Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 07:50 AM

2,231 posts, read 6,071,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboy08 View Post
I'd be carefull about Savannah, I hear there are major problems there with houses and even streets sinking into the creeks...
I don't know what people tell you, but I live in Savannah and I have no knowledge of houses and streets sinking into creeks. I drive by the creek every day and I see no houses and streets half-submerged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 11:40 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,152,918 times
If you are looking for amenities, Stonebridge Ranch in McKinney is much better and the homes more affordable in established neighborhoods.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:04 PM

350 posts, read 1,289,450 times
I'm moving to Arlington and wish they'd already started on Viridian. That looks like a really nice development. Apparently they are allowing students from UT-Arlington to dig up some dinosaur finds on that site but will start formal prepwork for the new development in October.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:21 PM

10 posts, read 27,735 times
If it is the look of the houses that you like, you might take a look at Capella Park. The development is about 15 minutes from downtown Dallas, on Spur 408. www.capellapark.com. Same style of hardie board construction.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:35 AM

8 posts, read 35,360 times
you do not want to live here. Huffines, the developer, did not properly survey the land nor did they properly prepare the land so hundreds of us have homes with broken foundations that Huffines will do nothing about. If you want a home that is worthless as soon as you buy it feel free. If not, choose another development and definitely another developer than the criminal Huffines Communities.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:20 PM

8 posts, read 34,211 times
Default Savannah Texas

That is exactly right, there are over 50 homes with major foundation problems in Savannah, and D.R Horton and Vision Homes sister company of [Woodhaven Homes] are responsible for poor quality building and/or their engineering firms failed to design foundations adequate enough to maintain stability of the structures. D.R. Horton's engineering firm hire was Strand Systems Engineering, Inc., and Vision Homes [Woodhaven Homes] hired Eric L. Davis Engineering.

Concerned Resident and Home Owner of Savannah Texas.

P.S.
If anyone wants to comment about all the good houses built, We only have one reply "It really does not matter how many good houses are built if there is one failed foundation and it is yours"

Old 08-17-2009, 03:32 PM

Open your eyes and walk down cotton exchange, but be careful because you stumble through the extreme ups and downs of the sidewalks there. That street already looks 30 years old and like there is a river running under it that is causing the curbs to break and split apart in chunks.

There are well over 50 houses that have had major foundation problems and some that have been repaired by adding piers that continue to have problems.

Savannah will look very old in 10 years, and the HOA will probably go bankrupt because there are so many problems with foundations, it has created a stigma, and foreclosures are everywhere, and the only kind of people it is drawing is lower income, and they will not be able to sustain the high property tax rate out here, therefore will not be able to pay the HOA dues therefore the pool will close down and this will be a low income rental area for the rest of enternity!

Stay away from any housing developments along the 380 Corridor!

Old 08-17-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmra325 View Post
you do not want to live here. Huffines, the developer, did not properly survey the land nor did they properly prepare the land so hundreds of us have homes with broken foundations that Huffines will do nothing about. If you want a home that is worthless as soon as you buy it feel free. If not, choose another development and definitely another developer than the criminal Huffines Communities.
I don't know about the Huffines being criminals, but yes Savannah is a mess!

The builders and their engineers study the geo tech engineering reports on the land here and make a decision as to what kind of foundation and how they should build it to sustain on this expansive soil, and they failed in many many areas of Savannah.

We hold the developers partly responsible, because as soon as the issues surfaced they should have been screaming to shut down the house construction until they figured out how to make it work, and they did nothing.

Well researched and educated Savannah resident living in hell!

Old 08-17-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolo View Post
we're relocating to dallas, and in our search for a home we stumbled across two unique communities - providence and savannah. They have some really cute homes - that look like homes from the days of old - but with super amenities. Everything looks good online, but does anyone know of them? We plan to go scope things out in a couple of weeks, but want to know if it's worth it. Any direction would be helpful. Thanks.
do not invest your hard earned money in any house in savannah, just to be safe i would steer clear of the 380 corridor period.

Maybe go to prosper where the house are sure to appreciate and ask lots of questions and do not buy d.r. Horton, woodhaven, lennar,... Do your home work, ask who engineers the foundations, as what the history of the land is that they are building your house on. Ask how much fill they brought in to level your house. Ask then what the pvr is of your lot and each lot adjacent to yours on both sides. Ask them if water injection or any moisture barrier treatments were necessary to keep pvr under 4.5 for your lot or your potential neighboring lots.

Become educated people, do not just go and buy on emotion. It may cost you a lifetime of hard earned money and a tremendous amount of emotional stress.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
i don't know what people tell you, but i live in savannah and i have no knowledge of houses and streets sinking into creeks. I drive by the creek every day and i see no houses and streets half-submerged.
dude, open your eyes and walk around your community and look at the sidewalks, and curbs, especially on cotton exchange.

Go to the tuesday meetings at the club house and find out just how wonderful these houses are in savannah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas