Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:53 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,207 times

Advertisements

This is just silly...And of course someone will be dumb enough to throw down and pay for these. Jones is nothing short of a complete Chisel.

NFL to charge people $200 to stand outside Super Bowl stadium - Shutdown Corner - NFL* - Yahoo! Sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 09:05 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Here is another thread on this same subject on the FTW forum.
Standing outside and paying to watch the Super Bowl

The parking rates are assinine as well.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:13 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,207 times
The only reason I can think anyone would want to do this is to take advantage of what is probably the best part of any football game, the Tailgating. Problem is, you can't tailgate the entire game, so whats the use. Seems like a giant buzzkill if you ask me..

I much prefer my family room, and putting that $200 towards a giant party sub and a plate of homemade nachos and some beers.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:15 AM

554 posts, read 1,197,154 times
Way to give up all dignity and resign to being just "one of the little people". Pathetic. I hope it snows that day but before it snows it needs to SLEET...HARD...right when those minions are standing out there paying to watch the game on a T.V.!!! Get a grip sheeple and stop being so easily used and abused!

Old 01-20-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
The only reason I can think anyone would want to do this is to take advantage of what is probably the best part of any football game, the Tailgating. Problem is, you can't tailgate the entire game, so whats the use. Seems like a giant buzzkill if you ask me..

I much prefer my family room, and putting that $200 towards a giant party sub and a plate of homemade nachos and some beers.
You mean $800.
Tickets will first be offered to Cowboys season-ticket holders who will have to buy in blocks of four.

NO WAY IN HADES!!!!!!
I'd rather put the money towards a brand new flat screen tv. Or something a lot more useful.

If the weather is bad..... you are screwed.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
Way to give up all dignity and resign to being just "one of the little people". Pathetic. I hope it snows that day but before it snows it needs to SLEET...HARD...right when those minions are standing out there paying to watch the game on a T.V.!!! Get a grip sheeple and stop being so easily used and abused!
That is the sad thing......... all these people that WILL spend money they most likely don't have to just "be there". People that DO have money and a lick of sense won't spend it foolishly like that.

Hansen brought up something the other night about the impending strike. That if the players went on strike NOW before the Super Bowl then the NFL owners would be scrambling to settle w/ them to get the game played. I'm kinda liking that idea The really sad thing is that when the NFL has a strike the fans are fast to come back. In other sports it takes a long time for them to recover and get the fans back in the seats. I know someone inside the Cowboys organization and all year he has been going crazy w/ the figures...... everything Jones is doing right now is to get money in his pockets in case there is a strike so that he has the money to cover everything w/o any revenue coming in. From what Hansen said, the owners have not sat down in MONTHS to talk to the players about an agreement. Granted, I think some of the players have a bit of an overpaid ego problem as well.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times
True $200.00 each MUST pay four. Offered to Club Season ticket holders of the Cowboys first- remaining then offered to regular seating season ticket holders of the Cowboys- whatever remaining will be offered to the general public.

Seems rediculous to me- but it's Jerry's world and he wants to hit a record.

We passed on the ticket offer- it's hard enough to deal with the high amount to be a season ticket holder.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:25 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
I'm not giving one dime to Jerry unless it's a fundraiser to send him back to Arkansas.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:57 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,636,480 times
On the other side here - have you been out to the stadium and seen the giant screens and such in the Party Pavillion area? They are already there, but have not been sold on regular games as an option.

Say what you want about Jerry and Jerry-world, but this is pretty darn good idea to make money (even if you already have ka-zillions)

Old 01-20-2011, 11:04 AM

40 posts, read 82,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
People that DO have money and a lick of sense won't spend it foolishly like that.
I'm really foolish then -- 200 level, end zone tix.

At least no one so far has made the "spend-it-on-a-flat-screen" argument. Never really understood that one. When people look back on their lives, what's more memorable -- material objects or treasured experiences?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: