Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 04:26 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies and friends.

Yesterday was a bit better. Got to hosp. by 6AM to catch doctor. He stopped the IV pain meds as Mr. L was becoming disorientated and put him on oral meds.

After breakfast he took a shower, dressed and we walked. Hopefully we will see progress everyday but as doc said it will be a long road to healing.

Days are long at the hosp! UGH. Oh hit a great sale-got 2 cashmere sweaters for $8 each!

Breakfast-yog/grape nuts
Lunch-soup
Dinner-grilled jalapeno cheese on 12 grain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 06:05 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,391,732 times
Hi Judi. Yippie, new pullovers! Shopping is good for the soul (at least that's how I feel - DH certainly can't understand that lol)

I was really tiered after my step aerobic class yesterday and since I made many (maybe too many ) leg exercises I'm a bit sore today. Anyhoo', at least I feel that I did something useful

Today's a quick run to the grocery store on my to-do list as well as cooking something for tomorrow's lunch. One of my friends will come over tonight to watch Desperate Housewifes with me. As I have a sore throat I hope she won't stay too long

Breakfast: -
Lunch:
a little white bean soup
half a a slice of w/w bread with cream cheese / cheese / ham

Have a great Hump Day!

Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times
Yes, I hate hospitals and my daughter works in one. She is in the right place though although she complains about how busy it is in emergency. I think she would be bored to tears anywhere else in the hospital. She is so energetic, she would drive the regular patients mad. One day she told me about a patient that complained about how long it was taking to see the doctor and she explained to the patient that she realized it was taking a while but right at that time they were dealing with several heart attacks and they took priority at the moment. I cannot imagine what her 12 hour shifts are like.

Coffee and milk
banana
vanilla low fat yogurt

The weather map does not have any alerts for us today. It is all around us, but our county is just white on the map. One front has already gone through and the rest seem to be going in another direction. Nothing is on the ground, so we will be going to the aquatic center.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:42 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times
He's home and my busy life is just starting-I may look back at those boring hosp. days. Whe I got there at 7AM and he told me-I was shocked-to me he wasn't ready.

My ribs were popped again so I made an appt w/chiro, went food shopping, brought the stuff home, returned something to Penney's, back to the hosp-waiting for release! Just had to run and get a handicap lift for bathroom. I'm tired already.

Dinner has been changed to hot roast beef sandwiches, corn.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,391,732 times
Good evening ladies.
Judi, no wonder you're losing weight with so much stress. Hope you can calm down once Mr. L is at home.

Forgot to tell you that I had a pedicure appt. yesterday. Very relaxing but way too short lol

Dinner: half a cup of hot milk (low fat)

Old 02-25-2010, 08:19 AM

72,427 posts, read 18,210,652 times
I went to a lot of meeting and business mixers,ate all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals