Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 07:49 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,338,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
This statement does not make sense...not sure what you are insinuating...

A different focus on life? Most of the people we know in Frisco are professionals who purchased there for amenity convenience,job proximity,low crime and great schools.I can not think of a suburb of 100,000 plus people in DFW that stacks up to Frisco on those points.
We have all of that in Richardson and we're just a smidge under 100k population. Plus we don't have a serial arsonist on the loose.

Quote:
Frisco is not the bang for the buck area it once was.The school system has helped drive prices up.You will not find a new build in Frisco under $250,000,rarely under $300,000.
I have no idea why the school system would be driving up prices. I think the prices there are just being lifted by the same market forces that are driving up prices all over the area. And yes, you're right...it's not the 'bang for buck' it used to be.

I remember when I was in the market looking for a house in 2009, various people were very forceful in recommending Frisco to me. I didn't think it'd be a good fit, but maybe they knew something I didn't. I had only been up there a few times to go to the Ikea, so I decided to drive up there and poke around the neighborhoods and shops. Didn't like it; the crowds reminded me of Austin, and it seemed treeless and soulless to me. Sure, I could have gotten a much bigger, fancier house there. But I would have felt stranded. With the same budget today, I wouldn't be able to get nearly as nice a house. The same could be said for almost anywhere in the area, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 10:43 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,561,740 times
To me, a snob is someone who thinks their choices, lifestyle, etc makes them better than others...and thinks it is ridiculous that someone else would choose differently. So based on the comments in this thread, you can see snobs live in all areas of the metroplex

Last edited by PlanoGirl; 07-26-2013 at 11:17 AM..

Old 07-26-2013, 11:15 AM

112 posts, read 228,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoGirl View Post
To me, a snob is someone who thinks their choices, lifestyle, etc makes them better than others...and think it is ridiculous that someone else would choose differently. So based on the comments in this thread, you can see snobs live in all areas of the metroplex

Old 07-26-2013, 12:09 PM

718 posts, read 1,391,783 times
Quote:
To me, a snob is someone who thinks their choices, lifestyle, etc makes them better than others...and thinks it is ridiculous that someone else would choose differently. So based on the comments in this thread, you can see snobs live in all areas of the metroplex

Old 07-26-2013, 01:04 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,338,028 times
Quote:
Yup, pretty much.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:16 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,881,526 times
Quote:
You are fast becoming my favorite poster on the Dallas forum.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:38 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,911,607 times
Quote:
Where is the like button?

Old 03-23-2015, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,776 times
I am planning on moving to Frisco tx. Can anyone tell me what are some good apt complex to live that's not to expensive and good staff members

Old 03-23-2015, 08:38 PM

443 posts, read 1,568,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick123 View Post
Can anyone give me a good idea of what it's like to live in Frisco, TX? The houses are beautiful, and the schools are great, but I've heard it's full of nothing but materialistic snobs, which is not what I want to raise my kids around. Any opinions or experiences? Is it all so money-centric, or are there some down-to-earth friendly areas as well?

Thanks for the help!
It really depends on who you decide to be around. I think there are plenty of materialistic snobs in Frisco without a doubt. But few people in our friend group fit that bill, we're basically hippies who enjoy suburban living. Of course we live in one of the "older" neighborhoods in Frisco built in the 90's. I wouldn't say neighbors are what will determine your experience, this is not a real get out and meet other people kind of place. You make connections through your kids friends parents, hobbies, work or spiritual activities. We happen to know our neighbors and most of them are perfectly nice and down to earth. Filter out the others and keep on going I can't say what living in west Frisco may be like, only know one couple over there...that's the side of town that seems to keep the Frisco reputation running. But that's just what I hear, I don't personally know that.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:53 PM

443 posts, read 1,568,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi cake View Post
Lets face it, people who buy in Frisco have new house as their biggest priority, they aren't looking for nice homes in great neighborhood and tree lined streets. It's just a diffrent focus on life. It seems that finishes of the house and decoration are an obsession. I guess I just don't get people who want to buy in construction zone instead of a nice neighborhood.
I chose my neighborhood because it has tree lined streets...and it was built in the 90's. Look up plantation resort on google maps. I didn't think I would like frisco, but I love this neighborhood. It's as nice and treed as any neighborhood in Mckinney in this price range and no construction in our little corner of the world. Yes without the hills, but I'll sacrifice hills to save 25 minutes on my commute.

We live here for the same reason some others have stated, my wife works in plano and I work in coppell. neither of us have to drive more than 30 minutes to work. Sweeping generalizations are always going to be a bit off. I can't tell the difference between someone from plano, frisco, or cedar hill for that matter. I only know someone is from Highland Park if they have the big yellow HP on their back window. Many lifelong metroplex residents in our subdivision though, less movement in and out.

Btw, current population estimates at frisco website has 145,000 living here at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas