Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 04:16 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times

Advertisements

My husband is the health fanatic. He would eat veggies for breakfast if I would only cook them.

today's fare:

2 glazed donuts, one large hot tea, one banana, one BLT add cucumber & provolone on toasted & buttered marble rye, one med pepsi, 6 bottles of water. Dinner is about to happen, and I think I smell Hamburger Helper.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 07:41 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,451,575 times
Good evening everyone. What a day! I had a plum, a donut (I caved), and some cheez-it crackers (if that's how you spell it). I was on the go all day, and didn't stop for lunch or dinner. When my son went down for a nap I had to choose between sleep or food, and I chose sleep! We're having a dinner party for 19 people tomorrow, and my husband has had the busiest week of his life as well. Agh! I'm going to tell you now that tomorrow I'm having an all out forget the diet day, as I'm not going to eat food my guests aren't.

vp - I must know why you chose September 8th as the magic day? Hopefully I'll have that menu down, so I can send you some recipes. I have a few REALLY tasty dinner ones lined up that are so healthy.

AK - We haven't heard from you... how are you?

Karla - Mall food?! I guess greasy Panda Express does taste better at the mall.

Roma - My husband worked out five days a week and ate extremely healthy when we met, but when we got married he threw all caution to the wind. It made it really hard for me, too! He's just recently made an effort to eat healthy and work out, and now I finally feel like we're a team on this. I started getting the healthy cooking magazines to make dinner taste good, and this started his health food kick.

arguy - I hope that we stick with exercising long enough to demonstrate to our kids that it's just a part of life! My little boy trys to do my aerobics moves with me, and it's so cute!

In answer to today's question: NONE of my friends are overweight, which makes it all the more noticeable when I gain weight. My dad's side of the family is, for the most part, healthy. My mom's side goes back and forth. There were times in their life they were all really thin and now one of my aunts is obese. My mom is overweight, and I think she actually has the same health problems I do. My sister is thin and loves to be healthy. For her it's a lifestyle, and she's definately an inspiration to me.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:50 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
Dang, did I miss part of the question?

I guess I would have to say that half of my friends are slimmer than I am and half are, well, not. There, I did not say anything hurtful.

Of course my slimmer friends are MUCH slimmer and my "not" friends are much "not".

My weight goes up & down. Quit drinking a 12 pack of Pepsi every day-lose 60 pounds. Change medications-gain 40.

I try to just be comfortable being me. Some days it is easier than others.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:23 PM

292 posts, read 993,605 times
750ml of water
12oz of milk
two granola bars
12oz of water
12oz of water
a box of raisins
a veggie sandwich
a bowl of veggie soup
a box of raisins
a pint of orange juice
12oz of water
two handfuls of pretzels
two oranges
two kosher hot dogs
marinated vegetable medley
about 4oz of yogurt
700ml of water
700ml of water
three dips of ice cream and I'm going to bed

I won't be posting tomorrow see you all Sunday.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:27 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
zorst
you eat enough veggies for both evey and I
so see evey we can say zorst ate veggies for us so we don't have to

lets see
dinner was a cheese sandwich on focaccia bread some chips and 12 M&Ms
some more water

karla

Old 08-25-2007, 02:51 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Jco... I'm going on a cruise Sept. 1st. No point trying to diet before or during so I set my date for after my return. Figured the extra pounds from the cruise should motivate me enough. :-)))

Old 08-26-2007, 02:49 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Jco... I'm going on a cruise Sept. 1st. No point trying to diet before or during so I set my date for after my return. Figured the extra pounds from the cruise should motivate me enough. :-)))
oo vpcats where are you going ?

Old 08-26-2007, 08:36 PM

292 posts, read 993,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
zorst
you eat enough veggies for both evey and I
so see evey we can say zorst ate veggies for us so we don't have to

lets see
dinner was a cheese sandwich on focaccia bread some chips and 12 M&Ms
some more water

karla
I like it.

Let's see... Karla with a K ate M&M's so I don't have to. Thanks Karla!

Old 08-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
oo vpcats where are you going ?
Wish it was to Alaska!
A little one... Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman, just to get away for a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals