Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 03:28 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
They are saying anywhere from a 30 % to a 60 % chance of rain today
I don't think we have had rain for weeks so I am really hoping for the 60%

I am back on Chaos duty so going to head over there around 7

Today to do is going to be a heavy phone day
It is 30 days till the Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser for the 4-H so I need to get cracking on getting the items for the auction
So I am going to tuck myself into my office

If it doesn't rain I will go out and do some weeding as my todays exercise

Might be a nap in my future, didn't go to bed till almost midnight and was up at 4

So how are things in your neck of the woods ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Wow...where is everybody?

Good news. The doctor released me today. Tomorrow is officially my last PT session. And I didn't have to slap him 'cross the face nor nothin'! It was actually his idea! w00t w00t!

So we came home and worked in the yard. Man, am I sore. Will be heading to the hot tub in a bit, help it out. Man, was our yard a mess! Of course, the raking is "my" chore, and it hasn't been done in a while, so there were a ton of pine needles and cones out there that needed a new home. I obliged. DH trimmed trees and bushes and put them all out on the curb for pick up tomorrow. Yay!

That's my exercise for today. Enjoy.

PS - Karla, I'm hoping for some rain, too.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:18 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,520 times
I want to murder my husband! He snored most of the night like Thomas the Tank Engine needing an oil change I was so tired, but I dragged my saggy butt to the gym, and now I feel a lot better. I'm going to give him hell when he wakes up.

Anyhoo, did my cardio and weights and will be heading out the door in a few for a walk with the pooch.

I was reading a fitness mag this morning and learned that the 39 year old cover model (who has a body like a well shaped rock), is the mother of six (ages six to 21). It has made me more determined to get in better shape.

Good luck with the fundraising Karla.

GREAT NEWS PATTIE!

Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
The other day I discovered our cablevison's free video on demand has tons of exercies shows/workout videos and today I turned it on to see what they had, and did 2 pilates workouts-one was about 10 minutes, the other 20, pretty cool, and not too intense (well, I may fell differently tomorrow!) Evidently it looked pretty interesting to my cat-she got down from her perch, laid down on the floor next to me-right next to me, stretching out, man it was funny, then she took a break, then came back again. Goofy cat!

Oh tet, to me snoring would sound like angels singing. Mine is back to grinding his teeth again, and if it's stress from our son being 'over there', he isn't gonna have any teeth LEFT.

Pattie-how are you supposed to be in charge of raking? Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:46 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Hey peeps!

Whooo-hoooo! I have phone & internet service again! Wow, I had no idea I was that addicted to the internet. I swear I will never play another game of solitaire again.

How is everyone doing? I missed you guys and wondered how everyone has been doing.

Shadow & I have been o.k. We have been exploring the neighborhood in the cold. We got up to some fresh powder this morning and got to chase bunnies in the early morning light.

O.K., I have almost 100 e-mails to sort through so I will go for now & check back in later.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Yay, Evey! Welcome back. Wondered where ya went.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:09 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Yay, Evey! Welcome back. Wondered where ya went.
I got back here from my trip to FL and the last phone jack in the house had failed while I was gone. The phone company wanted $125 each to re-wire them. I tried to find the dead short but everything appears to be correct. So, I went down to Brighthouse and asked them to come install a cable modem. Now I don't need a phone jack.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:09 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
I got back here from my trip to FL and the last phone jack in the house had failed while I was gone. The phone company wanted $125 each to re-wire them. I tried to find the dead short but everything appears to be correct. So, I went down to Brighthouse and asked them to come install a cable modem. Now I don't need a phone jack.
And telling AT&T to stuff it? Priceless!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:02 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
Evening all
Spaghetti dinner sounds priceless to me. This watching carbs and sugar is for the birds! I'm still hanging in there, blood work in April and I want the dr to see I can bring down cholesterol without drugs. Did not exercise today, too late when I came home from work and between walking from the parking ramp to work and walking Cassy at night I figure that is enough for today.
Welcome back Evey! When we moved here to AL I went 3 weeks without internet, drove me nuts I did not realize how much I depended on it!
Patty, my hubby vacuums better than I do! Yep, he moves furniture I just kinda vacuum around it (except once every 4 months or so). I have also given up the steam cleaning the carpeting, he does a much better job of it......
I just got off the phone with my daughter, she thinks that she is going to have to put her Boston down tomorrow. She was crying and I am trying to be strong for her, but I keep seeing that old grey speckled face.....Heidi (Boston) is 15 years old and has had a wonderful life. Feel bad for daughter though, wish I could fly up there and take care of her.
All have a wonderful night, I guess I will go and make my salad for lunch

Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
Just checking in to see how everyone is today.
I just got back home, been gone all day.
Welcome back Evey.
Tet, my hub snores all night everynight. It drives me insane. I got some earplugs today and am going to try them tonight.
Cassy, I hope your daughter is going to get through this alright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals