Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 05:26 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That nap seemed to have turned a corner for me. I can now go on about my life. I hope this feeling stays.
Tami,

I think you feel such relief now because a burden that has worn you both down for so long has been lifted. I'll bet that you were actually in mourning for a long time, while your husband was alive and getting worse and there was little that either of you could do but wait for the inevitable.

I'm glad that you are strong enough now to pick up the remains of your world and go onward. Keep on keepin' on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 07:12 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
I know this is a long time passed but I just wanted to send my condolences.

You did your very best and your husband knew it. I was the caregiver for my grandmother. It was a very rough time. You don't even realize how tough until it's over. If sheer will on my part could have healed her, she would be with us today.

There are times the memories come flooding in and the tears pour out. This becomes the new normal.

Sometimes all you have are the anonymous on a message board to lean on and it's a great thing to at least have that. I now only have the family in my house left after her passing. My aunt and her family have no communication with me and wrote me off with her passing. For my grandmother and me, it was us against the world.

I know your feelings of missing him terribly and only hope that has gotten a little easier with time. Best of luck to you in this new chapter of your life.

Last edited by Jerseyt719; 08-17-2013 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 10-19-2013, 01:32 AM

54 posts, read 105,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Woke up verbally "abused" by this stranger" living in my house again and realized I was letting myself be his "victim" because I am in search of the man I married and constantly trying to get that man to reach out to me. He is already dead and gone. I am coming to grips with this stunning revelation and have started to "take back" my house and me.

I've turned the heat down to 70° and hope he can't stand up straight enough to see the thermostat. That was a major move on my part. I've been sweltering for 7 days and it feels so good to actually feel cold now! LOL 70° feels cold. It will take a few days for my blood to thicken up.

I have done everything in my power to help him and he has rejected it all so my conscious (sp) is clear. There is nothing left for me to do except wait with him.

Thank you, C-D for having a place I could vent kinda annonymously and talk thru my anxiety.
Have him watch this video and see if he won't try it. He has nothing to lose.

How To Make Baking Soda Molasses Cancer Protocol Solutions - YouTube

Old 10-19-2013, 01:34 AM

54 posts, read 105,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinning View Post
Have him watch this video and see if he won't try it. He has nothing to lose.

How To Make Baking Soda Molasses Cancer Protocol Solutions - YouTube

I read back, sorry for your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals