Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 05:30 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies

It is school day and the radar shows lots of rain headed our way (lol of course because the car dealer washed my car again yesterday)
I need to make sure the umbrella is in the car so I don't get soaked walking between classes

After school I need to try and find a pair of black dress slacks for Sunday so I don't have to hear anything from my sister who lol has lots to say about my lack of fashion sense
But hey I have personality !!!

Tonight I am going next door for my friends sons b-day. They always invite me to help sing and have cake and sometimes there are even B-day hats to wear

I have to figure out what to take to TX the temps will be mid 70 but it looks like rain Mon & Tues

lol I told hubby if he missed me while I am gone he can log my computer on and watch me on the store video

What are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 06:01 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Morning!

Well I was right the snow never came back but what we do have has turned to ice on the back roads, they should be fine on the major roads.

Gotta work today in the petite/better department which I have NO idea where anything belongs! Guess I best take lots of walks around and look at all the pretty stuff (maybe I will find some nice things on clearance). Anyway working beats a no money day!

Almost have everything together for the tax gal, must call her tomorrow to make an appointment. They are the funniest family, the Mom looks like Maxine (the cartoon gal), but they do a heck of a job on taxes. People I have referred there say "what did you refer me to" and then they get their paperwork back and say "I'll never go anywhere else again". Wonder gals they are!

Gotta get, no formal exercise today because of work but walking will be taken into consideration. BTW my knee is acting up again, from when I fell on the stairs in the summer, it is stiff, sore and looks a little bigger than the other, kinda like there might be fluid on it. I'll have to keep an eye on it, man one thing after another

Have a good one all! Pattie how was the squash soup?

Old 01-18-2012, 06:02 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Hey, Karla! You dress just fine. Tell sis to kiss a frog!

Len and I walked 4 miles this a.m. We're both sore - him from all his work. I guess it's just a normal thing for me to hurt.

My friend Nyla's gentleman friend used to take her to the movies every week. Well, he passed away a few weeks ago at 95 (she's much younger - 83!), so I'm taking her to see Iron Lady today. I'm looking forward to it.

Don't know what I'll do afterwards. Probably nothing. Except make that pork roast I didn't make yesterday because hubby ended up working way longer than expected because the fella kept changing what he wanted him to do.

OK, going to say hi to OOH and then go shower.

Have a great day, everybody.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:04 AM

Oh, hi, Sandy! We must have been posting at the same time.

THe soup turned out really good. I gave half of it to our neighbor who wasn't feeling too good and she's all better today. I guess those extra get well things I put in worked! Instead of the pork, I made a couple of nice chef salads like you'd have at a restaurant. Very good.

Take care with that knee, ok??

Old 01-18-2012, 06:09 AM

I think soup has hidden healing powers, I always feel better after some homemade soup!

Old 01-18-2012, 12:13 PM

Just got back from the movie "Iron Lady" and I'd recommend it to anyone who's interested in seeing the humanity behind the history. Streep deserves that Golden Globe, IMO.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:30 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Today I did a ten minute upper body workout, might have to take a weight off the dumbells to do that one again, but I did get to use the new ones from Dick's that we got around Christmastime. Got a resistance band kit too that I need to check out.

Have a good evening all.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:42 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times
Where's the Thursday thread? Am I up too early??
As I mentioned I started working, so my schedule has changed.
I am still managing to take a walk at least every other day.

I am wondering if the fact that I have stairs where I work and I have to go up and down the stairs at least 3 to 4 times a day counts for some of that physical activity that I am losing out on now.

I am sometimes tempted to find ways to avoid making the trip, but I am also keeping in mind that it's good to get up and move, so I am not eliminating the trips entirely!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:44 AM

l4answers, I think Karla is just slow getting the thread going.

GOod job on the exercises, and yes, stairs are wonderful exercises!

Old 01-19-2012, 05:10 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Morning ladies

lol looking4 you beat me getting up so did Sandy

I have been staying up later so sleeping in a bit

We did get some rain but not as much as I would of liked

School was fun though I left about 30 mins early because I had to handle the "my phone broke" text I got from "someone" at 7:30
Since I have had so much practice filing the insurance claims for this it is just easier for me to do it
I think the words screen cracked and run over were in the "what the heck happened THIS time text" I got the response to lol

I was the queen of multitasking yesterday, I was in the store looking at and trying on black pants while on the phone with the supervisor from corporate
when I get a call from the cleaning lady who is back from her month of visiting her family (out of the country)
lol cleaning lady trumps supervisor
CL say do you want me to come to your house today
omg lol yes so I bought the 1 pair of pants I liked and headed home
then the multitasking went into overdrive
I was using both phone lines to straighten out at&t & the video people
Also snuck a call into my contact at corporate to let her know I was coming out and I was going to "smack the owner upside the head" when I got there for not responding to me
She laughed and said I was more than welcome to do this

Went over next door for B-day cake and got home around 9

Whew I think I need a day off today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals