Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:40 AM

5 posts, read 28,849 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I will be visiting the Dallas area in late july, I'm trying to find a nice bar or club to go to that is safe and classy...any suggestion? Oh and that might have a mixed crowd. I don't want to stand out in the crowd i'm african american. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 02:48 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,240,907 times
BJ's brewhouse on 75 in Plano is pretty nice, its a full service restaurant and bar. They have an excellent selection of import and microbrew beer.

The Flying Saucer in Addison is another nice bar, they serve just about every beer under the sun. The place gets pretty loud, but its a lot of fun.

There's a nice classy Irish pub in Mockingbird Station, though I can not recall the name. There are several high end bars around Dallas and the park cities including Old Monk, Ginger Man, and Idle Rich.

Night clubs tend to come and go here, there are a few ultra lounges such as Wish and a couple others.

I've only been to Flying Saucer and BJ's. Unless you are dressed t like a thug, I seriously doubt anyone would care that you are African American. Dallas is a minority majority city and everyone gets along here.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:55 PM

88 posts, read 366,956 times
Where are you staying? If you are staying near the center of the city - I would recommend hitting the bars on McKinney Avenue in Uptown (Idle Rich, Gingerman, etc) after starting the evening in West Village with Mexican food (Mi Cocina, Taco Diner). You can walk to everything and don't need to worry about how you are going to get home - which is one of the (many) problems with partying out in Plano/Addison.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:34 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
I second the McKinney Ave/Uptown area. Plenty of restaurants, bars, etc to go from one to the next.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:02 PM

100 posts, read 455,516 times
Where will you be staying? What atmoshpere are you looking for? Are you coming out with friends or do you know people out here?

Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 PM

I will be with my friend and I think will be staying in Arlington. Not for sure right now.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:50 PM

100 posts, read 455,516 times
If you will be here during the week check out Hyena's comedy club on Thursday nights (I think). Maxwell's in Addison Ricky Smiley host kareoke an poetry night on Tuesdays and other events happen on the weekend. Pugly's Library to just hang out if you are a hip hop head. If you want to club check out Dallasblack.com the week before you arrive. This site has most of the listing of parties and club events. Also when you get here check out there radio station 97.9, 104.5, 105.7 94.5 all FM. Hip hop, R&B, and Classic Soul. The website for these stations also list other events.
If jazz or neo soul music is your flavor. Check out Brooklyn Jazz Cafe, Tephejez, Neo-Soul Cafe (event take place around the city). On Sundays go to the Firewater Grille for Signature Sunday. You have to check out Victory Park while you are here also. These are spot that most AA includng myself frequent.

One more thing most of these places can be google searched for more information. Make sure someone knows how to get aroud Dallas. There is not a central party district. Where are you coming from? Feel free to PM if you need more information. If I here somethine that may coinside with your arrival I will drop you a line. Hope this helps.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:47 AM

I'm coming from Kansas City, MO and our clubs here are HORRIBLE!!!!! We don't have classy nightclubs here! I don't go here because it is not safe and people don't know how to have fun.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 4,658 times
hello i need a nightclub for some classy ladies they love neo soul and R&B a up scale place thats hoppin on wednesday nights

Old 06-02-2009, 02:54 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,585,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
There's a nice classy Irish pub in Mockingbird Station, though I can not recall the name.
Trinity Hall? Very nice place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas