Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 08:38 PM

11 posts, read 12,605 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
Posted a while back about moving to Dallas from NYC and have since decided on Addison as it's a decent commute to work in Irving and seems to be a great area for nightlife, restaurants and meeting other young single professionals. Have found some apartments and checked a few out but could certainly use some advice. Looked at the Savoye which seems great but has some HORRIBLE reviews online so am a bit hesitant. I am lookig for something modern, new, clean and safe with other younger professionals and the normal complex amenities. Looking for a 1BR and budget is fairly flexible although the less the better. I work in Irving so something close and convenient to the highway is ideal. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 10:49 AM

988 posts, read 1,828,532 times
Here's my two cents (from my recent relocation to the Dallas area):

I ended up choosing Post Addison Circle. They have a website you can look up to see available apartments. Overall, it seems it would hit what you are looking for in terms of clean, safe, and definitely younger professionals (though I'm not sure I'm "young" anymore - but it works for me and there's other "not young" people too). The apartments are generally modern, though some perhaps a bit more so than others. Depending on which building, you will have shops/restaurants within walking distance and it is easy to get onto the Tollway to 635 (which I think will take you to Irving). Your big box stores are also a short drive such as Target and Walmart, plus many more. If you're into Whole Foods, one is opening nearby.

They were also running a "waived security deposit" special, which helped the pocketbook. Keep in mind, however, there are non-refundable "fees" in addition to your application fee. I paid $235 in total fees, which was my tradeoff for no deposit.

It maybe isn't absolutely perfect and my apartment will seem a bit small, but it's just me so works well enough to get a feel for Dallas. Also, in my case it is literally a 5 minute walk to work which is nice.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:48 PM

686 posts, read 2,436,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastDFW View Post
Hi everyone,
Posted a while back about moving to Dallas from NYC and have since decided on Addison as it's a decent commute to work in Irving and seems to be a great area for nightlife, restaurants and meeting other young single professionals. Have found some apartments and checked a few out but could certainly use some advice. Looked at the Savoye which seems great but has some HORRIBLE reviews online so am a bit hesitant. I am lookig for something modern, new, clean and safe with other younger professionals and the normal complex amenities. Looking for a 1BR and budget is fairly flexible although the less the better. I work in Irving so something close and convenient to the highway is ideal. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Did you look at Fiori? It's brand new and looks nice. Probably on the expensive side though, but they could have some specials since it is new. Addison circle is another good option.

High-end Luxury Apartments for Rent in Addison Texas | Fiori on Vitruvian Park®.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 PM

4 posts, read 6,960 times
If you are working in Irving, I suggest living in Irving. The LBJ is a mess and won't be finished for a while. It is a parking lot half the time. Addison is nice and I live right on the border of Addison and North Dallas and we are there all the time, but you need to know that Addison allows smoking in bars and restaurants. But it is nice. Just be prepared for bad drives every day. I drive the LBJ every day 4x a day and I can tell you, it is exhausting with the speed, traffic, crazy drivers, construction, and lane movement (they move the lanes depending on construction). Once past 35, it is much better. I for one will not work anywhere west of the tollway because of the construction. If I did, I would move.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:23 PM

988 posts, read 1,828,532 times
I have to agree the LBJ (635) is a mess, even in my short time thus far in Dallas. I considered a duplex in Dallas itself, but would require I drive 635 to get to work. That was too much driving for me and dealing with construction. Hence, in spite of a nice area that duplex is in and a place with lots of character, I went with Addison where my work is located.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas