Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 03:29 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Morning all

Quick update
was a busy day
Visit with PM Doc he is continuing the PT for my neck so that means good upper body workouts
lower body with bike or treadmill.

I wish it was cooler so I could do more outside exercises

What kind of day did you all have how did you work out ?

Connie some research I did said with the exercise routine yo have kept up over the years will really help with your recovery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 03:48 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
I hope so, Karla, but it seems like you can bust your butt for years and see a little results, then stop for a week and it's all for naught.

Today I took a brisk walk up to the cancer treatment center (from the parking lot) and through the building and then back out a while later. My resting heart rate is 62. Didn't check it after my walk--will remember next time, though.

Today my weight was 106.2, up .2 pounds from last time, and .4 pounds since time before last. I have to step it up to reach my goal, though.

What I need to do is find something that will bulk me up, a workout routine, so that the weight I gain will be muscle, not fat, because muscle weighs more than fat and anyway, that doesn't make any sense, but tough.

Enjoy your day, EVERYone.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:04 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Can't help you with that one Connie, never was one for muscle but I am guessing if one of us can find exercise to help the muscle, it will be you

Whew, I did a few sit ups today, and a few jumping jacks, few stretches, and rode a bike for 1 mile with hubby! It is hot and I am inside now in the air.

Watched Kim's little ones for a bit this morning and that was a work out also But poor little Estella does not want anyone watching her but Kim It was a bit touchy for about an hour.

We have an address now, our office lady called Bob and said "welcome home". Lol, I'll PM you gals our address and let you know what is happening, but we will be here until the 9th>

Gotta get, my b-day dinner tonight (no not my birthday today, but Kim and Jesse will be camping on my day). See ya!

Old 06-25-2013, 05:43 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Connie to add muscle mass you need protein plus adjust your workout to higher weight or resistance and low reps.
High reps light weight tones

I know I don't get enough protein in my diet so I have added a whey based protein powder in smoothies to my diet each scoop has 25 grms of protein

Estella sounds like my G-nephew he wants Nana not anyone else who happens to be there but does warm up after a while
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals