Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2007, 11:45 AM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,455,827 times

Advertisements

Sorry I'm posting so late today! I was feeling terrible this morning and couldn't sit up long enough to type out the thread. Feel free to start the thread if I'm running behind.

I was thinking about all the popular foods that I remember from being a kid that we don't see anymore (Kudos bars, bon bons, etc.) and was wondering if you all had any foods that "bring you back" when you hear their name.

So far today: a bowl of my usual flakes, water, and six pop 'ems donuts. Wasn't feeling well this morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 12:00 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,108,687 times
I lost 2 pounds!!!!!!! So I have 9 more to go.

I ate so far today,

Oatmeal with Cinnamon and raisins
Green Tea
Cafe Vienna

Low calorie Activa

Bowl of fresh fruit
Bowl of cooked mixed veggies with beans
Low fat Triscuts (10 or so)
Diet Hot Chocolate (only 25 calories and zero fat)

Lots of water through out the day.

Have a great rest of the day!

P.S. feel better jco!

Old 08-31-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I lost 2 pounds!!!!!!! So I have 9 more to go.
OMGsh! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!! It makes me feel even worse about those donuts...

Old 08-31-2007, 12:17 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,229,486 times
Good day to ya!

jco sorry you don't feel well, comfort food is what you are eating.

Breakfast was dry cheerios (I like them that way) and coffee.

Snack was kashi bar

Lunch was 1/2 turkey sandwich w lettuce and 1 cup of broccoli salad.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:22 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,379,890 times
I love it! I had oatmeal this morning! ...and I haven' had oatmeal in like 7 years!!! It was awesome, it was maple and brown sugar

lots of water. iced tea. that's it. but its Friday so it's pizza night

..grats on the 2 pounds roma!
Sorry you're not feeling well Jco

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

Old 08-31-2007, 01:46 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,628,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
OMGsh! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!! It makes me feel even worse about those donuts...
Hope you feel better jco. Well, when I got on the scale this morning, I weighed 2 lbs. heavier, which means I have 15 lbs., instead of 13 lbs. to lose. I'm hoping the excess weight is coming from my friend coming in a couple of days.... So far today.....oatmeal with fresh blueberries, low-fat vanilla yogurt with Grape-nuts, lean pocket, water, vitamins, and fruit bolus.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:41 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,229,486 times
Hang in there Jean, you are eating the right foods for your body so the weight will come off and you will see results.

Dinner for me was left over wild rice that I made yesterday, and it was better tonight. Something about making it from scratch instead of the package stuff I have used for years. Richer tasting.............

Old 08-31-2007, 04:57 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,628,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Hang in there Jean, you are eating the right foods for your body so the weight will come off and you will see results.

Dinner for me was left over wild rice that I made yesterday, and it was better tonight. Something about making it from scratch instead of the package stuff I have used for years. Richer tasting.............
Thanks Cassy, although I'm sure the fresh chocolate covered strawberries didn't help things yesterday. Jeannie

Old 08-31-2007, 08:39 PM

Will someone start the thread tomorrow? My husband decided he wanted to get away this weekend, so I won't have access to a computer the majority of the day tomorrow.

Jeannie... I've heard that we should weigh ourselves once a week only because we often fluctuate a pound or two each day. I go the extreme and weigh myself once every month or two, so I'm trying to be better about that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals