Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 11:05 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,481,036 times

Advertisements

From Frontburner blog:
Housewives of Dallas May Be Real or Unreal | FrontBurner

I confess I would absolutely watch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 12:10 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,326,582 times
I would totally watch, the Bravo would have to be nervous since all the other Dallas-based reality shows (Divas & Daughters, Sheer Dallas, Grin & Barrett with Angie Barrett, the one with Blythe Beck @ the Palomar, etc) have were all quickly cancelled due to poor ratings.

Plus, those Divas & Daughters women turned into the laughing stock of Dallas (and Collin County) - I cannot imagine enough women going through casting calls.

I think Dallas' best reality tv niche is churning out Bachelorettes and Bachelors (and the men and women who chase them). It's the young, dumb, brassy Uptown crowd that make for tv. The women in Dallas who WOULD make for great tv with how competive and spendy they are are too "classy" to sign up for RHWOD.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:17 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,910,002 times
Oh dear lord no. Yes, I would TOTALLY watch it (and laugh my butt off). It would be fun though..... in a twisted kind of way. LOL!!!

I too can not see them getting enough "quality" women to want to do it and put all their dirty laundry out there. Dallas Divas and Daughters was HORRIBLE! Of course they could get THOSE women to want to do it....... I heard about some of the others that have been contacted and I'm sure some that have been contacted for a Real Housewives show and they all turned it down. None of them wanted THAT kind of exposure. Can't say I blame them.

Agree w/ TurtleCreek, they need to stick to all of the other reality shows that come thru here for casting. Dallas is a hot spot for reality shows casting calls and it is pretty evident on all of the other reality shows that there are plenty of people here to have a good draw for some good quality contestants. For a Real Housewives show........ I'm a little afraid.......

Old 01-22-2011, 12:47 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,481,036 times
Being a part of the Housewives franchise would help ratings, I bet. But really they need to get people like Charlotte Anderson to do it, not wannabes.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:42 AM

372 posts, read 711,269 times
Alright, I just followed the links. That is not my reality. I actually have caught a few episodes of the other house wives franchises and turned it off because there is nothing that really grabs my attention to watch, nothing to relate too. It's their reality but not really anyones I have ever seen. I live in west Plano right now, staging a home in a small neighborhood with million dollar homes and the home we left a few months ago was in a neighborhood from the 800's and up.. the people I have met are normal people who just happen to have expensive houses. Now I think a reality show of people not over the top families, show their struggles, their truimphs and being a family through thick and thin would be a great show to catch instead of an episode I caught once of a spa and one where the girl was drinking too much... it was getting so complicated I turned it off.. I don't think a show would be boring watching a real Dallas house wife.. that is one void of big hair... trust me on this. Mom, wanna help me search out for real ladies and then present? ... just kidding... I would not even know where to start.

Last edited by Vintage Life; 01-23-2011 at 12:06 PM..

Old 01-23-2011, 04:06 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,244,706 times
I hate to say it but it would have to focus on the younger crowd or some mans trophy wife. The women who grace the society pages here all look horribly dated, they look like they stepped from a Mad Men themed charity event, except its not intentional.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:17 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,565,028 times
I'm assuming the Parkie wives would take center stage? Maybe Southlake?

Old 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,188,484 times
I doubt the Parkies would participate in that kind of thing - maybe some of the divorced ones who need some dough. Some of them will do anything...

I just have this feeling that it would be all CoCos.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:35 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,910,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I doubt the Parkies would participate in that kind of thing - maybe some of the divorced ones who need some dough. Some of them will do anything...

I just have this feeling that it would be all CoCos.
Most of the "stars" of the other RH franchises all live in the burbs of their designated city. None of the Atlanta chicks live IN Atlanta. DC... I think one of them did. But she moved to Georgetown at the end of the season (this franchise was NOT renewed..... YES!!!). NYC, they all did except for one that moved out of the city. Beverly Hills.... only 2 of them live IN BH. OC..... the originals may have all lived in OC but the rest have not except for Vicki and Jenna by the end of the last season.

What? They can't have a Real Housewife from Garland

Old 01-24-2011, 05:17 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,188,484 times
Well we had some Divas and Daughters sightings around here at Times Ten Winery and the Arboretum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas