Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 08:35 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,884,195 times

Advertisements

Oh BB-roller coaster week. Hope your job is safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 09:29 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,634,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
Yea Friday! Love this day, no matter what the weather, or your plans, this is a day of promise and celebration. {Does anyone out there see the days of the week in colours? I always see Friday as an orange colour.}
well hello there cablejockey. Not sure about the colour thing but I like your ideas.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Morning Guys -

Sorry I've been MIA - But this has been a crazy week on my job, I work in the Financial Sector (need I say more)

Anyway yes - Thank GOD its Friday:

Breakfast:
Lowfat Blueberry muffin with butter and an Iced Coffee from DD
Blackbeauty, nice to see you again.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:31 AM

72,462 posts, read 18,225,061 times
Whoot woot! it's Friday!

Hey BB,I Have been worried about the Market and Stocks and crazy business too!

You know NCN, there are so many activities for the Seniors,it's great!whatever the things are done to the seniors here in L.A. is tremendous. I have been thinking of working at a senior facility as something like welcoming the seniors,talking to them on the phone. More kinder things like that

coffee,
avocado with tomatos on a toast

Old 09-19-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, is that the nurse that goes into homes to help senior citizens, new babies, etc. You would love that. We used to run into a few of these when I would sub on the library van. Some of these people had us all lined up in the driveway. Social services, library van, nurse, exercise assistant and who knows what else. We got to know each other. It won't even be like work. It is like doing church visitation. We did story times in day cares and visited home bound people. I told the girl who asked me to sub that it was like teaching Sunday school and doing church visitation. I had done both, so it was a piece of cake for me. In other words if you could afford to do it for nothing, it is a job that you might do for nothing, but get paid for it. It would be very rewarding. Jeannie, you would make a great traveling nurse.

Lacey, I want to work for you. My boss was like you when I first went to work at the library. I worked my head off for her because she appreciated hard work. Unfortunately she died after I had worked for her for about 12 years. After that it was not pretty and if I could have done it over again, I would have quit the day she died. Life is too short to work for mean people and I worked for a few devils.

Coffee and milk
2 eggo waffles
the smallest banana I ever remember seeing
NCN, I never get tired of listening to your wonderful stories. Yes, the ultimate job for me would be home visits for those with premature infants. Hopefully I'll be able to find something like it.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:54 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,916,422 times
Well as anyone know "Financial" are an "Every man/woman for themself" type industry.

And 3 people from 16 member team have been give papers this week, with more to come.

This is why I save as much as possbile when I can

Lunch:

Chicken Parm Flatbread

w/Iced Tea and Salt'Pepper Kettle Chips from COSI

Old 09-19-2008, 12:02 PM

Best of luck BB.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:26 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,685,437 times
Has anyone noticed that we have an international food thread. Whoo! Hooo!
Just remember that I was good at breakfast.
Lunch: Fried Flounder, french fries, 4 hushpuppies, coffee and creme at Showmars.
2 mallow cups--We stopped to get gas and there was none, so we bought a large mallow cup bar. We have to go looking for gas, because we have a family reunion in Wilkes County this weekend. We can get there and back on one tank. We have two cars partially full.

Last edited by NCN; 09-19-2008 at 01:33 PM..

Old 09-19-2008, 01:32 PM

Sssh NCN secret's safe! Have a fun weekend.

Dinner-pot of chili cooking, cornbread for Mr. L.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Sssh NCN secret's safe! Have a fun weekend.

Dinner-pot of chili cooking, cornbread for Mr. L.
Lacey, dinner sounds yummy!

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

plain yogurt with flaxseed, Acaiberry powder and Grapenuts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals