Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 11:11 AM

1,518 posts, read 5,270,398 times

Advertisements

I used this magic thing called Google and found the following map from the time that Obama was born. In that time, Pan AM, the biggest American carrier, had no flights to Eastern Africa, and certainly not to Kenya. If they made the trip, it would have been by private charter plane or by boat.

Airchive - Timetables & Route Maps - Pan Am - 1959 - March 1

Last edited by hamiltonpl; 09-13-2011 at 11:25 AM..

Old 09-14-2011, 06:05 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,304 times
At least they don't ask the kids to say the Pledge of Allegiance which I consider indoctrination and would have my daughter sit quietly through.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:53 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,763,091 times
Does her elementary school say the Pledge of Allegiance?

Old 09-14-2011, 06:59 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganongrey View Post
At least they don't ask the kids to say the Pledge of Allegiance which I consider indoctrination and would have my daughter sit quietly through.
Yeah because indoctrinating your child to have some respect for country is awful enough that a father should force them to be an outcast in their school by making a statement her Dad wants her to make. If the school doesn't give them a choice to sit out, you would be out of line and should consider another school instead of trying to prove some political point. Not to mention opening up your kid to being a outcast and potential bullying. If they do allow choice, thats a different story, that I obviously still disagree with completely.

I would choose my battles a little wiser than that.

Last edited by skids929; 09-14-2011 at 07:09 PM..

Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganongrey View Post
I refuse to have my young daughter pledge allegiance of any sort to the anglo-centric hegemonic government of this county. I would send her to school with a note if that was an issue. I would also make sure that afro-centric holidays are observed and sure as Hell would pull her out of school if the school board didn't see fit to give her at least the first 2 days (umoja and ujochacalia) off for Kwanzaa. She should not have to salute or even stand for any flag ceremony that her parents find offensive.
I am pretty sure the gist of everything you just said is racist..Lemme double-check, yep it is. And FYI, you live in country with an "anglo-centric" (what a sh*tty term BTW) heritage. And Hegemonic? Are the Governments in your homeland any better? I can't think of a Govt in the world that can't be accused of that. And celebrate Kwanzaa? I disagree, unless it's a religious school. I send my children to Catholic school and I expect prayer and religious recognition, not in a public school (assuming yours attends public).

You find our Flag ceremony offensive? Why? Your daughter might not. Shouldn't she be given the opportunity to decide for herself? Isn't that the Mantra of the beautiful people? No rules, just peace love and happiness.

All your teaching your daughter is how to be disloyal, ungrateful and in my opinion disrespectful. This country gave you what you have, you might not be an MD, an NFL running back and all the other great things internet anonymity has allowed you to be. Your welcome.

Just remember, all the nonsense you just brought up is where we all tend to disagree. The Flag and our sense of Country is the one place we should Unite and come together, as one. Thats the intention of the Pledge, nothing more.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all.

Last edited by skids929; 09-14-2011 at 08:44 PM..

Old 09-14-2011, 07:53 PM

217 posts, read 382,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This should be printed on reams of paper and birthers should be forced to eat a printout of this every day until they get it.
That wouldn't do it.....they would still keep going. Its not about it being truthful, its about progressing negative rhetoric with the knowledge that there are millions of un-informed voters in this country.

Not to mention the "pure hate" for this President like I have never seen in my life time. Its interesting to me.....

Old 09-14-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Lost View Post
That wouldn't do it.....they would still keep going. Its not about it being truthful, its about progressing negative rhetoric with the knowledge that there are millions of un-informed voters in this country.

Not to mention the "pure hate" for this President like I have never seen in my life time. Its interesting to me.....
Its not hate, thats a strong word..It's the stupidity as I most see it..The, more of what did not work most surely will work this time, attitude he's adopted. The "we're worried about our Youth in America", blaming high unemployment, but yet he's ok with leaving them with 16 Trillion in debt to pay back, and a bankrupted Social Security. He chose this path, the path to more redistributive Federal programs, more regulations, more contemptuous talk about the wealthy which created evermore class warfare, more debt, more uncertainty in financial markets, and more overall failed big government. Solyndra also comes to mind..

All this from a guy who had a record high approval ratings out of the gate and theoretically had limitless potential with the American people. He chose the exact opposite path to American renewal he promised he would give us when Campaigned, and paradoxically drove us that much faster into becoming a welfare state.

If you want to know why people have strong feelings, there is a start for you.

Last edited by skids929; 09-14-2011 at 09:23 PM..

Old 09-14-2011, 09:32 PM

217 posts, read 382,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Its not hate, thats a strong word..It's the stupidity as I most see it..The, more of what did not work most surely will work this time, attitude he's adopted. The "we're worried about our Youth in America", blaming high unemployment, but yet he's ok with leaving them with 16 Trillion in debt to pay back, and a bankrupted Social Security. He chose this path, the path to more redistributive Federal programs, more regulations, more contemptuous talk about the wealthy which created evermore class warfare, more debt, more uncertainty in financial markets, and more overall failed big government.

All this from a guy who had a record high approval ratings out of the gate and theoretically had limitless potential with the American people. He chose the exact opposite path to American renewal he promised he would give us when Campaigned, and paradoxically drove us that much faster into becoming a welfare state.

You see.... this is my point. You hate him because you have fabricated in your mind that "he" has bankrupted the country..... you think he damaged social security. (He never hurt it "ever" in his entire life with any policy whatsoever)..... that was done a long time ago. Let me ask you something.... from 2000-2006 the Republican Party controlled Congress and the White House..... Do you hate them for not fixing Social Security ? For increasing the Debt ? For being a part in the economy being run into the gutter ? Where was your "hate" of their failed policies ? What about the borders ? What exactly did they do about that ? Illegal Aliens ? Deficit ? Jobs ? First and only decade this country has ever seen where the GDP didn't go up ?

The Debt, people think he went on a spending spree..... he didn't. It was lost revenue..... people make less, they paid less. The Stimulus was nothing new.... that is Recession 101..... in fact the vast majority of civilized countries in the world had a stimulus and they were typically in ratio to their GDP..... nobody talks about that. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't, because "nobody" knows how bad it would have been without it no matter what they tell you.

I'm no fan of Obama, I'm really not..... but lets be honest, the guy was given a "messed-up country"..... They hand him the keys to the country and tell him "There you go Mr. Obama, we have 2 wars going on, the Banking industry is collapsing, the auto industry is going bankrupt, the un-employment rate is dive bombing with losses of literally 400,000 jobs per month, 1/2 of congress is going to vote "No" no-matter what policy you throw on the table, the budget hasn't been balanced since 2000 and by the way, we're flat broke....... good luck with that !"

And then the hate started..... if you hate Obama, then "you must" hate the Republicans too. And quite frankly, most of his policy is Republican policy..... for example, you ask him where the jobs are, and he needs to ask the Republicans the same question..... The Republicans told him, "Mr President, you have to extend those tax cuts to the Wealthy... otherwise job peril it will be, because they create the jobs".... so he did........."Now where in the hell are the Jobs the Republicans said they would create at ?" Its a legit question...... where is it ? I ask anybody this.....

btw, has he raised taxes on anybody ? Expanded the Federal Government ? Lets look at the stats and get the "real" facts.... then we'll all know.

And lastly, how in the hell did he hurt business in America ? Record Profits that they have never seen before is what they are enduring !! Uncertainity you say ?.... the only thing Uncertain is if their profits will double or triple....

But, don't let me stop you, keep hating....... its interesting.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Lets not forget, he's half white raised by his white mother, father nonexistent in his life..Might as well call him a white man. Fact he is black is all the gets any air time...For me personally, I could care less. I judge him on merit.
Yeah, I had heard he was born of a virgin in Hawaii.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:05 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,304 times
Quote:
Its not hate, thats a strong word..It's the stupidity as I most see it..The, more of what did not work most surely will work this time, attitude he's adopted. The "we're worried about our Youth in America", blaming high unemployment, but yet he's ok with leaving them with 16 Trillion in debt to pay back, and a bankrupted Social Security. He chose this path, the path to more redistributive Federal programs, more regulations, more contemptuous talk about the wealthy which created evermore class warfare, more debt, more uncertainty in financial markets, and more overall failed big government. Solyndra also comes to mind..

What's been redistributed? Have the tax rates changed? Did your taxes go up and the rates on someone earning less than you go down?

Class warfare inferes some sort of fair competition...the power rests firmly with the top earning 1% and really since 350-700k a year gets you into the top 1% it's more like the top .01%

So the wars. What have we gained besides the maiming of young soldiers whom I have personally cared for (if you want my credentials PM me)?

Apple is the 2nd biggest company in the world and makes very little stateside.
Sears outsources much of it's telephone support services.
We allow Canada and Mexico to manufacture our automobiles.

These are decent payign jobs. Jobs that Americans who maybe didn't go to college could have and make an honest living. These jobs are gone, forever.

The America where someone educated to the level of upper school can get a good paying job and firmly be in the middle class is winding down. The manufacturing jobs, lower level management jobs are disappearing and being outsourced...this didn't happen under Obama.

Class warfare again? The middle class (and really there's a widening gap between the Upper middle class, Upper class and everyone else. And yes, Upper class implies you don't need to work to support your lifestyle, your wealth is passive.

Overpopulation...is this Obama's fault? Too many people, too much need, not enough jobs.

Obamacare. Personally and financially affects me...it's a sodding mess, but Americans would rather pay for and Iphone than health insurance.

But really, you're painting the picture of a politician who failed to live up to his campaign promises...even a greenie midwestern DC intern knows that's a crock.

But the attacks on Obama seem more personal. More about tearing the man down. More about questioning his very right or ligitimacy to hold the office- almost an "it can't be true" type mentality. That's troubling.

But all formality has been lost in this country.

And for the record, my daughter stands erect, hand over her heart and pledges allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. Because the American dream is alive and well and still being fought for by her parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas