Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2011, 10:02 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been to the International Suit Warehouse? Is this a local business? I see their ads during the Mavericks games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 10:05 AM

690 posts, read 1,729,309 times
I know the guy on the commercial is an old Dallas Maverick basketball player; Derrick Harper.
He may be the owner of the business as well.

Last edited by RockyJoe817; 12-21-2011 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: changed information

Old 12-21-2011, 10:51 AM

871 posts, read 2,690,142 times
I've been to, and shopped at, the ISW on 75 on Richardson. For me, it was a not a pleasant experience. I ended up returning a bunch of suits I purchased there because there was some attitude towards alterations and did not live up to promises about when suits would be ready and so forth. To their credit they were really nice about giving me the full refund.

My problem with suits is that the "drop" between jacket size and pant size can end being too great for me, i.e. I wear 52L jacket, but my pants are 42 waist. Many (Some?) 52L suits only have a 4 inch drop, meaning their pants have a 48 size waist. They can shorten pants all they want, but it's tough to take a pant in from 48 waist to 42.

I realize that's my own deal because I am out of proportion, and it's tough to buy off the rack suits for me, BUT when I was looking all the salesman had to do was inform me of this (I didn't know any of that at the time), and I'd be on my way. Instead I saw suits I liked and never once raised an issue that the pants could be problematic, he just tried to make the sale. So I was led to believe the suits I was going to buy could be tailored to me perfectly. But then they had their tailor come out and he had the attitude (And was one of several ISW people to tell me I was wearing my pants too low, sorry ISW, I don't want to wear my pants around my big gut, I found that rude and offensive for them to say), but took measurements, and I got a date to come back and pick them up.

Came back and they weren't ready at the promised time. They wanted more time, and even more measurements. I said I didn't want to have to come back multiple times and the manager there said the same thing about not wearing the pants "properly." That's when I said I am done and asked for a full refund. Nothing had been altered yet, so it wasn't a problem and they were friendly about the refund.

If you buy off the rack, and are in proportion (or plan to use your own/different tailor), I recommend this place. Good selection of suits, good prices. If you are not in proportion, avoid this place like the plague. And no matter what, don't use their tailor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: