Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:14 AM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,451,949 times

Advertisements

Okay, we're missing a few people lately. If you're watching us, and avoiding telling us what you're eating, check in and say hi today!

In addition to logging what you ate, let us know if you've tried any fad diets over the years...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 07:31 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times
Good morning!

I ate so far this morning:
Oatmeal with Raisins
Green Tea
Cafe Vienna
Water and Supplements

I've tried so many diets. Remember the Beverly Hills Diet back in the early 80's!!!!
The only diet that has ever worked for me is eating healthy, counting calories and exercise.

Oh, I almost forgot about my weight.
I did not lose or gain anything from yesterday, so I still have 11 pounds to lose.

Last edited by Roma; 08-30-2007 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: add weight.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:32 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
Besides the modified Weight Watchers plan which I'm doing now, trying to somewhat monitor my intake with points, I've tried the Carbohydrates Addict Diet, which worked well, until I went back to regular eating, and gained it all back. Jeannie

Old 08-30-2007, 11:22 AM

Raspberry ginger flakes
walnuts
strawberries
water

I'm goin to lunch with ma, so I'll try to be good!

I've tried several diets, but I don't last more than a couple weeks on all of them. I always do better with trying to make lifestyle changes. I've done CAD, too, Jeannie, and South Beach, counting calories, counting carbs, counting, counting, counting... ah!

Old 08-30-2007, 12:09 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
Checking in. so sorry. been feeling rather crappy the past day or so. so I been bein a bump on a log

I had long hollow shapped noodles in this indian spicey sauce for lunch today.. (don't ask me what it was, I was digging through the leftovers from the conference room lunch) LOL and my iced tea

fad diets? I'd have to say with everything I tried, no exercise + slim fast took the weight off me really noticably fast, it's hard to stick to 2 shakes a day, + dinner...cause the shakes are so . . chalky. bleh.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:57 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Evening,

Breakfast was the usual oatmeal and coffee

Snack (so sorry) was a glazed donut, we were treated today and work and in case ya have not noticed, sugar is my weakness

Lunch was a salad with a balsmatic dressing

Snack was a kashi bar

Have not had dinner yet, but am thinking vegetarian tonight with wild rice (organic) and mushrooms.

NO evening snack is allowed after morning snack.

I have tried every diet in the book, and made my own up while I was at it. South Beach, Adkins, starving myself, salad only diet. I even had one that for breakfast and lunch I would only have 1 dill pickle (hardly any calories). Right now my co-worker and I are starting a diet diary at work, so we have to answer to each other. lol she saw me with my donut today and slapped my hand

Old 08-30-2007, 04:07 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
I don't think I have ever tried a fad anything, let alone a diet. Closest I have come is the "I'm fat and I'm not going to eat until I am skinny" diet. I do not recommend this approach, it completely destroys your metabolism.

My parents have tried every single diet out there. The one thing they have not tried is eating right and getting some exercise.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:51 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Hi everybody....
Haven't posted at all today. This is my first and only. I have to get caught at work by tomorrow, and at home, and pack. I also haven't been in the mood. Maybe Artic Kitten can share the log.

Today I had a bagel with butter. 2 cups of coffee. A croissant, 2 hard boiled eggs and a bag of chips for lunch. Got home and had a personal size frozen pizza (I heated it up first though).

That's it. No sweets today. You know I'm not functioning right!

Old 08-30-2007, 07:08 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
Hi everyone,

Well, fairly good day, my regular oatmeal with fresh blueberries for breakfast, lean pocket for lunch, low-fat vanilla yogurt with granola bar for snack, and then my husband had the nerve to surprise me with fresh chocolate covered strawberries at work.... Probably not the best thing I could have eaten, bot so delicious! I'm going to really watch tomorrow. Talk to you all tomorrow. Jeannie

Old 08-30-2007, 08:12 PM

I had oriental veggie salad for dinner. I hated it, but my hubby loved it (of course). Also had salad and pork sandwich for lunch with sweet potato french fries. Oh ya... and creme brulee!!! Eek! I can't resist it! Seriously, it was a tiny portion and I shared it. Not too bad!

VP - I can't give you reputation today, but thanks for spending your one and only post on us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals