Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:21 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times

Advertisements

Good morning! What we've all been waiting for. I think this is something embedded in me since I was a kid in school......today it doesn't matter what I did all week or what I'll be doing on the weekend, the weekend is here. So what is on your schedule for today? A nice weekend in the high 70's for us, I believe. I may try a body sculpt class at the gym today, not sure. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy friday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 05:41 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
w00t w00t - it's Friday, yippie!!!

Only one more hour and I'll be leaving the office. GREAT!

Today I go grocery shopping with my parents and Miguel while DH has to do some chores at home. He rarely goes shopping with us that's why he was really shocked about the price when he bought a bread last week

Tonight our hair dresser will come to a friend and she'll be cutting and coloring all night b/c we're at least 6 women who want to be beautyfied

piece of apple tarte for breakfast
big salad and half a white wheat bun for lunch
1 home made waffle

Jeannie, how's work at your house doing? Did you already find a job? Are the kids back at school?

Old 09-19-2008, 06:42 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Good morning Jeannie.Diana,NCN,Izzy,Steve, Autumn (missing in action!).

Diana what fun that will be!

Went out last night and just had a lottle of hubby's appetizer as I was still full from lunch.

No weekend plans sofar.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
w00t w00t - it's Friday, yippie!!!

Only one more hour and I'll be leaving the office. GREAT!

Today I go grocery shopping with my parents and Miguel while DH has to do some chores at home. He rarely goes shopping with us that's why he was really shocked about the price when he bought a bread last week

Tonight our hair dresser will come to a friend and she'll be cutting and coloring all night b/c we're at least 6 women who want to be beautyfied

piece of apple tarte for breakfast
big salad and half a white wheat bun for lunch
1 home made waffle

Jeannie, how's work at your house doing? Did you already find a job? Are the kids back at school?
Hi Diana. Well, the kids finished their second week of school and seem to be adjusting nicely. I'm not working yet, still not sure what I want to do but I think I may get into per diem or local travel nursing. I also applied at a couple of local hospitals and are waiting for them. I have to find something soon though. If not, I'll be going up North to work where I use to for a weekend here and there.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:52 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,947,779 times
Good morning, Jeannie, Diana, Judi, NCN, and Izzy.

I guess Autumn and BB dropped off. There were a couple other one-timers, too.

Well... it's Friday. You know what that means!!! Time to look at the injury reports and set up my fantasy football teams!!!

Got a new truck a week ago. Getting used to it now. I like it better than the car I had.

Other than that.. it's doing all my "honey-do's" before Sunday... where I attempt to continue to put that crease in the couch cushion ALL day.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Other than that.. it's doing all my "honey-do's" before Sunday... where I attempt to continue to put that crease in the couch cushion ALL day.
how bout a nice chick flick? That will earn you points.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:19 AM

443 posts, read 564,572 times
Yea Friday! Love this day, no matter what the weather, or your plans, this is a day of promise and celebration. {Does anyone out there see the days of the week in colours? I always see Friday as an orange colour.}

Old 09-19-2008, 07:54 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Hi Diana. Well, the kids finished their second week of school and seem to be adjusting nicely. I'm not working yet, still not sure what I want to do but I think I may get into per diem or local travel nursing. I also applied at a couple of local hospitals and are waiting for them. I have to find something soon though. If not, I'll be going up North to work where I use to for a weekend here and there.
Jeannie, is that the nurse that goes into homes to help senior citizens, new babies, etc. You would love that. We used to run into a few of these when I would sub on the library van. Some of these people had us all lined up in the driveway. Social services, library van, nurse, exercise assistant and who knows what else. We got to know each other. It won't even be like work. It is like doing church visitation. We did story times in day cares and visited home bound people. I told the girl who asked me to sub that it was like teaching Sunday school and doing church visitation. I had done both, so it was a piece of cake for me. In other words if you could afford to do it for nothing, it is a job that you might do for nothing, but get paid for it. It would be very rewarding. Jeannie, you would make a great traveling nurse.

Lacey, I want to work for you. My boss was like you when I first went to work at the library. I worked my head off for her because she appreciated hard work. Unfortunately she died after I had worked for her for about 12 years. After that it was not pretty and if I could have done it over again, I would have quit the day she died. Life is too short to work for mean people and I worked for a few devils.

Coffee and milk
2 eggo waffles
the smallest banana I ever remember seeing

Old 09-19-2008, 08:13 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Oh NCN how true. When you spend 8plus hours a day somewhere why not make it pleasant. I had never seen such a group of bedraggled women and after a week what a difference. We had many good times.

I like your approach to executive decisions in retirement!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:29 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,890,414 times
Morning Guys -

Sorry I've been MIA - But this has been a crazy week on my job, I work in the Financial Sector (need I say more)

Anyway yes - Thank GOD its Friday:

Breakfast:
Lowfat Blueberry muffin with butter and an Iced Coffee from DD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals