Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2012, 07:59 AM

18 posts, read 30,546 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I saw water accumulated near my pool just where the concrete meets the earth(don't know what to call that area.I've planted some flowers there & there was about an imnch water visible.I thought the spa was broken or something so tried draining water in spa & pool,marked it & no change in water level for a few days so I dont know where the water is coming from Could it be a leak in the pool? A water pipe does run under the flower bed & we'll dig around it to check if it isn't broken but seems unlikely coz we havn't touched that area with anything(no hubby trying to rip off the shrubs which DID damage the pipe twice but he fixed it & we put a new pipe)
Put a stick in the soggy earth & it went about 2 inches so I can't wait long but I don't know who to call?
Can you advise me on who to call & also give me names of some good contractors?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Dora
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,271,055 times
I'm guessing the buried water line is for an automatic sprinkler system? If so, check your sprinkler system for that zone. You could have a buster sprinkler/bubbler that is dumping more than normal amounts of water in that area.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:21 AM

19,804 posts, read 18,110,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dora1088 View Post
Hi!

I saw water accumulated near my pool just where the concrete meets the earth(don't know what to call that area.I've planted some flowers there & there was about an imnch water visible.I thought the spa was broken or something so tried draining water in spa & pool,marked it & no change in water level for a few days so I dont know where the water is coming from Could it be a leak in the pool? A water pipe does run under the flower bed & we'll dig around it to check if it isn't broken but seems unlikely coz we havn't touched that area with anything(no hubby trying to rip off the shrubs which DID damage the pipe twice but he fixed it & we put a new pipe)
Put a stick in the soggy earth & it went about 2 inches so I can't wait long but I don't know who to call?
Can you advise me on who to call & also give me names of some good contractors?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Dora
I'd call a plumber.

Actually, I'd call a pool service company and ask them to send their plumber or recommend a plumber who deals with pools often. One of my best friends is a plumber he, most times, does not want to work on pool plumbing issues.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:27 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,271,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I'd call a plumber.

Actually, I'd call a pool service company and ask them to send their plumber or recommend a plumber who deals with pools often. One of my best friends is a plumber he, most times, does not want to work on pool plumbing issues.
Ya, it's my experience that Plumbers don't care for working on pools.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:30 PM

18 posts, read 30,546 times
Thanks a lot SVTRay and EDS_!

We did the bucket test and found that water inside the bucket was a little more lower than outside in the pool. It was supposed to evaporate same level on inside & outsidefor it to be no leak in pool.Don't know what to make of that yet .

There is this electrical thing box for sprinkler where the water was pooled up and so the problem seems to be the sprinkler system.
Just shut the water supply to sprinkler till next week.

Thanks a lot again.I don't know what I would have done without your help(probably ended up paying $500 to the leak detection guy only to be told there was nothing wrong)

Thanks again
dora

Old 10-22-2012, 05:32 PM

10 posts, read 16,410 times
Glad it's something simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas