Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 08:37 AM

695 posts, read 1,447,703 times

Advertisements

You can find something in FM at that price point, but no, it won't be new. You can find something in North Carrollton (Lewisville Schools, same as FM) for a similar price point but it won't be new. You may be able to find something workable in Coppell at that price point but again--not new. If you want to pay $250K in the Dallas area and get something new, you're going to be doing a lot of driving!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 09:20 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse View Post
(Lewisville Schools, same as FM)
I have said it before and I will say again, FM and Lewisville schools are only the same in the sense they are the same ISD. FM schools are the crown jewel of that district, so it's misleading to say they are all the same when they are not and there is plenty of information to support it.

To the OP, if schools are important to you and you consider a move to Lewisville, don't assume all the schools in that (huge) ISD are the same. FM is THE best of the bunch.

Last edited by skids929; 06-03-2011 at 09:32 AM..

Old 06-03-2011, 09:22 AM

695 posts, read 1,447,703 times
The LISD schools in North Carrollton have similar ratings to those in FM, particularly at the elementary, neighborhood level. I didn't say they were all the same--just that they were the same school district.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:45 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,713 times
there are plenty of new homes in the grapevine, Frisco, Carrollton, Trophy club and many more places in your price range. I just did a quick search on newhomes search.
Fort Worth, Fort Worth Area, Texas New Homes for Sale | Search Homes & Compare Floor Plans & Pricing

Old 09-07-2011, 10:10 PM

25 posts, read 43,292 times
I live in McKinneyModerator cut: not allowed Craig Ranch did go through some growing pains (but then who didn't) but is really a great community and you can get a good deal there. People generally love it or hate it because it is different. The homes are a little too close together for my taste but there are others who really like the front porches and neighborhood feel.

My husband also worked in Irving as well and had the commute every day and it took him about 35-45 minutes depending on traffic. He didn't take 121 though he took George Bush. The places that have been mentioned by others (Flower Mound, Coppell etc) are just not places you can get a new home in that price range. Little Elm would be farther West and you could get a new home in that range but the infrastructure sucks and it takes a long time to get in and out sometimes. Have you looked in Frisco?
Tanya Endicott

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-08-2011 at 10:33 AM..

Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,681,036 times
Mc Kinney to Irving would be a nightmare drive.Craig Ranch has many foreclosures,rental homes and issues.Many builders pulled out ( do some research ).If for some reason you decided to try the drive into a northern suburb ( NOT SUGGESTED ) I would scratch Mc Kinney off the list and at least be closer to Irving by being off the tollway and not 75.If you want to spend $230,000 plus check out Prosper.Frisco or Plano if you want to keep it well under $200,00.Flower Mound would be a better choice than Frisco or Plano for the in between price range. No way is it worth buying in Irving,the ISD is not desirable at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas