Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 PM

227 posts, read 529,154 times

Advertisements

Whatever happens Coppell will stay desirable for people who work in this area or like to stay central since jobs are not always reliable.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:52 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,277 times
OP,
This project is executed on 30 year timescale. Even if there is any impact, it is going to take so many years. If it is going to be like La villita apartments, it will have very positive impact. We are actually searching for home with similar objective. Coppell main might be even more desirable.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:29 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,559,658 times
Depending on what your budget is, you might look at this community if you want to build. I'd kill for some of those lots on acreage:

Toll Brothers - Carter Estates at Coppell

Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM

287 posts, read 517,332 times
Thanks for all of your answers. We haven't yet set foot into either area, but we are leaning toward West Plano over Coppell at the moment. We will definitely visit both areas and maybe we won't like the largeness of Plano and will love Coppell's smaller town feel...we will just have to see. But the Cypress development does still scare me. Thanks again all.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 AM

We looked into both areas and felt that West Plano is a better fit for our family and we are very happy with our decision. Coppell is more expensive overall compared to Plano but West Plano 75093 homes are a bit expensive compared to similar homes in Coppell. Still, In my experience a better value. I like having amenities at my doorstep. I don't want fracking or Cypress Water issues effecting my resale and to be honest warehouses do bother me. You may feel differently.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,748,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamney1 View Post
I don't want fracking or Cypress Water issues effecting my resale and to be honest warehouses do bother me. You may feel differently.
LOL.

West Plano is on the Eastern edge of the Barnett Shale. Guess how many producing gas wells are in West Plano? I saw two rigs working up near Windhaven three years ago. There was also one working on a large right of way around the same time as well near PGBT. The surface valves are easy to see if you know what to look for.

Guess how many MFH/Light Industry/Class A/B office space is already in West Plano and is also YET to be developed?

There will be some towers going in the DNT/PGBT intersection in the next year.

http://www.billingsleyco.com/resourc...RawLand-08.pdf

Old 01-18-2013, 02:02 PM

West Plano gets Corporate Headquarters not warehouses. Offices bring educated and executive buyers not loaders and trucks.

BTW Barnett Shale's BS stops at Collin County.
"That boundary is the Ouachita Thrust Fault, a geological formation thought to mark the eastern edge of the Barnett Shale.
It bisects Hill County, clips the northwest corner of Ellis County and runs through the northwestern third of Dallas County.
Just inside the Collin County line, it's stopped by another barrier - the Muenster Arch - that marks the northern edge of the gas field as it treks through Denton County and points beyond."

Last edited by Obamney1; 01-18-2013 at 02:29 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 02:27 PM

The Barnett Shale has been classified into "Core" and "Non-Core" areas of production. To date production has concentrated in the Core area where the shale is thicker and the uncertainty is reduced. This allows for the wells to be drilled at slightly lower gas prices than those in Non-core areas.

Core

Denton (active)
Tarrant (active)
Wise (active)
Non-core

Bosque (potential)
Comanche (potential)
Cooke (active)
Dallas(active)
Ellis (potential)
Erath (active)
Hamilton (potential)
Hill (active)
Hood (active)
Jack (potential)
Johnson (active)
Montague (potential)
Palo Pinto (active)
Parker (active)
Somervell (potential)

Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,046 times
I'm usually all for higher density development but I don't understand the logic in the cypress waters development. No one really seems to be excited about it. Homeowners in Coppell and the city seem to be strongly opposed to it as well as the city of Irving. The type of person who would want to lease here won't want to live in Coppell, and there are plenty of areas where this type of housing is in much higher demand. Billingsley should do a low density master planned single family development similar to their Austin Waters community. Instead of 1000's of mid-rise apartment units that nobody wants.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:17 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,748,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamney1 View Post
West Plano gets Corporate Headquarters not warehouses. Offices bring educated and executive buyers not loaders and trucks.
The average pay at those corp HQs is far closer to 50K a year than 100K a year. Lots of Call Centers whose staff are NOT usually degreed and with two parent families. I put in some of those call centers. Some are huge.

And the majority of the retail staff at the retailers and big box places make less than 20K. Again not degreed.

So all those trucks and loaders at the big box retailers are just a figment of my imagination?

Walmart, Target, Costco? And shudder, Morningstar Moving and Storage?

Plano Superior Storage is right across from Willow Bend Mall.

On the Billingsley owned Austin Ranch complex just West of Midway - Sysco has a HUGE distribution hub whose trucks use Windhaven to get to Plano and DNT. A lot of their drivers moved here during Katrina. I put some of them up in hotels in West Plano to help them out. Quite the creole accent. They now live in the apartments near Shepton.

And there are several other warehouses there as well with more planned.

Just wait until Nebraska Furniture Mart goes in right off Plano Road and 121 just 1 mile from Midway. All that traffic and people coming in to shop will spill over into West Plano.

The Colony will house the world's largest home furnishings store | www.pegasusnews.com | Dallas/Fort Worth

Quote:
cannot even wrap my head around how big this is going to be. Looking out across the field, if you can see the trucks in the far distance, that’s the span of the place. They say the size of 40 Texas football fields and sitting on 90 acres just for the 560,000 square foot Furniture Mart alone. Yeehaw! When it opens, it will attract more than 8 million visitors and generate a projected $600 million in annual sales. All here in North Texas.
A quick look at the zoning for the undeveloped parcels in West Plano promises LOTS of multi-family housing too.

Quote:
BTW Barnett Shale's BS stops at Collin County.

Just inside the Collin County line, it's stopped by another barrier - the Muenster Arch - that marks the northern edge of the gas field as it treks through Denton County and points beyond."
The Barnett extends almost to Preston Road. Preston Road to Midway is typically thought of as "West Plano." The Barnett is really several formations. One of which is Eagle Ford.

Here is a geologic map of Collin County. As you can see, Eagle Ford is there. Its the blue on the map.

Geology of Collin County, Texas - July 14, 2007.

Eagle Ford Formation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There were rigs drilling into the Barnett along DNT three years ago. Take the map and drive around looking for the well heads or use google earth. They are easy to spot.

Looking at a private db I have access to, I see there is one rig active just inside the Denton line
not far from West Plano. You should be able to drive around and find it.

Here is what they look like.

Barnett Boom Ignites Hunt for Unconventional Gas Resources | JSG News

BTW, the Austin Chalk formation is a very solid place for foundations. The Woodbine formation is a major aquifer for the region. The recharge for it is in Eastern Collin county
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas