Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 AM

4 posts, read 9,518 times

Advertisements

Why does everything feel so fake and superficial in that place?

I can tell when they are talking that they're just being as superficial as you can and there are never any "real" connections anymore

All I hear from them is "clubs, cars, money, celebrities??

What is wrong with those ppl seriously?

Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sncats View Post
Why does everything feel so fake and superficial in that place?

I can tell when they are talking that they're just being as superficial as you can and there are never any "real" connections anymore

All I hear from them is "clubs, cars, money, celebrities??

What is wrong with those ppl seriously?
You obviously haven't met me and my wife, we're about as real as it gets in Uptown lol

Uptown is a lot like Post College Dorm living. You got a lot of single 40,000 millionaires Living it up like there is no tomorrow. Just give them time, all that will change once they get married and start creating families. The wife and I like Uptown because of the fact that it's alive unlike some ofthe retirement type homes we've had in the past where you could hear a cat fart a block away. We also enjoy the location and close proximity to places of interest.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 AM

119 posts, read 352,353 times
A city is a lot like a human body. Different neighborhoods represent the brain, eyes, ears, etc. In Dallas, Uptown would be in charge of the lower gastrointestinal tract. Not a pretty job, but an important one nonetheless.

I actually like Uptown for this very reason. It attracts certain types of individuals and constrains them to a small, predictable area which can be easily avoided. It's a good thing for the rest of the city.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:43 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,306,275 times
"Disneyland" or "The bubble" was built to replicate the people that live and hang out there.

Seriously though, there are some gems in Uptown. It has its areas with character. Overall its a great urban neighborhood, especially by Southern city standards. I love the restored historic trolleys!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 PM

i'm talking about the people not the place....

Old 04-13-2012, 07:40 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,172,355 times
Dallas isn't the only city with a part of town where "the beautiful people" and the people who love them or want to be like them can be seen in their natural habitats: South Beach, West Hollywood/Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, Scottsdale (which some call "Snottsdale") all come to mind. The entire Bravo network wouldn't exist without people like this and the Kardashians have built a cottage industry out of it.

If the whole region were like that and there were no other options, it would be a problem. But you can easily live your life in Dallas without hanging out in Uptown or the Park Cities and thus avoid the aggravation.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:17 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
I find Sunday afternoons on the patio at Primo's very entertaining!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:53 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,376,071 times
Hey Sncats,

I usually do not repsond to people with less than 10 posts, however, I feel inclined to mention this here...

From one of your other recent posts, I take it that you are in high school? Honestly, I am not sure I would enjoy living in Uptown if I were younger than 21. There isnt really a big scene there for people younger than that age, and even then, the neighborhood is better for people who are college graduated, who have a decent job that allows them the disposable income to go to bars and the nicer restaurants. It is typically a place for people in their 20's and 30's who are enjoying finally being free and having all the priveleges of an adult, before they find someone to marry and settle down with.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
Hey Sncats,

I usually do not repsond to people with less than 10 posts, however, I feel inclined to mention this here...

From one of your other recent posts, I take it that you are in high school? Honestly, I am not sure I would enjoy living in Uptown if I were younger than 21. There isnt really a big scene there for people younger than that age, and even then, the neighborhood is better for people who are college graduated, who have a decent job that allows them the disposable income to go to bars and the nicer restaurants. It is typically a place for people in their 20's and 30's who are enjoying finally being free and having all the priveleges of an adult, before they find someone to marry and settle down with.

I'm a graduate student.. BTW if i had no enough money i would not live there...but i'm not into fake& superficial people..My previous place was the most expensive and prestigious area of town to live in,however, people were so much fun,full of life and so natural..

life is not only restaurants and bars..

Old 04-13-2012, 05:50 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,172,355 times
Well, I guess you won't be patronizing this place:

Revive brings Miami-style pool scene to Uptown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: