Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 06:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,193,934 times

Advertisements

Yay today is the day Brandi comes home to live with her new "mom " song !!
We welcome her to our exercise family !!!

Good morning everyone

Happy Wednesday !!
though for some strange reason it feels like Thursday lol I think I have been confused all week I thought Monday was Wednesday

Not real sure yet what I am going to do today
I do have to run out in a few minutes to pick up creamer for hubbys coffee as well as a couple other things from the grocery store

I really should get the lawn mowed today it has gotten so long little ralph is climbing through the grass when he goes out

I may run to Home Depot with Chaos's dad (from now on know as C/D) to get some paint samples of his top 3 choices

But boy does breakfast out sound yummy !!!

What fun things are you going to do today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 07:46 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,302,377 times
Morning peeps!

Cheryl we can't wait to see pics of Brandi. Hope she is settling in o.k.

Shadow, Mickey & I have made our cookie run this morning. Less than a minute after we got back it started to pour.

Not sure what fun projects are in store for today, but the first one is going to be breakfast. I am thinking French Toast with lots of powdered sugar. mmmmmmm......

Old 07-15-2009, 08:04 AM

yum french toast sounds a whole lot yummier than the yogurt I am eating

Old 07-15-2009, 08:26 AM

7,399 posts, read 19,391,654 times
Brandi says thank you for the welcome.

We got her back here last night and the meeting with Jasper and Whiskey went well although what we had planned to do was come home a different road not too far away from home and I was going to be dropped off with Brandi and walk her a little while Charlie went home and got the other dogs so they could meet in a neutral territory. Guess who was on this particular road sitting and waiting like they knew something was going to go on? That is so strange they were waiting like that. They met and got along fine.
Brandi cannot play or run for 10 days because she's got staples in her but she seems to be fine. Still a big adjustment now. She's drank a lot of water but I haven't been able to get her to eat yet.
We went for a mile walk because I didn't know how much she could handle but she did great and now she's sleeping.
Anyway, my life and exercise today is all about keeping an eye on Brandi as my s/o is out of town doing some training for his job today.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:33 AM

Cheryl
We had the same problem when we brought ralph home he wouldn't eat at first i thought it was because we fed a different food that he was use to I ended up mixing his food and slowly switched him over

She may be doing that or may just be a bit nervous
does she have her own spot to eat ?

Also remember to go out of the house even though it is just standing out front or sitting in the car so she realizes that if you leave you will be back

can't wait to see pictures of everyone !!!

Old 07-15-2009, 11:31 AM

She did finally eat. I feed all 3 in the kitchen. They gave me some dogfood to mix in with whatever I have here at home to have her adjust to food.

She did finally poop and pee when I took her on a walk this morning and she's still 'investigating' everything and sleeping.

I was reading some of the paperwork the shelter gave me and one of the things it said about introducing cats and dogs is that it would be best if it was a kitten and not an adult cat but I'm sure you knew that already.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:39 PM

I didn't know that about the kitten thing

thanks !!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:27 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,574,032 times
It must be so cool to have a new addition to your family, I'm glad your dogs accepted her okay.

Today I did the 30 minute cardio and did some peanut tossing up onto the roof. I heard-then saw him clambering up our trellis and climbing up there. Must feel safer from the other squirrels. I did that yesterday too, but I'm getting better, none went into the gutter this time It was pretty funny seeing him trying to get one out of there!

We better be careful or our exercise thread is going to get moved into the Pet forum!

Old 07-15-2009, 03:20 PM

Oh yeah, we do talk about our pets quite a bit. LOL

Our pets sometimes exercise with us though so that counts, right?

Karla, I didn't know that either until I read some of the paperwork. It's apparently easier and best to introduce a puppy and kitten because they don't seem to be a threat to the dogs or cats already in the house. Everyone accepts a baby.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:23 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,241,417 times
Welcome home Brandi, and here is well wishes from the us for a peaceful transfer! Oh puppy and what a lovey she must be! Sigh, if only Cassy would accept a puppy
Well dinner and stair stepping is done for. I decided that the reason I put off the gym all the time is because I switch during workout for another machine. I am now going to stick with just one machine during my daily workout and then in a couple of weeks switch to something else.
Karla, personal assistant pretty good title!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals