat she made pickled daikon radishes for the kids to try
She will also bring a child size kimono
I am bringing my camera
I will not try the radishes

Not sure if this afternoon will be a visit to the accountant or treading on the treadmill
lol I got quite the upper body work out yesterday while cleaning
I was using the hand held rotary attachment on the dyson to get the dog hair off of all the furniture

Who wants to come to school with me today to make hats and eat pickled radishes !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 06:58 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,311,258 times
Me, me, me! Pick me!! I'd love to learn origami and I'll try radishes. DH doesn't like them. I've never had them pickled, but I'd give it a shot.

Congrats on the closing news, Karla.

Did my 3 miles, did my chores, hubster has taken the car to the car hospital, so I get the a.m. to myself. It'll almost be worth the $400 bill he's going to have to pay when it's all said and done. The good news is that it's about $100 less than the bill that the Toyota dealer wanted us to pay.

Not much else is new. I think I'll visit my usual threads, then head for the shower, then read the paper on the front porch and enjoy the quiet.

Enjoy your day, all......I know I will!

Old 05-18-2011, 07:35 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,240,612 times
Morning all!

Walk with Max is out of the way, and this afternoon will be bendy sidy things with coffee cans instead of weights

Well Bob's restore of the deck is taking place. This is a new product and it seals the old wood (even the small cracks you get in older wood), it is pretty neat product and Tricia is taking pictures. What it reminds me of is the simulated decking that is coming out. I am still waiting until it is done to judge but Tricia is happy so that is the only important thing.

Found 4 more jobs to apply to today, they are with the big hospital in the downtown medical mile. I used to work there years ago and am not sure if I have any pull left in HR but I think next Monday I might walk a resume into HR (after I fill out the application online and submit my resume today). I think one person may still be there and she might just be high enough on the realm of order for it to make a difference. Not what you know but who you know goes a long way

Gotta get, did not get far with laundry yesterday and I want everything done for the rest of the week today!

Have a good one all!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:09 AM

There's nothing like friends in the right places, Sandy. Good luck.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:16 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,299,953 times
Morning peeps!

Fingers crossed Sandy!

Radishes? Yuck! Pickled radishes? No thanks!

I have been in serious insomnia mode lately. I am having a hard time getting motivated to do anything since I am not getting any sleep.

Shadow & I have been for a quick walk, hunting, and to visit the cookie ladies. I may just invite Lazy Susan over.....

Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,191,116 times
hey all
Well the kids love loved the class today
They had a blast

but OMG the pickled radishes were stinky I mean stinky with a Capitol S
But 90 % of the kids really liked them

When I walked back in to the first class after the 3rd one you could still smell them
rofl a teacher from another class walked in and said it smelled like dirty diapers
Hiroko kept saying " they are stink"
lol I put them in the trunk when I picked her up
the smell traveled to inside the car I am now airing it out

Ouch on the car RD bill but glad you were able to save some over the dealer
lol I know what yo mean about having your morning
Thats why I will say "don't you want to go play golf

Sandy how col that you have a "connection" fingers crossed

Evey sometimes a L.susan visit is necessary

Once we are done with closing I am going to invite her over for a day

ok off to call the bank for the last & finally pay off figures I have gotten 2 already that expired

Old 05-18-2011, 11:09 AM

Even better news! The guy quoted us $30 MORE than what he charged! Cool! And the brakes don't squeal any more. Woohoo!

Old 05-18-2011, 12:23 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,406,549 times
Karla, congrats on the closing!
Your origami day sounds like fun! I would have loved to join you and I definitely would have tasted the radishes

Sandy, good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for your job search!

Evey, I have the ultimate med agains insomnia - Miguel. Shall I send him over? Since I bring him to the day care each day I "only" have him one hour in the mornings and from3 p.m. on till bed time and he can make me beg for sleep He would be the perfect model for battery or energy advertisements

Today was my gymnastic day. I have a midwife who offers this class and she's really great. We can bring the babies and if they are a little tired or cry, she takes care of them while telling us what to do. My thighs were shaking after class, I had problems driving home
But boy, that does feel good.

Took another 1.5 mile walk - well it was rather wogging since I ran after Miguel on his new bike from time to time.

Now it's off to the sofa to watch a little TV before going to bed.
Have a great evening all!

Old 05-18-2011, 01:43 PM

7,399 posts, read 19,389,897 times
Hi everybody,

Came back from Bible study about an hour ago and I have a new puppy. I guess Charlie couldn't help himself and went to pick one up. we need to go get her shots though sometime.
She's a little black dog. Looks to be lab mix but her parents are pit mixes. The parents are small so this puppy will weigh about 35 pounds when she grows up. I'm thinking about the name Lexi but want to think some more about a name.

Good luck with your job search Sandy.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:51 PM

MM, love that word - wogging. Glad to hear Miguel keeps you moving. That class sounds like it's a real challenge.

Hey, Cheryl! Congrats on your new "baby".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals