Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2007, 06:20 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,141,356 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Took off the bandages this morning eeekk lol
I think theres a total of 12 stitches looks like 3 or 4 in each spot and the eyelid has a lovely deep purple hue as well as being swollen
lol now I need to think of a really good story to go with the stitches. especially when you get the "OMG what happened" look or question.

I am not allowed to bend down for another 24 hours though I don't know why probably the same as the no drinking after midnight reasoning.

Oh yeah no exercising till the stitches come out.

So you all will have to exercise for me

ok I am going to go post todays question then go lay down

I will check in later
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 07:21 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,367,704 times
Oh you poor thing Karla. On the funny side, you could tell everybody that you had an innovative plastic surgery. When the swelling goes down and the stitches come out ask them if they see a big difference!

I hope you feel better soon though.

Well, I actually went for a nice walk yesterday afterall. Not sure about today. It is ugly out there. Freezing drizzle ... just plain yukky! We have a winter storm heading this way this weekend. I am so glad all the shopping is done. I think I'll curl up infront of the Christmas pressie the hubster and I bought for ourselves. Yup, I caved and got one of those big flat screen TVs.

Hope everyone has an OUTSTANDING Friday!

Old 12-21-2007, 07:40 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,831,473 times
Good Morning!
LOL! I was thinking the same thing regarding the plastic surgery angle.
Get lots of rest and drink a bunch of water(and Diet Pepsi of course).

The sun is out and it is supposed to be 30 today(yippee, I might dig out my shorts!)
I am off to the gym for the usual 30 mins on the bike and some upper body/abs. After 2 days off and the rest of those **** M&M's I need it. We might go to the mall to get some shopping done tonight instead of tomorrow, so that will be some additional walking. Unfortunately it also will mean some additional calories as we also grab some overpriced, greasy food in the process.
OOOHH, I want a big flat screen tv as well, but sadly, we are waiting until after the move for any purchases that involve extra packing.
Have a Fantastic Friday!

Old 12-21-2007, 08:01 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,253,883 times
Dang Karla, the bag 'o peas didn't work last night, huh? The bending over thing has something to do with blood flow to the area, kind of like they tell you to elevate your foot when you twist your ankle.

So Shadow & I took an extra long walk on your behalf this morning. I will be heading to the grocery store here in a few minutes to get a few things to make a pumpkin trifle. Not sure why I didn't do this before, but I know I don't want to be in any store this close to any holiday. *sighs* Not like I haven't made this thing a few hundred times & don't know what I need. Hey, anybody have 4 boxes of butterscotch pudding?????

Old 12-21-2007, 08:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,278,133 times
Karla, glad to see you're up and about. I'd love to see a photo of your green eye and red sweater!

Sorry, tho, as much as I like you, I'm not exercising for you. If I won't do it for myself...

Supposed to take the neighbor lady grocery shopping today, but I can't find her! If you see a 70-something lady with pretty white hair and a little long haired dachsund, send her home, ok??

Evey, I have 1 box of butterscotch pudding. You only need 3 more.

Happy Friday, all.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:59 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,260,955 times
Karla you are such a trooper still coming on CD and doing your usual posts! I'd give you double rep points if I could!

I've been doing good the past couple of days as far as working out goes. Been jogging on the treadmill - could do better on weights but hey, it's better than nothing! Happy Friday!

Old 12-21-2007, 10:20 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,141,356 times
oops I forgot the peas last night something distracted me right before I went to get them .
well when hubby tried to get the tires off mil's car to do the brakes he found that sears put them back on with the air gun thingy they crossscrewed the bolts and one broke when he tried to get it off lol so I "had" to call them and tell them we want to be reimbursed to replace the studs. So i am finally going to lay down with the "bag 'o peas"
The color seems to be developing nicely the surgery center called to see how I was and if I was pleased with the care. rofl I must still be a bit goofy from the pain pills because I said "everyone was great I will recommend you to all my friends" lol the girl was speechless. even I would not know what to say to that one

ok going to spend some quality time with the peas

Old 12-21-2007, 10:29 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,253,883 times
I had the same thing happen when sears did my tires. I made them replace the studs. Nice to know they are consistent.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:07 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,626,748 times
Oh Karla, I hope you feel better soon! It sounds so painful, ouch! I did my usual Kathy Smith work-out this morning and then proceeded to my daughter's holiday party at school. Jeannie

Old 12-21-2007, 01:10 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,544,745 times
Evey I have a box of butterscotch too, now you ony need two more! Anybody???
Well, shoot, today was a Christmas party/lunch at a restaurant down the road here, and since maybe you good people know I usually eat BREAKfast around 2ish, oh, well...
I got a bowl of cheesey-potato soup, and a couple of French vanilla cappuccinos-yummm! But no exercising, unfortunately. Karla, I hope your eye feels better. I'd have told them to do a lift while they were 'in there'!

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 12-21-2007 at 01:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals