Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 05:44 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Just a quick hello and off to work......coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy Monday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 05:50 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning Jeannie,NCN, Lisa,Diana,Izzy,Steve.

Nothing much happening in the "L" house.

Breakfast-yog/fruit.
Dinner thinking linguine and white clam sauce.

Happy Monday all.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:09 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Morning Jeannie, Lacey, Lisa, Diana, Izzy, Steve.

We are just hanging out around the house. Hope to do some cleaning today. Tuesday is my cleaning day and it didn't happen last week. I just got the biggest messes when we got home.

Everything is changing in NC on the political scene. I just got a letter from our new state treasurer. I liked the one we had. I told Mr. VA that I expected at this age to be thinking about whether or not our money will last, but things change. Money is secondary right now. I don't even care.

Coffee and milk
vanilla yogurt--this one had 17 sugars, so I guess I will be using will power until lunch.
banana

Old 01-19-2009, 08:21 AM

Hi NCN-uh-oh should I still plan on moving there?

Old 01-19-2009, 08:29 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Morning Jeanie,NCN,Lacey,Steve,Lisa,Diana

I could hardly get up this morning!

Just a cuppa coffee to wake up!

Old 01-19-2009, 10:00 AM
NCN

Lacey, to tell the truth, we are thinking of moving to Virginia to be near our nurse daughter. If anything happens to either of us, I think she will insist that we do and remembering how difficult it was checking on my mother long distance even though there was a sister next door and 2 brothers still in her town, we may do just that. I would look for a really easy to care for home. We could hire a yard man here cheaper than moving to another location locally, but if we move, I would plan for old age.

My concern with the new state treasurer is not as much about NC as it is my personal finances. She is in charge of my retirement and some other things I don't care to mention here. Somebody has made some major changes to this system and I don't know whether it is good or not. Lacey, wish I had your banking brain. When people start messing with my money, I get nervous.

Izzy, are you still sleepy, sick, hurting? Give yourself a hug from us. I miss Rath too. I try to come on when I can because we really notice those that don't show up. Hope it didn't scare Lisa off with the "them there hills" statement. I love where she lives. Hope her electricity is working in this weather.

Last edited by NCN; 01-19-2009 at 10:09 AM..

Old 01-19-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Lacey, to tell the truth, we are thinking of moving to Virginia to be near our nurse daughter. If anything happens to either of us, I think she will insist that we do and remembering how difficult it was checking on my mother long distance even though there was a sister next door and 2 brothers still in her town, we may do just that. I would look for a really easy to care for home. We could hire a yard man here cheaper than moving to another location locally, but if we move, I would plan for old age.

My concern with the new state treasurer is not as much about NC as it is my personal finances. She is in charge of my retirement and some other things I don't care to mention here. Somebody has made some major changes to this system and I don't know whether it is good or not. Lacey, wish I had your banking brain. When people start messing with my money, I get nervous.

Izzy, are you still sleepy, sick, hurting? Give yourself a hug from us. I miss Rath too. I try to come on when I can because we really notice those that don't show up. Hope it didn't scare Lisa off with the "them there hills" statement. I love where she lives. Hope her electricity is working in this weather.
NCN-that's a good idea and that's my fear living here-Lord I don't want to die here!!!!! Bad enough living here. Plus closer is better for our kids just in case anything happens to us.

I don't have a $$ brain-it's just being cautious-Mr. L was getting very nervous and in order for my sanity I did what I had to.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:46 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Hi everyone,

NCN- You didn't scare me off about the hills. I had a problem with ice on my satellite and couldn't get Internet for awhile. Now I am on and having problems with my mouse. I'm ready to kill the computer, lol. We have no trouble with electric since we don't have to worry about power outages which is cool. We don't need any heat which is also really cool and it got down to zero 2 nights ago.

I am sorry you are feeling pressures in NC. The best we can all do is look out for our families and ourselves. That's why my husband and I chose to live the way we do. Just in case.

Lacey- I'm glad your hubby is feeling better since yesterday morning. Wow, it is almost "tropical" where you are today. Better get out the sunscreen, lol. It's the time to be cautious. Things are going to be rough for a lot of people.

I fell off the wagon over the weekend so now I am putting it behind me. I gained a little of my lost weight back. I was eating really healthy but maybe a little too much of the good stuff.

I'm back on track today. Fiber One and strawberries early and then 2 egg whites later.
Lunch will be salad stuffed in a mini ww pita.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:01 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
NCN-that's a good idea and that's my fear living here-Lord I don't want to die here!!!!! Bad enough living here. Plus closer is better for our kids just in case anything happens to us.

I don't have a $$ brain-it's just being cautious-Mr. L was getting very nervous and in order for my sanity I did what I had to.
Aren't you glad you did though. How did you end up there in Minnesota. I have been wondering for a long time. We are doing all right, I think. Mr. VA said we have lost about a year's salary, but it is an unrealized loss. That won't break us but it does hurt to see what you had planned for your children go to nothing. In this economy it is hard to see which way to turn. We just try to keep our eggs in a lot of baskets that are not connected. I don't know what else to do.

I started on a new food journal book today and weighed. I was down 5 pounds from when he went into the hospital. Worry must shake it off. I am eating food in small portions throughout the day. This is probably the same five pounds I lose and gain all the time. I don't know whether it is water weight or the scales.

So collectively since breakfast:
Coffee and milk
three egg whites fried in the grease of 1/2 slice bacon--I ate the bacon too.
1 slice whitewheat
about 2 ounces liver pudding
apple
cup of coffee and milk
1 pearson peppermint patty

Old 01-19-2009, 01:11 PM

Congrats NCN heck of a way to lose tho. I think small meals help.

YLisa-as long as you get back on track that's great. Do you have geo-thermal?

Oh NCN it was a good idea at the time little over 3 yrs. ago. Mr L is from MN and we lived in NYC and NJ since we met 41 yrs ago. NJ was getting pretty expensive, our home was free and clear, market was great. We did the pros and cons, thinking also it would be good for Mr. L to be closer to family (mistake #1). We sold, made a nice profit, bought this house-which we love and has low taxes,etc. First 2 years were okay but we really need our family-not his as they are basically cold and non existent in our lives.

I don't want to grow old and die here of all places and want to be close enough for a day's drive home to the kids and grands-not 25 hrs.

I've made some nice friends-not close like NJ-but that's okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals