Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 07:56 AM

205 posts, read 279,417 times

Advertisements

hello. i know there is a fort worth section but I thought i might post here too to get some suggestions.

i have a friend who will be starting work at cook children's hospital and just wondering if anyone had suggestions regarding apartments in fort worth to live in. things that she wants with respect to preferences include proximity to hospital/safety/and cost.

also just wondering if fort worth has any thing resembling uptown dallas thats close to the hospital where more younger people and restaurants/bars that can hang out in after work. i know TCU is in fort worth but don't know how close that is. thanks a lot for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
So 7 west of downtown and the Sundance Sq area plus there is area so of the 820 Loop around Hulen/Bryant Irwin and the area local to TCU itself for hangout places

budget has lot to do with what is feasible--downtown FTW is about as safe as any downtown area--

google up a crime map and just remember that gated apts are not that much safer than un-gated because gates can be compromised and often don't work right

Old 04-08-2011, 06:39 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,172,355 times
In addition to So7, the larger West 7th retail/residential development down the street should fit your friend's needs:

West 7th :: Home

Old 04-08-2011, 06:45 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
West 7th is a mini uptown, but I don't know enough to speak to specific apartments.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:46 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,536,221 times
Magnolia Street/"Near Southside" is literally right by the hospital and is very up-and-coming with lots of newer bars, restaurants, and hangouts. Lots of young people moving into that area as well, and I bet a lot of young nurses and hospital employees live around there, too. Check it out. The Homes at Parker Commons are nice apartments converted from an old schoolhouse located on Rosedale. I've seen other newer complexes around the area, too, but I don't konw their names. Some of these apartments your friend would probably have the option to walk to both work and her nightlife.

To expand on what Turtlecreek said -- West 7th is to Uptown what Magnolia Street is to N. Oak Cliff/Bishop Arts District.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:06 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,172,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
Magnolia Street/"Near Southside" is literally right by the hospital and is very up-and-coming with lots of newer bars, restaurants, and hangouts. Lots of young people moving into that area as well, and I bet a lot of young nurses and hospital employees live around there, too. Check it out. The Homes at Parker Commons are nice apartments converted from an old schoolhouse located on Rosedale. I've seen other newer complexes around the area, too, but I don't konw their names. Some of these apartments your friend would probably have the option to walk to both work and her nightlife.

To expand on what Turtlecreek said -- West 7th is to Uptown what Magnolia Street is to N. Oak Cliff/Bishop Arts District.
Truer words were never spoken.

They might also try looking near downtown in places such as these:

Hillside Apartments | Fort Worth Apartments

::::: The Depot :::::

There are things going on in downtown Fort Worth (restaurants, bars, a movie theater, live theater [Jubilee, Circle], Barnes & Noble, etc.) and it's only a few minutes away from the W. 7th street area, the Cultural District, and the Magnolia corridor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: