Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,408 times

Advertisements

I am planning to take the alternative teaching certification route to become a high school chemistry/science teacher. I am in search of a reputable program as there are so many of them and I don't know which one to choose.

Well I did read the previous discussions on the Alternative Teaching Program in Texas. It seems for most of the programs it is hard for graduates to land an intern job in order to become certified. And no certification means no possible real teaching job.

I am just hoping for high school science positions it might be somewhat easier? I do have B.S. and M.S. degrees in Chemical engineering and worked several years as an engineer. But I stayed home for 7 years to raise my kids and now it is kind of hard for me to get back to my previous profession. That is why I want to become a teacher to kind of start my career again.

So which program(s) would be worth considering then? Or are there any other better ways to become a high school chemistry/science teacher?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 07:51 AM

482 posts, read 875,006 times
I have no idea but I wanted to say "thank you" for going against the career grain to spend 7 years with your children. It will help our society. I know career-wise it wasn't the best move, but I am so glad you did it.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:06 AM

1,315 posts, read 2,681,036 times
You have great experience/qualifications and should be able to easily land a job after your are certified in a High School...

Texas Teachers | Alternative Teacher Certification in Texas and Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: