Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 10:23 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
While there has been no 'universal' conclusion on this, the British study referenced in all of these articles points to a very valid concern and probable cause for, at least, a segment of the population. I've (largely) eliminated my exposure to fluoride decades ago and trust the many sources I read both within and beyond the mainstream media.

https://www.webmd.com/women/news/201...tive-thyroid#1

https://www.thyroid.org/patient-thyr...8-issue-6-p-3/

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...sfunction.aspx

Water Fluoridation May Increase Risk of Underactive Thyroid Disorder
Yeah, decades of published articles and books don't mean a thing.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:05 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
While there has been no 'universal' conclusion on this, the British study referenced in all of these articles points to a very valid concern and probable cause for, at least, a segment of the population. I've (largely) eliminated my exposure to fluoride decades ago and trust the many sources I read both within and beyond the mainstream media.

https://www.webmd.com/women/news/201...tive-thyroid#1

https://www.thyroid.org/patient-thyr...8-issue-6-p-3/

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...sfunction.aspx

Water Fluoridation May Increase Risk of Underactive Thyroid Disorder
From the first link:

"British study found an association, but couldn't prove cause-and-effect"

Old 02-19-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
From the first link:

"British study found an association, but couldn't prove cause-and-effect"
No one can seem to prove without some doubt...and YOU can prove huh.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
It is a quote from the link provided by another poster. There is no proof of cause-and-effect.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:12 PM

689 posts, read 972,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Jam,

There are numerous statements throughout these articles that raises huge red flags which is enough for preventative folks like you and I. Furthermore, we will rarely, if ever, get a full cautionary (or ban) on ANYTHING associated with corporate-generated toxins, big pharma, big agra, etc. It's up to us to decide what we need to avoid to protect our health.

Here's a couple of telling quotes from the 4th link.

"The connection between fluoridation and thyroid problems has not been widely studied, says Thiessen, who wasn’t involved in the paper. But the research that does exist shows that at a certain dose fluoride does indeed impair the activity of the thyroid gland, through an as-yet-unclear mechanism, she says."

"In fact, fluoride was used to treat hyperthyroidism (or an overactive thyroid) in the 1950s. It may put a damper on the gland’s activities by suppressing the activity of various enzymes, causing physical damage or interfering with the absorption and use of iodine, a substance that is critical for thyroid health, Thiessen says."

Old 02-19-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Jam,

There are numerous statements throughout these articles that raises huge red flags which is enough for preventative folks like you and I. Furthermore, we will rarely, if ever, get a full cautionary (or ban) on ANYTHING associated with corporate-generated toxins, big pharma, big agra, etc. It's up to us to decide what we need to avoid to protect our health.

Here's a couple of telling quotes from the 4th link.

"The connection between fluoridation and thyroid problems has not been widely studied, says Thiessen, who wasn’t involved in the paper. But the research that does exist shows that at a certain dose fluoride does indeed impair the activity of the thyroid gland, through an as-yet-unclear mechanism, she says."

"In fact, fluoride was used to treat hyperthyroidism (or an overactive thyroid) in the 1950s. It may put a damper on the gland’s activities by suppressing the activity of various enzymes, causing physical damage or interfering with the absorption and use of iodine, a substance that is critical for thyroid health, Thiessen says."
Flaws in the study are discussed here:

https://www.nature.com/articles/sj.bdj.2015.841

"Regarding the reduction in thyroid activity in patients with hyperthyroidism treated with fluoride, Galletti and Joyet concluded '...such an action appears only occasionally among persons subjected to massive doses of this substance', a situation clearly not comparable to community water fluoridation."

Old 02-19-2018, 03:16 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
My daughter was diagnosed as having hyperthyroidism as a teenager. I refused for her to be treated then. We lived in an area which did not and has never fluroidated the water. Recently, at 33 years old after complete blood work, she was told that she has hyperthyroidism, and is immune compromised due to that. She has never lived in an area which put fluoride in the water. They told her it is genetic.

Her Dad has hypothyroidism. Genetic? Can a child inherit the exact opposite extreme? My daughter thinks it is from me. I seem to fit the "profile" more than her Dad. As a teen and young adult, I was never big on drinking NYC tap water. My Mom was adamant about drinking brown tap water from way back when.

I have never had complete blood work in my life. No complains as far as symptoms of either extreme. My complaint with fluoride is totally allergic skin related.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:57 PM

Isn't HyperT also known as Graves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graves%27_disease

No matter what anyone says here, there is enough, too much, info for ME and many in my circle of friends/family to work to avoid fluoride consumption. I've worked too long and so many worked long and harder than me in this toxic added to our waters/foods.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:39 PM

689 posts, read 972,939 times
Fluoridation May Not Prevent Cavities, Scientific Review Shows Jam here’s a very interesting article showing how outdated the actual research is and how the CDC is ignoring the most current questions and concerns from the scientific community.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:01 PM

L.M. I surely would NOT make a great poster child on cavity prevention..I was born and raised in it and my mouth sure didn't benefit as far as cavity prevention. The CDC, yikes...is all I can say.

I have not looked as this reject/remove list recently and not much activity in 2018 yet but some strides in 2017.

Fluoride Action Network | Communities Which Have Rejected Fluoridation Since 1990

I read about an upcoming lawsuit against this industry but so far haven't seen anything lately on the status of it. I'm tuned in as I'm a member of a group that sends out all the latest updates on their works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals